Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
ABlairican Pie
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/
Forum Celebrity

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Cool The Return of the Rock and Roll History Thread!!! 2000's, Part 3!!!

And after a four year hiatus, your favorite rock and roll thread has finally returned!!! Thanks to everyone for patiently waiting, since we had a few technical problems, but we're back and we've got a lot of ground to cover!!!

We last left the 2000's in the middle of the decade, or more exactly a little over halfway, in 2007. And now, hopefully, with no more problems, we are going back to where we left off, which was at Ozzfest 2007!!!

Old 04-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Cool

Ozzfest sampler:

Not sure why the image is not showing.
Attached Images

Last edited by ABlairican Pie; 04-08-2018 at 05:00 PM.
ABlairican Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool

WOO-HOO!!! NOW WE HAVE LIFT-OFF!!! A PICTURE, FINALLY!!!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Ozzy Osbourne: "Black Rain"

That spring, Ozzy released his latest album, "Black Rain", which would be the final album to feature Zakk Wylde on guitar and drummer Mike Bordin.

While Ozzy had peaked in his popularity and his visibility as the heavy metal t.v. icon in recent years, his musical output had suffered considerably. "Black Rain" was a record which reflected this downward trend, not being one of the classics of his heyday. The album featured two covers, one with Ozzy in a murky downpour, and another with blackened hands of liquid which appeared to be either grape juice or diluted India ink.

The album's lyrics reflected themes of war and a societal downward spiral. It was no "War Pigs", however.

Not Going Away

Don't tell me I'm wrong
Don't tell me that you knew all along
I won't roll over dead
Only I know what goes on in my head

I've got nothing to hide
I'm not guilty inside
I won't give up
After all I'm still crazy

[Chorus:]
I'm not going away
I'm not going
Try so hard to break me
But all your diamonds turn to sand
I'm not going away
I'm not going
Say goodbye forever
I'll wait for you in no man's land

Get out of my way
There's nothing you can do to change what I say
I won't ever let go
I got the answer but you'll never know

I got my eyes open wide
Ain't gonna' slip up or slide
Can't take me down
After all I'm still crazy

[Chorus]

I'm not going away [x8]

[Chorus]

I'm not going away
I'm not going away
I'm not going away
I'm not going
Say goodbye forever
I'll wait for you in no man's land
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
Wawwie

^^^ Nice try, but true rock & roll died in the early nineties. There is a lot of '90s music that I like, but really, I do not care for much music after the '90s.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Oh No Ozzy Osbourne

Here is a photo of both Ozzy and Sharon at their press conference announcing their ill-fated decision to make Ozzfest 2007 a "Free-fest", which would adversely impact bands needing money to operate across the country on this tour.

Which meant business as unusual for Ozzy and Sharon. Could this be a sign of desperation for the famed rock and roll couple?

I Don't Wanna Stop

I don't know what they're talking about
I'm making my own decision
This thing that I found ain't gonna bring me down
I'm like a junkie without an addiction

Mama don't cry I just wanna stay high
I like playing with danger and fear
Everybody's walkin' but nobody's talkin'
It looks a lot better from here

All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing
All I know is I don't wanna stop
All fired up, I'm gonna go till I drop
You're either in or in the way
Don't make me, I don't wanna stop

Why don't they ever listen to me?
Is this the one way conversation?
Nothing they say is gonna set me free
Don't need no mental masturbation

Too many religions for only one god
I don't need another saviour
Don't try to change my mind
You know I'm one of a kind
Ain't gonna change my bad behaviour

[Chorus x2]

I donít wanna stop
Are you ever going to stop?
I donít wanna stop, I donít wanna stop
I donít wanna stop, I donít wanna stop
Are you ever going to stop?
I donít wanna stop

[Chorus x2]
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Nodsmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
^^^ Nice try, but true rock & roll died in the early nineties. There is a lot of '90s music that I like, but really, I do not care for much music after the '90s.
You've got a point there!

