Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD News and Discussion
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default TVshowsonDVD.com is a JOKE.

If you email them with a question about a certain show not being released on DVD the response you get is

"Not sure, I guess they feel a release wouldn't interest a lot of people"

HUH??? lol What kind of feedback is that? I thought they had some inside information on why certain shows were not being released.

Then I asked about another show not being released after having 6 seasons out already. The response I get is..........."probably low sales"

The stuff they are emailing is what we can guess on our own. That site is f*cking joke. I;m done with it
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
gidgetgrape

Vague responses like that drive me crazy, but I still think it's a good site. I only wrote once to inform them that a Canadian Show (Our Hero) had been released on DVD directly from the production company that created it. I never heard back and they didn't announce the show being available until about 6 months later.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Regulus

Location: Nova Catacumba Exhibition Facility on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon. Avatar - A Blivet/Poiuyt/Widget

I use them primarily to see what's being released in the future. Instead of asking them why isn't a TV Series being released look for that show on the "Trading Sites", or check out this board's "Trading Post"
Old 04-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
Vague responses like that drive me crazy, but I still think it's a good site. I only wrote once to inform them that a Canadian Show (Our Hero) had been released on DVD directly from the production company that created it. I never heard back and they didn't announce the show being available until about 6 months later.

I would have rather they not reply at all then to send me a response like I'm not sure-lol
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
applecherry
Forum Regular

I also use TV Shows site only to see future releases.....I'm still waiting for Knots Landing Season 3 release. Can't understand the hold up.

Last edited by applecherry : 05-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever
Forum Regular

Sounds to me like tvshowsondvd.com gives lazy responses when it comes to answering peoples questions.

I also only use that site to check for latest news on TV show DVD releases. I don't check that site nearly as often as I used to because most of the shows I want on DVD have been released already.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
Vahan

I find their "What's the Hold-Up" FAQ far more interesting than their generic responses.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Nyan
Frequent Poster
Be The Rainbow!

The print-on-demand services and disk distributors do a better job at announcements of titles than these guys do with covering them.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
I find their "What's the Hold-Up" FAQ far more interesting than their generic responses.

Yeah those were interesting but I was expecting more than a "one word" response since someone actually took the time to email them and ask about a show.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
Tubehead

nowtheydon'tshowrealse form older shows it mostly from newer shows. you usdedto vote for which show you like to see reasled latly they keep the keep the newer realese
Old 05-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
D-Dey
Win The War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
Okay, now I'm interested. Is it available outside of Canada?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
If you email them with a question about a certain show not being released on DVD the response you get is

"Not sure, I guess they feel a release wouldn't interest a lot of people"

HUH??? lol What kind of feedback is that? I thought they had some inside information on why certain shows were not being released.

Then I asked about another show not being released after having 6 seasons out already. The response I get is..........."probably low sales"

The stuff they are emailing is what we can guess on our own. That site is f*cking joke. I;m done with it

TVSODVD.com only has the information given to them by the company that would release the series in question. You need to contact the studio such as Warner, Sony, CBS, etc.

I've been checking out this website almost daily for years. They report on news related to tv series being released on dvd. They're not going to necessarily know why a certain show is stalled or not released!!! The website certainly does not suck!! However certain studios, ("a-hem" S--y) suck!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
TVSODVD.com only has the information given to them by the company that would release the series in question. You need to contact the studio such as Warner, Sony, CBS, etc.

I've been checking out this website almost daily for years. They report on news related to tv series being released on dvd. They're not going to necessarily know why a certain show is stalled or not released!!! The website certainly does not suck!! However certain studios, ("a-hem" S--y) suck!

Well why do they have in-depth answers for certain amount of shows but not others?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #14
gidgetgrape

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dey
Okay, now I'm interested. Is it available outside of Canada?

Oh sure, I'm in Texas and they shipped it to me. It's the entire series with liner notes, commentaries and a gag reel. It's one of my favorite sets. You can get it from : http://www.ourhero.tv/

I have no idea what customer service is like now, but I didn't have any problems when I ordered it.