Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3
WGN America Picks Up Two Original Series; Pop TV Orders New Comedy Florida Girls
Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Returns; Canceled CBS Sitcoms Return on Saturday Nights
Jim Carrey Comedy and Shameless Premiere Sept. 9; Sabrina Star Gets GSN Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #751
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Thanks Janice and Monika. I'm not sure if there is a way too block his number. He has just continued to call. I lost count. I have told him a few times already that I would call the cops (thinking that would scare him off), but it didn't. I wish my sister wouldn't give out our number to everyone.
Jenny maybe you shouldn't just threaten to call the cops maybe you should actually call them. It sounds like this kid needs to learn a lesson!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 PM   #752
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
Jenny maybe you shouldn't just threaten to call the cops maybe you should actually call them. It sounds like this kid needs to learn a lesson!
I agree, I'd actually go ahead and call them.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #753
Schmoopie
Sue and Sean Forever!
Forum Veteran

Wow, that's scary. I'd be calling the police too! Years ago, I really liked this guy that I worked with and gave him my number. The first time he called, he started asking me things like "What are you wearing?" OMG, he was SO not like that at work and it totally freaked me out. Back then I had an answering machine, so I started screening my calls. It was really creepy and he eventually did stop, but it's been so long ago, I can't remember what I did. I think I just ignored him at work or something. Finally he got the hint, though. Now I usually only give my cell phone number.

Andrea
Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #754
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
This boy named Lewis has called asking to speak to my sister 16 times. Yes, 16! I have told him repeatedly that she hasn't gotten home yet from camp. He started calling at 12:36pm and just keeps calling. We don't have caller id so we have to answer the phone.
Didn't something like this happen once before? I read your post and was totally overcome with deja vu.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #755
qwerty
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
I think I'd try and talk to the parents first. I believe we're talking about teenagers and they can get obsessed with stuff. I would only call the cops as a last resort.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #756
Sharop
Andy Gibb aged 12

Location: Courthouse Square, Hill Valley, beside the clocktower, 10:04 p.m., November 12th 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I think I'd try and talk to the parents first. I believe we're talking about teenagers and they can get obsessed with stuff. I would only call the cops as a last resort.
I tend to agree with qwerty...while it's not impossible that this person could pose some kind of threat, it's also possible that he's harmless and is just being obsessive as qwerty said. Having only recently been a teenager myself (I'm going to be 21 later this month) and knowing a lot of teenagers, they can be stubborn, persistent and, yes, obsessive - and sometimes they don't consider the consequences of their actions or think about how they come across to other people. So yes, I would recommend talking to his parents first as well, if you can.

Doc: Don't worry! As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower, everything will be fine!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #757
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
I agree, I'd actually go ahead and call them.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 08-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #758
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:
This boy named Lewis has called asking to speak to my sister 16 times. Yes, 16! I have told him repeatedly that she hasn't gotten home yet from camp. He started calling at 12:36pm and just keeps calling. We don't have caller id so we have to answer the phone.

I'd kick this guy's ass first, then I would call the police. Thats just what I would do. Send him a message that your family cant be f**ked with.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #759
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsongirl
Didn't something like this happen once before? I read your post and was totally overcome with deja vu.
There was a boy in my sister's class named ID who called her 10 times in one day. The difference here is that this boy Lewis called her 25+ times yesterday. It was so ridiculous. He called this morning at 7:43am and it woke me up.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #760
Janice
Lily & Cesar-In my Heart 4ever
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

If this kid is so unstable that he can call a house over 25 times in one day, despite an adult telling him to stop, then I think he's dangerous. I don't care how old he is. If any stranger called my house that incessantly, you bet I'd call the cops. Who knows what he's capable of doing. He can just show up at your house. Didn't your sister meet him at a special camp?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #761
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Icon15

I agree with Janice 100%. You never know what he may be capable of. Next time he calls your house, CALL THE COPS ASAP!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #762
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
If this kid is so unstable that he can call a house over 25 times in one day, despite an adult telling him to stop, then I think he's dangerous. I don't care how old he is. If any stranger called my house that incessantly, you bet I'd call the cops. Who knows what he's capable of doing. He can just show up at your house. Didn't your sister meet him at a special camp?
You make a good point Janice. I don't know what he might be capable of. Yes, she met him at a special camp. I'm not sure what his disability is.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #763
qwerty
Frequent Poster

Quote:
If this kid is so unstable that he can call a house over 25 times in one day, despite an adult telling him to stop, then I think he's dangerous.
I think it would be more effective if the adult telling him to stop were his parents. If he ignores his parents telling him to stop I would call the cops.

Quote:
I don't care how old he is. If any stranger called my house that incessantly, you bet I'd call the cops.
He's not a stranger though. Jenny's sister knows him.

Quote:
Who knows what he's capable of doing. He can just show up at your house. Didn't your sister meet him at a special camp?
Since they met at a special camp they probably live in different towns and he probably doesn't drive making it less likely he can show up at their house.

If they know his number I'd call his parents. If they don't know it they could try *69 after he calls and try and get it that way or they could ask him directly for it.

They may want to consider getting her a cell phone with restrictions on it so future "friends" can call her on that instead of on the house phone number and Jenny doesn't need to pick up the phone.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #764
musicismylife3

Jenn, I have been in a similar situation; my advice is, screen your telephone calls, allow the answering machine to pick up. I am just curious, does this person, leaves messages? if that is the case, then save them, to prove that he has been harassing you. Calling someone, regardless of their mental or intellectually situation is just ridiculous. I am sorry that you are going through this
Old 08-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #765
Janice
Lily & Cesar-In my Heart 4ever
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I think it would be more effective if the adult telling him to stop were his parents. If he ignores his parents telling him to stop I would call the cops.

He's not a stranger though. Jenny's sister knows him.

Since they met at a special camp they probably live in different towns and he probably doesn't drive making it less likely he can show up at their house.

If they know his number I'd call his parents. If they don't know it they could try *69 after he calls and try and get it that way or they could ask him directly for it.

They may want to consider getting her a cell phone with restrictions on it so future "friends" can call her on that instead of on the house phone number and Jenny doesn't need to pick up the phone.
He's a stranger to Jenny. He met her sister at camp they attended for five days. Jenny is an adult, and she's home alone. She has told him to stop calling, and has even threatened to call the police. He refuses, and now he's calling 25+ times a day. He could live an hour away or in the next town. People have ways of getting places. I wouldn't care what the circumstance was. If anyone, for any reason, was calling me constantly and refused to stop, I'd call the cops.
Closed Thread