Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
Cavs fans should be lucky that Lebron came back because if he hadn't, the Cavs would've been terrible for a long time and probably would've never won a championship hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. If Lebron was to leave again, I wouldn't be mad. Just because he's from Ohio doesn't mean he has to stay in Cleveland forever.

Doesn't matter he will leave Cleveland again
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're probably right. He's the type that he has to go to another team and join some stars so he can get championships hahahahahahahahahahaha. He doesn't think he can get championships with good role players like the Bulls and Spurs had when they won championships. I can't believe Scottie Pippen said he thinks Lebron is better than Michael Jordan hahahahahahahahahahaha. What a joke. Lebron will never be better than Michael. I remember Stephen Smith said on ESPN's First Take that Scottie should be banned from going to Bulls games because of that retarded comment LOL.
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #18
simmytbone

Default Golden State overcomes LeBron James' 44 points, takes Game 1 of the NBA Finals

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...040026483.html

Hey guys,

Warriors hold off LeBron, Cavs in OT in Game 1

LeBron James drops 44 points on Golden State, but Cleveland falls apart in overtime. Kyrie Irving limps off court

Here's the story:

Golden State overcomes LeBron James' 44 points, takes Game 1 of the NBA Finals
By Kelly Dwyer | June 4, 2015
Ball Don't Lie

It was a regulation classic, and an overtime bummer.

The Golden State Warriors dominated the Cleveland Cavaliers in the extra frame during Game 1 of the NBA Finals, taking the contest by a 108-100 mark after Cleveland completely fell apart in the final five minutes. NBA MVP Stephen Curry led the Warriors with 26 points, as the Cavs watched helplessly as point guard Kyrie Irving limped badly to the locker room in overtime with what appears to be the latest in a string of injuries to the All-Star.

Irving had been brilliant throughout the game, keeping the Warriors on edge with crafty drives and expert passing, and his block of Stephen Curry late in regulation in what appeared to be an easy and wide open layup helped secure Cleveland’s chance at an extra frame. LeBron James, working mostly in Michael Jordan-styled isolation plays in the post, added a personal career Finals-high with 44 points, but it wasn’t enough as Golden State pulled away in what was previously a close and contested affair.

James missed his first three shots in overtime as the Warriors got back to whipping the ball around offensively, as a miss and turnover by Irving prior to his departure led to easier scores for Golden State as they flew back to the other end of the court. By the time James got around to having to carry the offensive load sans Irving, his team was playing catch-up as he missed two desperation three-pointers. In the end, the Cavaliers missed their first nine shots in overtime, with three turnovers to boot, before James hit a meaningless lay-up to give the game its final score.

In a way, the game played almost to script.

Golden State has struggled to start both series’ and contests at home in the first quarter, and while the team didn’t look especially rattled as the Finals neophytes took to the stage, they did appear off. The Warriors missed both good looks and bad shots, somehow managing to both overpass and still finish the first quarter with the lowest assist mark of any quarter in their season’s previous 388 quarters – two dimes.

As the W’s wasted opportunities, the Cavaliers’ road confidence grew. Cleveland has lost on the road just once in the playoffs in six opportunities, on a lucky banked-in three by Chicago’s Derrick Rose in the Eastern semifinals, and LeBron James’ teammates seemed to revel in the chance to play spoiler, with all the pressure off.

Irving was brilliant, using footwork and smarts to overcome both left knee tendinitis and a sprained right foot on his way toward 23 points, six assists, seven rebounds and just one turnover in the face of the NBA’s best defense. Meanwhile, he and James were finding helpers like Timofey Mozgov (16 points and seven rebounds) with extra passes as the Warriors loaded up on Cleveland’s screen and roll and isolation-heavy attack.

Cleveland, whose defense ranked amongst the realm of the mediocre in the regular season prior to a massive uptick in the playoffs, also surprised by tossing out a few minor full court presses, and overplaying and jumping passing lanes. This forced the Warriors into either turning the rock over, or hesitating and/or declining to make the passes that have been typical of Golden State’s knockout offense all season. Meanwhile, Mozgov and Tristan Thompson (15 rebounds, with six coming on the offensive glass) were quick to both offensive boards and other loose balls. After eight days off, the Cavs just looked like the fresher team.

