Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #46
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

New titles added:


The Cable Guy workprint
Scooby Doo (2002) workprint.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #47
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Coming soon: The Mask of Zorro & The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

Army of Darkness I found but was told the quality is unwatchable. This version is rumoured to have a scene with Ash's boss at S Mart played by Charles Napier.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:30 AM   #48
kalopsia
Member
Frequent Poster
 
kalopsia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07, 2014
Posts: 60
Nodsmiley

That's awesome! Great news Jeff. Jeff you're like a workprint detective.

I'm pretty sure that Army of Darkness fan edit version 2 on workprint collections guys list has scenes from the workprint in the edit too which made it a little different then the primitive screw head fan edit.

I used to always notice the differences between the normal AOD TV version and HBO version back in the day when it was aired to death!

Look out for upgrades too! Like a actual real VHS < DVDR transfer of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, i have a VCD, and a VCD<VHS<DVDR transfer.. would love a true VHS<DVDR transfer!
kalopsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:53 AM   #49
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 5,795
Default

Im glad ya got some buddy!!!!

Did ya ever get the WP for SPY KIDS??

Member I said I had that @ one time.... Interesting seeing her flying over a map!! (Where the city would be placed in the movie)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:12 AM   #50
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
That's awesome! Great news Jeff. Jeff you're like a workprint detective.

I'm pretty sure that Army of Darkness fan edit version 2 on workprint collections guys list has scenes from the workprint in the edit too which made it a little different then the primitive screw head fan edit.

I used to always notice the differences between the normal AOD TV version and HBO version back in the day when it was aired to death!

Look out for upgrades too! Like a actual real VHS < DVDR transfer of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, i have a VCD, and a VCD<VHS<DVDR transfer.. would love a true VHS<DVDR transfer!
I think this Army of Darkness copy is a lot different than that fan edit floating around. I've been told by another source that he had gotten a copy on the street in New York and its very bad quality and timecoded. I'll be getting a screenshot soon and will see what's it like. Whatever decides to pop I'll keep you in the loop.

Keep your eyes open on a supposed Wing Commander (1999) workprint it's said to run 25 minutes longer then the theatrical version.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:13 AM   #51
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im glad ya got some buddy!!!!

Did ya ever get the WP for SPY KIDS??

Member I said I had that @ one time.... Interesting seeing her flying over a map!! (Where the city would be placed in the movie)
If my source has Spy Kids I'll grab it.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #52
kalopsia
Member
Frequent Poster
 
kalopsia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07, 2014
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
I think this Army of Darkness copy is a lot different than that fan edit floating around. I've been told by another source that he had gotten a copy on the street in New York and its very bad quality and timecoded. I'll be getting a screenshot soon and will see what's it like. Whatever decides to pop I'll keep you in the loop.

Keep your eyes open on a supposed Wing Commander (1999) workprint it's said to run 25 minutes longer then the theatrical version.
I've seen a Army of Darkness workprint on some guys list years ago. Pat Rodriguez I think. He used to always talk about buying bootlegs off of the streets of NYC too. Unfortunately every time i asked for a screen shot he would flip out and say he doesn't have time to take any. So i assumed it wasn't real or at best a mislabeled fan edit. He supposedly had a few workprints I've never seen anywhere on his list, but once again he would flip out on you if you asked for proof though.

Hope we see some more workprints! Girl Interrupted, APT Pupil, Con Air, Leprechaun, Heavy Metal 2. Snatch, Catwomen, Fast and the furious, PI, Wild Things, Underworld, and a few others would be great!

I'm dying to see Mask of Zorro! Hopefully it doesn't take months to encode like the Iron Giant and Tarzan.
kalopsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 PM   #53
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
I've seen a Army of Darkness workprint on some guys list years ago. Pat Rodriguez I think. He used to always talk about buying bootlegs off of the streets of NYC too. Unfortunately every time i asked for a screen shot he would flip out and say he doesn't have time to take any. So i assumed it wasn't real or at best a mislabeled fan edit. He supposedly had a few workprints I've never seen anywhere on his list, but once again he would flip out on you if you asked for proof though.