I'm actually resuming an ongoing thread I "temporarily" postponed four years ago while in the year 2007.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Ozzy Osbourne

The title track "Black Rain" reflected the carnage and drudgery of the war in Iraq continuing without end.

Black Rain

The black rain is falling
Contaminating the ground
The human race is dying
The dead are scattered around

What is the price of a bullet?
Another hole in the head
A flag draped over a coffin
Another soldier is dead

How many victims have fallen?
How many more have to die?
People dying in masses
Angel of death standing by

We've got our marching orders
Defenders of our home and our pride
We've crossed too many borders
Military suicide

War killing sons and daughters
Another failed attack
There is no turning back
Blood running down like water
You'll think you got away
Until the judgement day comes

Politicians confuse me
I watch the body count rise
Why are the children all marching into the desert to die?
The human psyche is twisted
The madness rising again
Another empire falling
I watch them dying in vain
We've got our marching orders
Defenders of our home and our pride
We've crossed too many borders
Military suicide

War sends our sons to slaughter
Another failed attack
There is no turning back
Until the judgement day comes
Are you ready?
Black rain, black rain
Black rain, black rain

War killing sons and daughters
Another failed attack
There is no turning back
Until the judgement day
Until your judgement day comes
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Ozzfest "Free-fest" 2007.

So now Ozzy was at a crossroads of his career. He had succeeded in becoming the most visible rock figure due to his show and reputation as the oldest living metal hellion, of sorts. The travelling festival which bore his name had featured some of the biggest names in metal for the past several years. The exposure had increased the popularity of many bands while others, well, they had their fifteen minutes of fame in the summer sun. And now Ozzfest itself was itself in financial straits. It promoted itself as a "free" event because it could barely pay for its roadshow, and presented itself as doing a "favor" for fans by promoting itself through Monster Energy Drink codes to get in with no overcharged ticket prices and fees. But many bands who depended on Ozzfest to pay their way to travel the country could not do it for free, so many dropped off the bill. Things were tight for Ozzfest. What would they do next summer?

The answer to that would surprise everyone.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #10
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Cavalera Conspiracy: Sepultura brothers reunite

Also in 2007, the two brothers in Sepultura who left each other on bad terms some time before, Max and Igor Cavalera, reunited to form a new band, Cavalera Conspiracy. Old differences were put aside going back over ten years over management disputes which fractured Sepultura, and the new musical partnership was about to name itself Inflikted, which they found they were not legally permitted to do.

The feud between Max and the other members of the band began a decade before at the death of Max's stepson, who was 21, in a car accident. This tragedy escalated into a battle between Max's wife and band manager, Gloria, and the rest of the band who said they wished to replace her and other members of the band's business entourage, claiming "financial impropriety". Gloria vehemently denied this, saying she earned not even a dime from the band, only working with them out of a passion for the music. This contention compelled Max to exit the band, which was, in his words, the hardest decision of his life. But once he had left, he formed Soulfly and found new success.

In 2006, Igor called Max on the phone about a memorial show for his deceased son on the tenth anniversary of his death, and from there the brothers' relationship had been rekindled. Igor had already left Sepultura, and both siblings talked about song ideas and creative collaborations. They talked about what they saw while on tour in Indonesia of a bizarre self-punishment torture ritual conducted by the local populace there, involving knives, blood, and other disturbing objects. This became the idea for "Inflikted", the name of the album and song which would be released in the following year.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #11
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Unhappy Niovember 25, 2007: Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot dies.

Around the Thanksgiving weekend, rock and roll faced another tragic loss when Kevin Dubrow, the "Mouth" behind Quiet Riot, was found dead at his home in Las Vegas. The cause of death was an accidental overdose of cocaine, which was ironic as he said earlier that he wanted to clean up his life. He was only 52.