Of course, the Warriors received seven days off of their own in between the Western Conference finals and the NBA Finals, they just needed to overcome the uncertainty and jitters. What was a 14-point Cleveland advantage fell apart as the second quarter moved along, as the W’s took a lead on a Curry three-pointer with 3:39 left in the first half. Curry ended up either scoring or assisting on 18 of Golden State’s final 20 points in the second, as Cleveland took a slim 51-48 lead into the locker room.

From there, things were matched just about evenly. Golden State relied on its embarrassment of riches (including center Marreese Speights, playing for the first time in a month due to a calf injury, scoring eight points off the pine) to share the ball and keep up appearances. Supersub Andre Iguodala (15 points on 6-8 shooting) led a fourth quarter charge that saw him hit a three-pointer with just one shoe while making expert passes and giving his all against James defensively.

There was only so much Iguodala, or any other Warrior, could do however.

James gained confidence early in the game by nailing both a 20-footer and three-pointer, turning the tide after entering the Finals with a lowly 17.6 three-point percentage in the postseason. He routinely backed down any number of defenders in the post on his way toward those 44 points, on 18-38 shooting, notching six assists and eight defensive rebounds along the way.

This post will be updated.

credit: sports.yahoo.com

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
simmytbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #19
simmytbone

Default Josh Reddick provides the best reason for why Jordan is better than LeBron

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...024709081.html

Josh Reddick provides the best reason for why Jordan is better than LeBron
By Chris Cwik | 1 hour ago
Big League Stew

The Oakland Athletics will be pulling for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. That shouldn't come as a surprise. Both teams are from the same state, and athletes who place in the same town typically support each other.

A's outfielder Josh Reddick is among the players who will be pulling for the Warriors. That means, obviously, that he'll be rooting against LeBron James.

Reddick told John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle why he believes James can be defeated, and even managed to settle an age old debate in the process.

“It’s a good story,” right fielder Josh Reddick said. “Nothing would please Warrior fans and the Bay Area more than to see the Warriors take down LeBron (James). Dethrone him. As good a player as Lebron is, he’s not unbeatable. He’s not Michael (Jordan). When’s the last time LeBron saved the earth from an alien race?”
Fans of “Space Jam” can rejoice.
That's some pretty solid logic. Everyone remembers Jordan's famous half-court game-winning dunk to defeat the Monstars 78-77.

With the human race in the balance, Jordan delivered one of the best games in his career. According to the Harvard Sports Analysis Collective, Jordan went a perfect 22-22 from the field. He scored 44 points, 24 of which came on dunks.

Even Skip Bayless knows LeBron isn't clutch enough to put up those types of numbers against super-powered aliens.

[Check out Big League Stew on Tumblr for even more baseball awesomeness.]

At the same time, we all know Jordan resorted to some questionable tactics in order to win the game. Not only did he bend the space-time continuum on his final dunk, something not possible in the non-cartoon world, but he also shared his "secret stuff" with the team.

That might have been acceptable back in 1996, but it's a different game now.

Either way, we're pretty sure LeBron has never saved the world from aliens, and that automatically elevates Jordan to the top in our minds. We'll agree to reopen the discussion after LeBron stars in "Space Jam 2: Electric Boogaloo."

credit: sports.yahoo.com
Old 06-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #20
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: I'm just a slightly overweight boy from Cleveland Ohio!
Oh No

Cleveland is gonna lose it all...face it, Cleveland you're cursed!

There's NEVER Next Year!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cleveland is definitely gonna lose now since Kyrie Irving is out for the rest of the season. He's gonna be out for 3-4 months because of a knee injury. I feel bad for him because he's a good player and I know he wants to play since this is his first time going to the finals. Hopefully Cleveland can go back to the finals next season if Kyrie and Kevin stay healthy. The thing that's so sad about basketball and football is that it's so hard for players to stay healthy because guys play so rough against each other.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #22
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cleveland is definitely gonna lose now since Kyrie Irving is out for the rest of the season. He's gonna be out for 3-4 months because of a knee injury. I feel bad for him because he's a good player and I know he wants to play since this is his first time going to the finals. Hopefully Cleveland can go back to the finals next season if Kyrie and Kevin stay healthy. The thing that's so sad about basketball and football is that it's so hard for players to stay healthy because guys play so rough against each other.
I like him better than derrick rose
Old 06-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #23
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Cleveland is gonna lose it all...face it, Cleveland you're cursed!