Hope we see some more workprints! Girl Interrupted, APT Pupil, Con Air, Leprechaun, Heavy Metal 2. Snatch, Catwomen, Fast and the furious, PI, Wild Things, Underworld, and a few others would be great!

I'm dying to see Mask of Zorro! Hopefully it doesn't take months to encode like the Iron Giant and Tarzan.
Let's be patient and see what show up.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:13 AM   #54
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Did more looking around, I managed to find an old trading list from November, 1997 from a trader who went by Emily. With the exception of Crash I'm wondering if these "Studio prints" may be workprints as well. She had a website but it's gone no hint even on archive wayback.

Movies (uncut, workprint, studio print, letterbox) in SP
- Air Force One studio print* (excellent quality, lbx)
- Eve's Bayou studio print* (good quality)
- U-Turn studio print* (good quality)
- Bean studio print* (excellent quality)
- Starship Troopers studio print* (good quality)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer studio print* (fair quality)
- LA Confidential studio print* (very good quality)
- Chasing Amy director's cut* (fair quality)
- The Game studio print* (fair/poor quality)
- Boogie Nights* studio print (fair/poor quality)
- Playing God* studio print (fair quality)
- Red Corner* studio print (fair quality)
- Gattaca* studio print (fair/poor quality)
- Money Talks work print (good/fair quality)
w/ alternate scenes*
- Mimic uncut work print* (fair quality)
audio bad in first few minutes
- Copland work print* (fair/good quality)
rare--4 extra scenes
- My Best Friend's Wedding work print*
Rare! 50 extra minutes
- Austin Powers work print
w/ alternate scenes* (good quality)
- Spawn uncut work print* (good quality)
- Men in Black workprint (poor quality)
- Crash workprint (poor quality)
From Canne, with french subtitles

The hunt continues.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #55
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
Did more looking around, I managed to find an old trading list from November, 1997 from a trader who went by Emily. With the exception of Crash I'm wondering if these "Studio prints" may be workprints as well. She had a website but it's gone no hint even on....
A chick is into this stuff?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #56
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256 View Post
A chick is into this stuff?
You'd be amazed at the **** I find on the archives. Some of the stories are downright hilarious. There was a guy who went by the name of Ebola The Soul Collector and reading his stuff from back into 1996. He was one of many that got busted by the MPAA and was warning other traders. One of his posts talked about buying a camera and sending amateur sex tapes.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #57
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
You'd be amazed at the **** I find on the archives. Some of the stories are downright hilarious. There was a guy who went by the name of Ebola The Soul Collector and reading his stuff from back into 1996. He was one of many that got busted by the MPAA and was warning other traders. One of his posts talked about buying a camera and sending amateur sex tapes.
Just be glad you weren’t around to read Kantica22’s rants. I never could figure out the guy’s deal, but he sure had one.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #58
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Who was Kantica22? Another Archer Troy alias? I love reading the old stories just to get laughs and hope that one day more will surface.

Do you know if a workprint of The Big Hit (1998) exists?
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #59
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
Who was Kantica22? Another Archer Troy alias? I love reading the old stories just to get laughs and hope that one day more will surface.

Do you know if a workprint of The Big Hit (1998) exists?
He was a troll who posted all kinds of inflammatory bullshit and tried to start flame wars with several regulars on AVTT. He was paranoid. He thought several traders on the board were conspiring to kill him or something. It was ridiculous and reading his stuff was a waste of time. I honestly think I’m dumber today for having read so many of his posts.

I think I saw the Big Hit on people’s lists back then, but, again, that was a long time ago.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #60
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 126
Default

I'm guessing you heard a workprint for 101 Dalmatians exist. Runs 29 minutes longer than the theatrical version guy won't share it unless he has a batman workprint.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.