Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

USA Network's Suits Gets Spin-Off?; TV Land's Younger Hits Series High...Again
EPIX Series Gets All-Star Cast Including Patrick Dempsey; Connie Britton Is a SMILF
NBC Summer Pilot Review: Marlon - Premieres Wednesday (August 16); Netflix Has the Best Worst Weekend Ever
Antenna TV Adds Prime Stacks for Rest of Summer; GLOW Gets Season 2 on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 14, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Still Being Considered; Reboots for King of the Hill and The Munsters?
Fri-Yay: Animated Sitcoms; School is Back in Session this Fall on TV Land's Teachers
Three's Company Stars Reunite for Antenna TV's '70s Rock & Romance Cruise; Kathy Bates Sitcom Premieres Aug. 25

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
07/04 - Superstore - Season Two
07/18 - Father Knows Best - Season Six
07/25 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season
07/25 - Girls - The Final (Sixth) Season (Blu-ray)
08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #31
'80sSitcoms
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000
YES, definitely! But the most dramatic moment, for me, was Mrs. Garrett, ripping the photo in half, and handing the shreds to the girls. Mrs. G almost never got that angry.

Well, you do have a point there! That sure was Mrs. Garrett at one of her angriest moments (perhaps the angriest? This merits investigation and analysis). But just as how that is the most dramatic for you, for me the most dramatic moment in season 1 was unquestionably Cindy Webster vs Sue Ann Weaver in Eastland's most uproarious instant MMA fight to date, lol.

Quote:
BRAVO!!!!!

Oh, that is most excellent.

There once were some school-girls from Eastland
Who lived in a suburb of Cleveland*
Then Molly and Cindy
Ticked off Kim Fields and Mindy
And then their roles wound up in Greenland!

* Poetic license. Peekskill's only 500 miles from Cleveland.

lol thanks, I bet those 4 would appreciate that one, haha. Yours is fun and inventive, I just hate to think of Kim and Mindy being that ruthless, haha.

Let's see, another one...

There was once a rude girl named Margo
And rudeness was her biggest cargo
She insulted Jo
But Blair said, "Heck, no!"
And pied her mean face back to Fargo*

*(poetic license again; we have no idea where Margo was from, lol)

Last edited by '80sSitcoms : 08-17-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #32
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms
Well, you do have a point there! That sure was Mrs. Garrett at one of her angriest moments (perhaps the angriest? This merits investigation and analysis). But just as how that is the most dramatic for you, for me the most dramatic moment in season 1 was unquestionably Cindy Webster vs Sue Ann Weaver in Eastland's most uproarious instant MMA fight to date, lol.

Well, good point about the MMA! I think that was both the first time and the last time fisticuffs appeared on the show.. at least, in terms of the girls actually hitting one another (not just threats).

Quote:
lol thanks, I bet those 4 would appreciate that one, haha. Yours is fun and inventive, I just hate to think of Kim and Mindy being that ruthless, haha.

Well, the only one saying anyone was that ruthless is Pamela Adlon, and she wasn't talking about Kim or Mindy. Only Molly felt Mindy was mean.

Quote:
Let's see, another one...

There was once a rude girl named Margo
And rudeness was her biggest cargo
She insulted Jo
But Blair said, "Heck, no!"
And pied her mean face back to Fargo*

*(poetic license again; we have no idea where Margo was from, lol)

Haha! And now I will forever think of Margo being from Fargo.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #33
'80sSitcoms
Forum Regular

Quote:
Well, the only one saying anyone was that ruthless is Pamela Adlon, and she wasn't talking about Kim or Mindy. Only Molly felt Mindy was mean.

True, but, we have to remember (for those unfamiliar with Molly's media appearance regarding this) that she was a "captive audience" (lol), and she was asked point blank who the meanest girl on set was, and she didn't expect that question. Plus, she was so nice about it! That's what I loved about her conclusion. She didn't want to be mean about it, and she was just being honest about "a feeling" she had at that time, as best as she could pinpoint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy
]Haha! And now I will forever think of Margo being from Fargo.

Glad we never had to put up with her again :-)

Speaking of that...

There once was a punk kid named Kelly
Who was about as likeable as old jelly
She threatened our Blair
Then Jo got in her hair
And she never again appeared in the deli

Old 08-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #34
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

Quote:
True, but, we have to remember (for those unfamiliar with Molly's media appearance regarding this) that she was a "captive audience" (lol), and she was asked point blank who the meanest girl on set was, and she didn't expect that question. Plus, she was so nice about it! That's what I loved about her conclusion. She didn't want to be mean about it, and she was just being honest about "a feeling" she had at that time, as best as she could pinpoint it.

