Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV Singer/Actress Eve Replaces Aisha Tyler on "The Talk"

Aisha Tyler is Leaving "The Talk"
by Liam Mathews
June 15, 2017

"The Talk" co-host Aisha Tyler announced Thursday that she's leaving the CBS daytime chat show at the end of the season in July. Tyler explained that she's just too busy with three other shows and her burgeoning directing career.

"I just realized I had to let something go," she said, crying.

In addition to co-hosting "The Talk", Tyler is also a series regular on "Criminal Minds", hosts "Whose Line is it Anyway?" and does a voice on "Archer".

She also directed a movie called Axis, which is screening at film festivals. She said that the experience made her realize that directing is her passion and she needs to devote her attention to that, which she would not be able to do while working on the daily show.

Tyler said her choice was the "hardest decision" in her life, adding that she considers the co-hosts, who include Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and series creator Sara Gilbert, to be her family, with whom she has "precious" friendships.

She did say that she'd like to come back as a guest host and promote her other projects, so this may not be goodbye forever.

Tyler joined "The Talk" during Season 2 in 2011.

It's not yet known if she will be replaced.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/aisha-ty...ving-the-talk/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 11-14-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

What a total bummer! She is just really funny in general and it will be sad to see her go.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:06 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Veteran

The Talk and Criminal Minds would take up the most time since Archer and Whose Line film/record multiple episodes in a row. Maybe she got tired of the rigors of morning television?
Old 06-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
The Talk and Criminal Minds would take up the most time since Archer and Whose Line film/record multiple episodes in a row. Maybe she got tired of the rigors of morning television?

The Talk is an afternoon show.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #5
tvfreak1987
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
The Talk is an afternoon show.

But it tapes in LA, so technically it is morning there (11am) when it goes live for the EST/CST zones.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:30 AM   #6
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreak1987
But it tapes in LA, so technically it is morning there (11am) when it goes live for the EST/CST zones.

Ah. I see what you mean now. So Whose Line is also in California still?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
cablejockey
Forum Regular

The show has a glaring empty spot without Aisha there!!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #8
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Wish she was leaving Whose Line. Sorry, not a fan.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Eve Officially Joins "The Talk" as New Host
by Dino-Ray Ramos
Nov. 14, 2017

Musician-actress Eve officially has signed on "The Talk" as a new host. Eve Jeffers Cooper made her official debut today, after appearing as guest co-host during the week of October 13.

She joins Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood on the CBS daytime talker.

Angelica McDaniel, EVP Daytime Programs at CBS Entertainment, said Eve brings a fun and fresh perspective to our already diverse panel and will add a new layer to the show as we continue to evolve season to season.

I think what Im looking forward to the most is showcasing my personality and who I am now as a woman, Eve told Deadline about her new gig. In my career, people know me from my music and I have done certain things in entertainment, but this is a different avenue for me.

Currently based in London, Eve said that when she was first approached to host, she thought it would be an ideal position but had to think about it.

Once I did the first test week and I met all the ladies, I felt the energy not only from them but everyone I met on the set, and it was great, she said. It was one of those exciting moments in life where I thought it would be a good challenge for me. If it feels right, then it must be right.

She adds that "The Talk" is an important show to have now because of its distinct female point of view on current issues. And to have such a diverse group of women as well I think that is very important, she said.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/eve-the-...st-1202207400/
Attached Images