Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-14-2019, 11:36 PM   #16
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jeopardy!" Ratings Hit 14-Year High as James Holzhauer's Streak Continues
by Rick Porter
May 14, 2019

James Holzhauer's 22-game "Jeopardy!" winning streak continues to push the show's ratings higher.

The syndicated game show drew its best household rating in 14 years in the week of April 29. "Jeopardy!'s" 8.3 mark among households was its highest since March 2005.

"Jeopardy!" averaged 13.28 million daily viewers for the week. That was better than the same-day audiences for every Nielsen-rated show in primetime, including CBS' broadcast leader "The Big Bang Theory" (12.49 million viewers) and the initial tune-in for HBO's "Game of Thrones" (11.8 million, not including streaming).

"Jeopardy!'s" ratings have climbed steadily during Holzhauer's streak. In his first full week of shows (April 8-12), the show averaged 10.09 million viewers. It grew to 10.67 million the week of April 15, then 11.97 million and 13.28 million — a gain of almost 32 percent over those four weeks.

Household ratings have gone up by nearly 30 percent (6.4 to 8.3) in the same time frame.

Holzhauer has been accumulating prize money at an unprecedented rate during his winning streak. As of May 3, the contestant had won nearly $1.7 million, an average of better than $77,000 per game. He holds the 10 highest single-day winnings in the show's history.

Ken Jennings remains the all-time "Jeopardy!" money leader in regular play with more than $2.5 million, but it took him 74 games to amass that total. Holzhauer has amassed his winnings by dominating game play and making aggressive bets on Daily Double and Final Jeopardy clues.

Holzhauer is creeping up to Jennings in terms of ratings, as well. During the latter's record-shattering run in 2004, household ratings improved by 22 percent over the previous year. During the four full weeks Holzhauer has been on the show, ratings have risen nearly 20 percent year to year. (If the week including Holzhauer's first two wins is included, that gain shrinks a bit to 16 percent.)

"Jeopardy!" is in the midst of its two-week Teachers Tournament, which wraps Friday. Holzhauer will try to continue his streak starting Monday.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...streak-1210525
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 AM   #17
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl

James Holzhauer has continued his Jeopardy winning streak today and now has won $80,000 on Monday's show and I don't think James shows no signs of stopping yet because he's like The Little Engine That Could and he could surpass Ken Jennings winning streak in Jeopardy history
Bestie
Old 05-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #18
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I agree, James is going to be the biggest winner in history! But this is my favorite Jeapordy character. Who is yours?
DTK
Attached Images

DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #19
loaferman
Forum Regular

Ken Jennings won by longevity and winning smaller amounts per day. I don't think he ever got a one-day total anywhere near what James has. I have to wonder now, having endured the Teacher's Tournament for 2 weeks while waiting for James to return, if old "regular" Jeopardy as we know it will seem a bit more boring now. It did fine when Ken lost but he wasn't racking up $80,000 to $100,000 days. Seeing someone win with like $12,000 or so is going to seem strange to go back to.
loaferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:39 AM   #20
Greenbeans
Frequent Poster

I think the entire game is going to change. Instead of starting at the bottom, players will start at the top and hope they hit the Daily Double to get themselves out of reach.
Greenbeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #21
AMackII

After 25 victories, James is now on verge of reaching 2 Million dollars richer
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #22
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I feel sorry for the other contestants. Last night a woman lawyer had a tough time.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #23
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Record-breaking Champion James Holzhauer Crosses $2 Million Total on "Jeopardy!"
by Tyler Aquilina
May 24, 2019

James Holzhauer keeps on rolling through "Jeopardy!" records, and he just passed another one. With his 27th win on the show on Friday, Holzhauer’s total winnings have surpassed $2 million — $2,065,535 to be exact.

Holzhauer, who has been racking up money much more quickly, is rapidly approaching K enJennings’ $2,520,700 total, the record for regular-season winnings. (Brad Rutter holds the record for all-time winnings, with tournaments included, at $4,688,440.)

Holzhauer’s winning streak has been a boom for "Jeopardy!", whose ratings recently hit a 14-year high. So far he has broken the single-game record for winnings twice, and earned more than $100,000 in a single game (which he is the only person to have done) five times.

