://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/search.php?do=getdaily">View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The New Dick Van Dyke Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The New Dick Van Dyke Show Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The New Dick Van Dyke Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
NOVARick
Forum Regular

Default "The New Dick Van Dyke Show" Episodes Available Online!

If you would like to see this show, there are eight episodes available online to see for free. Just go to the following link and click on "download" for any of the episodes. After you have downloaded the episode, there is some software you may need to download in order to watch. And the other catch is that there are a couple brief commercial interruptions, but at least you can see the show! Right now I'm downloading an episode I remember watching, but thought maybe I had imagined, because it's about Dick's mother accidentally smoking pot, which I believe belonged to his son. It's hard to imagine a plot like that made it on the air in 1971.

http://video.aol.com/video-category/...dyke-show/2777
NOVARick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
mstewart
mstewart

Send a message via Yahoo to mstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVARick
If you would like to see this show, there are eight episodes available online to see for free. Just go to the following link and click on "download" for any of the episodes. After you have downloaded the episode, there is some software you may need to download in order to watch. And the other catch is that there are a couple brief commercial interruptions, but at least you can see the show! Right now I'm downloading an episode I remember watching, but thought maybe I had imagined, because it's about Dick's mother accidentally smoking pot, which I believe belonged to his son. It's hard to imagine a plot like that made it on the air in 1971.

Thanks and enjoyed watching a few episodes. The problem with TNDVDS was it was a duplicate of the original. The Arizona episodes cast was very good but the premise wasn't. The show in many was daring in the subject matter that was dealt with. It was the first show that dealt with a late in pregnancy when Jenny, Dick's wife, found out she was expecting when they had a teenage son and a preteen daughter. The show dealt with interracial dating when Dick's son brought home a black girl home for the holidays. That episode was funny and Mabel Albertson, who played Dick's mom, was a riot in it. If the premise was different other than show business the show had the potential of a classic not in the same vein as the original though.
mstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
NOVARick
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstewart
Thanks and enjoyed watching a few episodes. The problem with TNDVDS was it was a duplicate of the original. The Arizona episodes cast was very good but the premise wasn't. The show in many was daring in the subject matter that was dealt with. It was the first show that dealt with a late in pregnancy when Jenny, Dick's wife, found out she was expecting when they had a teenage son and a preteen daughter. The show dealt with interracial dating when Dick's son brought home a black girl home for the holidays. That episode was funny and Mabel Albertson, who played Dick's mom, was a riot in it. If the premise was different other than show business the show had the potential of a classic not in the same vein as the original though.
I agree that the premise was very similar to the original show, except in this case, Dick's character was the star of a TV show rather than just working behind the scenes as a writer. And yes, the material was very often quite daring, though it was always handled tastefully. My how TV had changed in the five years since the original series! I liked the approach of these adult topics on TNDVDS. It was so much unlike the Normal Lear sitcoms, which were so in your face. The way they handled touchy subjects actually reminds me of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," which also took on some sensitive topics, but did so in a very gentle, non-Normal Lear-like way.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

Thanks for the info
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
NOVARick
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmfox8@yahoo.com
Thanks for the info
Sure. I just noticed they have added two more episodes, so now there are 10.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
NOVARick
Forum Regular

Yaaaay!!! 4 new episodes have been added. They also took down two episodes that were there before -- "The Hickey" and "Guess Who's Coming to Seder?" -- so I guess you need to keep checking in so you don't miss any episodes.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
NOVARick
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yaaaay!!! 4 new episodes have been added. They also took down two episodes that were there before -- "The Hickey" and "Guess Who's Coming to Seder?" -- so I guess you need to keep checking in so you don't miss any episodes.
Correction: They did not take down those two episodes. What happened is that they started a second page (which I didn't notice before) and that's where those episodes are.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #8
mstewart
mstewart

Send a message via Yahoo to mstewart

The show was good in its own way. In many ways it was ahead of its time. First show to deal with a late in life pregnancy, interracial dating and pot smoking but it was done in gentle manner without getting in your face. The third season episodes with them moving to Hollywood and overhauling the cast did not work. Anytime the cast gets a major overhaul more than likely the show is on its last legs.
mstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
LittleRickyII

Quote:

What's going on????? They've replaced these episodes with episodes of the original Dick Van Dyke Show, which I can already see on DVD!
LittleRickyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
upperco
Forum Regular

It seems these episodes are long gone. Did anybody manage to grab them somehow when they were up and/or know which episodes were posted? I'm looking for two Season Three episodes, "The Back Break Kid" and the aforementioned "The Hickey." Any help would be greatly appreciated!
upperco is online now   Reply With Quote