He had been missing for over a week. His friend bassist Glenn Hughes had invited him to a party where he pulled a no-show, and other friends became concerned when he failed to show up for holiday events. Apparently he fell victim to the "I'll-clean-up-my-act-after-one-last-hit" mentality. Famous last words.

Not surprisingly, his professional career was marked by personal foibles and bad decisions which nearly derailed his rising band in the 1980's. While Quiet Riot were riding the wave of success as L.A.'s metal band to hit #1 on the charts with "Metal Health" in 1983, his subsequent belligerent nature soured fans on the band when Dubrow felt "threatened" by other Hollywood bands who followed in their wake. His "outspoken" comments quickly sank the band's popularity.

"The Mouth" is seen here with blonde hair, which was quite different from his brunette looks in the 1980's:
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Unhappy RIP Kevin Dubrow.

Kevin Dubrow was born in 1955 and raised in a Jewish family who lived in the Van Nuys district of Los Angeles. He grew up with a fondness for British bands such as Small Faces, Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie, and Rod Stewart. Using the name of Humble Pie's lead singer, he would make "emergency" prank phone calls to his friends and others using the name Steve Marriott in order to tell them outrageous things.

In 1975, he and his friend bassist Kelly Garni formed Quiet Riot, which included the very talented Randy Rhoads on guitar. The band, caught up in the glam hysteria going on in the hard rock scene then, played the look to the hilt, shocking many locals at dances and other events.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Kevin Dubrow with early Quiet Riot

A live photo from around 1977:
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #14
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

In 1977, Quiet Riot, which was named after a phonetic slur by a member of British band Status Quo, Rick Parfitt, who pronounced "quite right" in a strange accent that sounded like the words that would form the band's name.

During that time, Kevin Dubrow and bassist Kelly Garni were constantly at odds, fostering a mutual dislike for each other. Garni was always trying to oust Dubrow, while at the same time, Randy Rhoads tried to remain quiet and neutral.

The band eventually got signed with Sony Records in 1977, and their first two albums were only released in Japan that year and in 1978. Garni finally left the band and was replaced by bassist Rudy Sarzo.

In 1979, at the urging of future Slaughter bassist Dana Strum, Rhoads was recommended to audition for Ozzy Osbourne's band now that the legendary Black Sabbath singer was free to form a new musical project. Once Rhoads was immediately hired by Ozzy during a very brief audition, the move had ended Quiet Riot. Interestingly, many Quiet Riot songs became tracks renamed by Ozzy on his new album, with updated lyrics. Thinking these tunes would never see the light of day, Randy Rhoads brought his ideas from Quiet Riot for Ozzy to re-use. "Suicide Solution" on the 'Blizzard Of Ozz' album (which was going to be the name of Ozzy's new band) was a reworking of the early Quiet Riot song, "Force Of Habit".

In 1980, Kevin Dubrow formed his own self-named band, Dubrow, which did not last.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #15
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

In 1982, Dubrow, drummer Frankie Banali, and bassist Chuck Wright contacted Rudy Sarzo, who was in Ozzy's band with Randy, if they could get permission to legally use the name Quiet Riot once more. Both Randy and Rudy consented to this. Tragically, during that tour with Ozzy, Rhoads died in plane crash. Sarzo left Ozzy's band a few months later, devastated and unable to cope with the loss and death of his friend. Dubrow contacted Sarzo and asked if he wished to contribute bass to a track written in Rhoads' memory called "Thunderbird". Sarzo agreed to it, and when the band came together to rehearse and record it, they found that they enjoyed each other's company and everything clicked. They asked Rhoads' mother if they could reunite as Quiet Riot though her son would not be physically a part of it. She gave the band her blessing. Randy would certainly be with it in spirit.

Thunderbird

Hello you
yes it's me
You can't come back
Your flyin' free
You think you found
Everything that you need
Fly away, fly away
To your new home
Across the seas
Oh leave your nest
Oh baby leave the best thing