The show wrapped shooting on the current season in April, so it’s possible his streak could extend into next season.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/24/jeopard...ses-2-million/
Old 05-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #24
TMC
Forum Celebrity

How James Holzhauer broke Jeopardy!

Cheddar has released a video explaining how Holzhauer's gambling instincts factor into his Jeopardy! domination. ALSO: Holzhauer surpasses $2 million in winnings.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:34 AM   #25
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jeopardy!" Champion James Holzhauer Extends Streak to 28 Wins, Closes In on Ken Jennings’ Record
by The Deadline Team
May 27, 2019

James Holzhauer landed his 28th straight "Jeopardy!" victory on Memorial Day, adding $130,222 to his prize winnings. That was just shy of the one-day record of $131,127 that he set on April 9.

The latest win brings professional Las Vegas gambler’s tally to $2,195,557, pulling in within $325,000 of the record haul of "Jeopardy!" all-time champion Ken Jennings, who amassed $2,520,700 during his dream run in 2004.

Holzhauer last week became only the second "Jeopardy!" contestant ever to cross the $2 million earnings mark. He is averaging more than $77,000 per show.

Jennings has been cheering Holzhauer on, most recently tweeting two days ago.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jeopard...rd-1202622979/
Old 05-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #26
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jeopardy!" Champ James Holzhauer Closes In on Record with 29th Victory
by Anita Bennett
May 28, 2019

"Jeopardy!" champion James Holzhauer continued his winning streak Tuesday night. The professional sports gambler clinched his 29th straight victory, adding another $59,381 to his earnings.

Holzhauer’s winnings now total $2,254,938, edging him closer to the all-time record Ken Jennings set in 2004, after taking home $2,520,700 over 74 shows, according to the show’s Hall of Fame.

In his first TV interview since Holzhauer started to near his record, Jennings told "Good Morning America" he finds the whole thing “astounding.

For 15 years I have thought somebody was going to make a run at this record because I always knew it could be done. I was there. I saw it happen,” Jennings said Tuesday morning. “What I did not expect was somebody could make a run at the cash record in like a third the time.

It’s really just astounding what he’s doing,” he added.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jeopard...ry-1202623403/
Old 05-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #27
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jeopardy!" Juggernaut Rolls On as James Holzhauer Takes 30th Straight Win
by Bruce Haring
May 29, 2019

James Holzhauer moved closer tonight toward the all-time record for total "Jeopardy!" winnings. The professional sports gambler scored his 30th victory in a row, bringing his earnings to $2,343,971.

That total is just $196,729 from the winnings of legend Ken Jennings, who had $2,520,700 earned during 2004 play. But Jennings still holds the consecutive games win streak mark of 74 games, with Holzhauer still 44 games behind that total.

Holzhauer’s impressive earnings include the $69,033 he won tonight, slightly less than his $80,000 average during the streak.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jeopard...ls-1202624026/
Old 05-31-2019, 10:40 AM   #28
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Jeopardy!" Win Streak Continues as James Holzhauer Takes 31st Straight Victory
by Bruce Haring
May 30, 2019

The amazing winning streak of "Jeopardy!" contestant James Holzhauer is still intact, as the professional sports gambler won his 31st straight game Thursday night.

The victory added $58,612 to Holzhauer’s total winnings, putting him less than $150,000 from the all-time earnings record of Ken Jennings, whose lifetime total in non-tournament play on the game show was $2,520,700.

Holzhauer now has $2,382,583 in total earnings.

Jennings and Holzhauer are the only two "Jeopardy!" contestants to earn $2 million or more in regular, non-tournament winnings.

Despite his impressive earnings, Holzhauer is still far behind Jennings in total wins. Holzhauer now has 31 victories, trailing Jennings’ 74 wins.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jeopard...es-1202624715/
Old 06-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #29
AMackII

I look at the preview video of Today's Episode of Jeopardy(in which James is defeated after 32 games) on Facebook this morning. the full episode is schedule air later today/early tonight.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #30
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMackII View Post
I look at the preview video of Today's Episode of Jeopardy(in which James is defeated after 32 games) on Facebook this morning. the full episode is schedule air later today/early tonight.
If if's true then thanks a lot for spoiling it for everybody.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote