Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Millers links at Sitcoms Online / The Millers Photo Gallery

The Millers - The First Season

Buy The Millers - The First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > The Millers
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
HauntedThunderman94
Forum Regular

Default CBS Cancels The Millers

Quote:
CBS has pulled the plug on sophomore comedy The Millers. The sitcom will film one more episode before shutting down. The Millers is set to air this coming Monday, the fate of the remaining completed episodes beyond that is unclear but CBS will likely pull the show. While it did OK behind The Big Bang Theory last season, The Millers has been underwhelming in its new Monday berth, most recently pulling in a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49 this week. It also has been dragging down CBS’ Monday breakout, new 9 PM drama Scorpion, which has followed it.

CBS’ decision to renew The Millers, which was fully owned by the network, despite its poor retention behind The Big Bang, while cancelling several freshman comedy series from other studios – Friends With Better Lives, The Crazy Ones and Bad Teacher — sparked controversy. At TCA in July CBS chairman Nina Tassler defended the choice as based on the network’s faith in The Millers’ potential.

Despite a high-profile new cast addition in Sean Hayes, The Millers suffered a scheduling setback when CBS opted to launch it on Mondays and air it there for a couple of months instead of staying in the protected post-Big Bang slot as originally planned. The Millers never found its grooved in the new berth behind 2 Broke Girls.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/the-mill...bs-1201284943/
Old 11-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

I liked the show last year and then they added Sean Hayes. It's now unwatchable.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
irehtman

This actress, who plays Debbie in this show, can now return to her previous show as a reduced and recurring guest.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
Mace Dolex

Will Arnett is always solid but I couldn't commit to watching this show.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Chocolate Moose

The mother is the real star of the show. I adore that character!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
JLThorpe
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I liked the show last year and then they added Sean Hayes. It's now unwatchable.

I actually didn't mind Sean Hayes on the show. When I found out he was being added to the cast, I was afraid it was going to screw things up, but I liked the show just as much as before. Maybe I just liked the show so much that his addition didn't bother me.

I think the real problem was moving it to Mondays. Following Big Bang Theory on Thursdays, it held its own. But moving it to Mondays and taking away the Big Bang Theory lead-in, it didn't hold up. Which is a shame, because that was one of only two shows I really looked forward to every week (the other was Big Bang Theory itself).
Old 11-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

Why do these execs have to move things around? It it isn't broken don't fix it. I haven't had the chance to see this season yet. I keep forgetting to add it to my DVR.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's

Yeah they didn't really need Sean Hayes as a regular. He's always so over the top in his acting and it takes away from the rest of the cast. I liked Margo Martindale, she really made the show funny. Too bad they cancelled it.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #9
howilu

To me, it's really sad that CBS cancelled The Millers. it was a hilarious show that had a lot of potential and Margo Martindale was outstanding as the mom. It was a shame that she didn't get nominated for an Emmy or even a Golden Globe Award. The network ruined a good sitcom by switching its time slot.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

On last night's episode they made several comments about The Big Bang Theory, it was kind of funny. Did anyone else notice it?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #11
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Nina Tassler, Chairman of CBS Entertainment, says that although CBS gave the comedy a "terrific launch," it didn't get traction or build its audience.

In the end, it was a tough call, but it is the "nature of the beast" of making television that it had to be canceled.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/CBS-Colb...s-1092013.aspx
Old 02-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
Yong Fang

I tried the show but came away with my general dislike of Will Arnett as an actor. He plays a variation of a character and I just do not care for the guy. I do like Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges, but the two characters were constantly yelling and fighting one another. Tried it two or three times and gave up.

Kind of surprised it made it two seasons actually, but there is a lot of shows I tried and dismissed that has been around for years.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #13
liane49

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
This actress, who plays Debbie in this show, can now return to her previous show as a reduced and recurring guest.
I wondered what happened to it. When it first moved to Mon. I watched Dancing with the Stars. Then I thought I'd watch it after Dancing with the stars was over.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #14
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by liane49
I wondered what happened to it. When it first moved to Mon. I watched Dancing with the Stars. Then I thought I'd watch it after Dancing with the stars was over.

Dancing with the Stars runs for two hours (from 8 to 10 PM), The Millers was in the 8:30 PM timeslot, so The Millers will have already been over for an hour by the time DwtS ends.