://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/search.php?do=getdaily">View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The New Dick Van Dyke Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The New Dick Van Dyke Show Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The New Dick Van Dyke Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default [TV Party] The New Dick Van Dyke Show

http://www.tvparty.com/newvan.html

Quote:
An odd thing happened late in the second season of The New Dick Van Dyke Show. CBS censors rejected a scene in an episode that had Dick and Jenny's daughter walking in on them while they were having sex. All of this happened off camera, of course. The result was a funny and very human scenario, and producer Carl Reiner insisted the scene stay. When CBS refused to air the episode as it stood, Reiner quit, promising never to produce another television show again.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
This information is wrong, and I've seen it repeated elsewhere. That episode, titled "Lt. Preston of the 4th Cavalry," was produced for the THIRD season, not the second. Yes, Carl Reiner was angry that CBS refused to air the episode and said he would never work for the network again. But this was at the end of the third season when he made this decision, so he had been with the show the entire time it was on the air. Dick Van Dyke did not want to continue the show without Carl Reiner, so he also would not be returning for a fourth season. But it's doubtful the show would have continued for a fourth season anyway. Hope Lange announced months earlier that she was quitting the show at the end of the third season as her contract was up and she had been unhappy with her role on the show, so she definitely was not coming back. Also, the show's ratings were mediocre. CBS had wanted to cancel earlier on but they had a three-year commitment with Van Dyke that they had to fulfill. But now the three years were up and they were no longer compelled to renew.

Regardless of the lagging ratings, there are some good episodes and I wish this would be released on DVD.
Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM/8:00 PM Central on CBS
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

I read a comment on You Tube where some company-I forget who-said that they ARE planning to release it on DVD soon.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
Which he didn't keep because he produced Good Heavens for ABC in 1976.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Which he didn't keep because he produced Good Heavens for ABC in 1976.
and also stared in it.
treky is online now   Reply With Quote