Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show
Comedy Central Orders Awkwafina Comedy; Remembering Ken Berry of F Troop, Mayberry R.F.D. and Mama's Family

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-17-2000, 09:14 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Thumbs up Post your all-time favorite episode here

What is your all-time favorite episode of The Golden Girls and why?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2000, 05:33 AM   #2
Jenn122

Thumbs up

Well, I'd have to say that question is too hard ~ how could I pick a favorite?
Old 08-20-2000, 05:15 PM   #3
Golden Girl
Occasional Poster

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
What is your all-time favorite episode of The Golden Girls and why?
The final episode. I cry during the final scene, but I like it. Leslie Nielsen is great in it. Quote: Rose: how was the sex?
Dorothy: SO GOOD WE NAMED IT!!!!

Golden Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2000, 03:46 AM   #4
daisygirlee
Frequent Poster

Red face

Hands down.. its when the girls go to the murder mystery weekend. Seeing Dorothy compete and being determined to solve the crime was a riot.
daisygirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2000, 04:30 AM   #5
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

My favorite is when Rose threw that birthday party at some kiddie place(Mr.Haha I believe) It was too funny. The funniest part was when Mr. Ha Ha started calling the names of kids that had birthdays dorothy was in a panic when Mr Ha Ha called her name and then she started to choke Rose. Normally I would take Rose's side on anything but this. I would have been tempted to start choking her too.

Mr. Ha Ha continued to annoy Dorothy till it got to the point that Dorothy was about pie him in the face until he said:
"Mr. Ha Ha will have to get his lawyer and do lawsuit"! Then seconds later a kid pied Mr. Ha Ha and said "Happy Birthday Dorothy".
That was sweet and hilarious.

Another one is when Rose finds out that her bear was sold. Blanche tries to give her a phony excuse and Rose says with anger:
"Blanche. CUT THE CRAP AND FIND MY BEAR!"
The little girl that has the bear, holds it for ransom and Rose gives her a speech about how "not everyone gets everything they want.
That's just the way life is kiddo." Then she snatches the doll and pushes the girl outside the door and shuts it.

Be careful when it comes to nice people, 'cause they rarely show an angry side. But when it comes out, it comes out.
Rose was always so nice Blanche and Dorothy weren't used to seeing an angry side of Rose but were starled when it did come.

[This message has been edited by ThomasE (edited 11-20-2000).]
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2000, 11:49 AM   #6
PomeranzFan1

Smile

1. Sophia sings, "Thanks for the Medicare" in the one where she struggles to find an act to do at the seniors' center.

2. The gang sings, "Miami, Miami, You've Got Style!"

3. "Grab that Dough!"
Old 11-23-2000, 01:27 AM   #7
iluvjo
Occasional Poster

The one where the girls (Blanche, Rose, Dorothy) get arrested for being prositutes. Sophia comes to bail them out, but only if she gets to go with 2 of them to see Burt Reynolds. Then she takes the tickets and claims she doesn't know them. HILARIOUS!

I loved it when she comes in and says...

"Arrested for prostitution, I can't believe it!"
Dorothy: Ma, it was a mistake.
Sophia: I know, I can't believe the cops would think someone would pay to have sex with you.

------------------
TOOTIE: Can we sing?
JO: Sing?
TOOTIE: That's what I do when I'm scared. What do you do?
JO: Slap people.
iluvjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 09:46 PM   #8
Nivek1212
First Time Poster

My favorite episode is probably "Ladies of the Evening", the episode where Dorothy, Blanche, and Rose get arrested for prostitution. Well, we all know they really weren't prostitutes, but the police thought they were. The funniest scene was when Sophia came to bail them out, and ended up leaving them there and taking their tickets to see Burt Reynolds.

Favorite Quote:
(When Sophia comes to bail them out of jail)
SOPHIA: Arrested for prostitution, I can't believe it!
DOROTHY: Ma, we're innocent!
SOPHIA: I know that! What I can't believe is that these dumb cops think anybody would pay money to sleep with you!
Nivek1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 10:27 PM   #9
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

Send a message via Yahoo to jayman75
My favorite episode(s) is the two-parter where Max and Sophia get married, with a house full of Elvis' (Elvi? ). Blanche and Rose have started a chapter of an Elvis fan club, and at a meeting, they present a "genuine Elvis artifact" -- a partially eaten pork chop. Dorothy makes fun of it, and she is subtly kicked out of the group. After everyone leaves, Blanche asks is she is OK. Dorothy responds "I think I'll live through it. There has to be a support group for people like me!!"

CLASSIC!!!!!
jayman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:54 AM   #10
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

One of my favorite quotes is:

Dorothy: I wouldn't let Stan come near me. I completely cut off his sex.

Rose: You mean it grows back?

---------------------------------------------
Blanche: If we don't come up with the money by the end of the week, we'll lose the hotel.

Rose: Oh, I wish Dorothy were here!

Blanche: Me too, honey. But not even she could help us out of this one.

Rose: No, but she could beat the crap out of you!

ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 04:52 PM   #11
Brett
Occasional Poster

Thumbs up

I like the Christmas special where everyone was going to go meet there family for christmas but stuff got in there way also one I didnt like was. When These old friends of Sophia's came to visit her and they told her Dorthy may not be Sophia child I really didnt like that one.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 06:35 AM   #12
trm37
Occasional Poster

I like te one where Rose needs women who live together and sleep together to be on her show and they introduce the other women on the show as image consultants and when it comes time to introduce Dorothy and Blance they are called lesbians and Dorothy's face drops. It is such a hoot.I also like the one where Blanche gives Sophia a makeover and she says "I took an 85 year old woman and madeher look like a 65 year old drag queen."There are so many I could go on all night.I just love them. Tim
trm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:02 PM   #13
Precious
Frequent Poster

Talking

I like the episode when Dorothy had her friends perform the play, Chicken Little at her school.
Precious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 08:09 PM   #14
hch
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to hch Send a message via Yahoo to hch
I love this show and I have a lot of favorite episodes:

- The Lesbian episode. I Loved how Blanche reacted to the word at first and then to Jean being in love with Rose.

- The Bedtime episode when everyone tries to get into Sophia's bed when the air conditioner goes out of wack. I like the part where Rose prays and then a low voice tells her to shut up and go to bed.

- The Burglary episode. Blanches maces herself, Rose shoots a lamp, and learns how to defend herself in an excellent chase scene in a parking lot.

- Yes the "Ladies of the Evening" episode as well

- The one where Dorothy goes out with a priest and Rose and Blache just discovered it

- The one where Blanche's daughter has a baby. That entire show was funny and yet serious too

- I absolutely love the two-parter where Sophia is convicted of burning down the Shady Pines home. That was a great clip-filled episode.

- The Job Hunting episode where Rose, Blanche, and Dorothy talk about their first sexual encounters and their first ummmm...are you serious, why many times! Many many times!

- The Housekeeper episode where they think that the housekeeper cursed them

- the FRieda Claxton episode

- The one where Blanche almost gets that fat guy, Ham, in the sack. The waiter's reaction was priceless.

- The one where Blanche gets a visit from her supposedly dead husband George. Lyle Waggoner and Sonny Bono in one episode! Wow!

- The One where Sophia's sister Angela came to visit and the girls think that she cut up Rose's chicken

- The show with the Dance Marathon. Everyone knows that that was NOT Rose really doing all those flips!

- The one where the Nanny comes for teh music box and Blanche doesn't give it up, but when she does, it's the wrong one. "The Themesong to BONANZA" "Who the Hell gave him this one?"

-The Mixed Marriage episode where Dorothy's son marries an older black woman.

- The episode where Sophia gets hit by a baseball and fakes paralysis for her and Stan to get money.

- The MONKEY ON A CONE Episode!

- The one where Rose has an attack and requests everyone to get their HEADS frozen.

- The episode where Blanche goes out with a guy in a wheelchair that she meets in the library. I love her little "Scarlett" speech at the end of that show.

- The episode where Dorothy meets Jon Noretti who got turned away by Sophia. I like the part where Dorothy confronts Sophia about it and Rose skips off saying "Somebody's gonna get it!"

I think that's about all of my favorites. I think the entire run was funny, but these were my all-time toppers!

hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 02:55 PM   #15
JMPolniaczek15
Forum Regular

Gosh, there are so many I like. Here goes...

- The one where they perform Chicken Little
- The ep. with flashbacks of times when they have slept in the same bed.
- When Sophia's freind Martha tries to commit sucide.
- When Rose thinks she might have AIDS.
- The one where Sophia is hanging out with a new group of people and Dorothy doesn't like it so she moves out.

the list goes on and on...
JMPolniaczek15 is offline   Reply With Quote