Well, Molly could have said "No one. Everyone was great to work with." Instead, she singled out Mindy as a mean girl. I'm glad she holds no grudges, but I'm also glad she was honest. It gives us a better picture about the events going on behind the scenes.

We do also know there were rumors about reducing the cast prior to the second season, despite what Lisa has said in interviews. So maybe that's why Molly felt intimidated by Mindy's hand-picked-by-Charlotte status. After all, in the pilot, there was no Natalie. Then, suddenly, Mindy's in, Julie Anne's in, Jennifer's out, Jenny O'hara's out, and Felice's role was reduced to almost a background character. Soon, people were counting lines, according to John Lawler. Molly had to feel intimidated when it was clear the writers were focusing on Blair, Sue Ann, and Tootie... and now Tootie had a new best friend, someone hand-picked by Charlotte, the star of the show.

Quote:

There once was a punk kid named Kelly
Who was about as likeable as old jelly
She threatened our Blair
Then Jo got in her hair
And she never again appeared in the deli

Excellent!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #35
'80sSitcoms
Forum Regular

Quote:
Well, Molly could have said "No one. Everyone was great to work with." Instead, she singled out Mindy as a mean girl. I'm glad she holds no grudges, but I'm also glad she was honest. It gives us a better picture about the events going on behind the scenes.

She could have said that, but that would be lying. I still think she answered it in the best possible way. I can see she and Mindy having lunch and clearing things up and hugging and going their ways.

Quote:
We do also know there were rumors about reducing the cast prior to the second season, despite what Lisa has said in interviews. So maybe that's why Molly felt intimidated by Mindy's hand-picked-by-Charlotte status. After all, in the pilot, there was no Natalie. Then, suddenly, Mindy's in, Julie Anne's in, Jennifer's out, Jenny O'hara's out, and Felice's role was reduced to almost a background character. Soon, people were counting lines, according to John Lawler. Molly had to feel intimidated when it was clear the writers were focusing on Blair, Sue Ann, and Tootie... and now Tootie had a new best friend, someone hand-picked by Charlotte, the star of the show.

Don't forget Laura and her frog! (and people were not counting lines, according to Lisa; but I do not believe Lisa since she never had to worry about counting hers, lol).

I don't know about Molly feeling intimidated, though. If anyone felt intimidated, I would say it would have been Felice, big time, since her character was a lead in the backdoor pilot. Indeed, Felice has even said---with wide eyes---that she went to the producers panicking, "What happened to my character??". Poor Nancy/Felice...

I don't think Molly's confession of Mindy being the "mean girl" had anything to do with her being picked by Charlotte. It sounded like it was simply from her personality on the set, at least to her (it's been a long time since I saw the interview, but that's how I remember it). You could be right, I could be right, who knows, but we just have different speculation on it. And that's just a "fact of life".

Limerick time!

There once was a woman named Rose,
Who had a daughter via sex, I suppose
But the girl was a handful
And became hard to handle
So it's a good thing there weren't two Jos!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #36
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

Quote:
I don't know about Molly feeling intimidated, though.

But that's what Molly herself says in the interview! That she was "intimidated", and that "at the time" she thought that "Mindy Cohn wasn't very nice".

Quote:
If anyone felt intimidated, I would say it would have been Felice, big time, since her character was a lead in the backdoor pilot. Indeed, Felice has even said---with wide eyes---that she went to the producers panicking, "What happened to my character??". Poor Nancy/Felice...

It was probably much the same for Molly, saddled with the "feminist" character, which had few opportunities for scripts. How many Ham Radio and Feminist episodes could the show have, anyway? But then they bring in a new chubby girl who is comic relief, and who consistently gets lines every week, and is suddenly the new best friend of one of the main characters...

Quote:

Limerick time!

There once was a woman named Rose,
Who had a daughter via sex, I suppose
But the girl was a handful
And became hard to handle
So it's a good thing there weren't two Jos!

Two Jos would have destroyed Eastland! Even one almost did...
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #37
'80sSitcoms
Forum Regular

There once was a Dina named Becker
And Jo would have loved to go deck her
She was such a big snob,
Too good for a job,
But boys said she was a good necker*

*(creative license as we know nothing of Dina's affectionate prowess, lol)
Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #38
RetroGuy2000
Forum Regular

There was a young athlete named Terry
Whose devotion to running's quite scary
In her gym clothes she ran
Tripping over Sue Ann
And knocking down poor Cousin Geri*

*(creative license as we have no idea if Terry ever met Sue Ann or Geri)