There's NEVER Next Year!

Well maybe not! IDK! But after losing the first game the other night I was thinking the same thing, that I bet the Warriors will take it! But who knows? It's just the first game!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #24
simmytbone

Default Andrew Bogut says Dellavedova isn't dirty, but he's a gritty a-hole

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-gritty-a-hole

Andrew Bogut says Dellavedova isn't dirty, but he's a gritty a-hole
By James Herbert | NBA writer
June 5, 2015 3:58 pm ET

This is a special NBA Finals if you're Australian, with Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut and Cleveland Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova representing the country. Bogut revealed recently that he once tried to get the Warriors to sign Dellavedova, and on Friday he weighed in on the is-Delly-dirty debate.

"I don't think he's a dirty player," Bogut said, via Bleacher Report's Ethan Skolnick. "I think he's a gritty a**hole of a player."

Does this remind anybody else of the Kobe Bryant-Rajon Rondo breakfast summit? I can assure you that, like Rondo, Bogut used the word in as complimentary a way as possible. Dellavedova is tough, competitive and irritating. A player as physical and tricky as Bogut would respect that regardless of where they're from.

credit: cbssports.com
Old 06-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #25
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

All I can say is...if Dellavedova doen't pull his weight in this game alongside with LeBron...then it'll be 51 years of futility for Cleveland!
Old 06-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #26
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
All I can say is...if Dellavedova doen't pull his weight in this game alongside with LeBron...then it'll be 51 years of futility for Cleveland!

If Dellavedova gets hurt I would laugh
Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #27
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
If Dellavedova gets hurt I would laugh
If so...then I'll say...Cleveland's ****ed! Then I'll launch my webpage www.curseofwahoo.com!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #28
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Cleveland won yesterday which surprised me. I chose Golden State to win but now I'm gonna go with Cleveland since I'm from Cleveland. The reason I had picked Golden State because I don't like the Cavs bench and I figured that it would come down to the benches because the starting fives for both teams are evenly matched. Matthew Dellavedova did a very good job on defending Stephen Curry yesterday and that's why Stephen was 5-23 shooting from the field hahahahahahahahaha. He only made 2 three pointers and I think he was 2-15 from three point range. Stephen usually doesn't shoot that bad but what impressed me about Matthew was his defense on him and Cleveland didn't double team Stephen. ESPN's Stephen Smith said today that Stephen won't have a bad shooting game like that again in this series and he thinks he could score a lot of points on Matthew. He didn't wanna give credit to Matthew for playing good defense on him. He was making excuses as to why Stephen had a bad game LOL. What pisses me off sometimes about Golden State is that Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry will just shoot threes or shoot a 2 pointer before setting up a play and waiting for somebody to get under the basket in case they miss so they can get the rebound. They aren't gonna win championships playing like that. Klay had a very good game yesterday because he had 34 points. I think Stephen only had 19 points.

Lebron played good and he had a triple double. He had 38 points, 16 rebounds and 11 assists. JR Smith was decent and he had 13 points before fouling out in the 4th quarter. He made some dumb fouls in the 4th LOL. Timothy Mosgov played good and he had 17 points and 11 rebounds. He missed several free throws and if he had made most of them, the Cavs would've won in the 4th quarter. Tristan Thompson did good rebounding because he had 11 I think but he only had 3 points. His offense sucks LOL. That's why the Cavs need Kevin Love because Kevin can score a lot of points because he has a good jumpshot. Tristan has no jumpshot LOL. He only gets his points close to the basket like getting a dunk. Iman Shumpert did nothing on offense. He shot several bricks LOL. He finally made a three pointer in overtime. Now that the Cavs are back in Cleveland for games 3 and 4, I think the Cavs are gonna win their home games. They can't allow the Warriors to win one there because the Cavs need to win at home and then go back to Oakland to try and win one to get the championship. If the Cavs get the championship, that would be impressive considering they're playing without Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #29
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Game Three...Moment Of Truth...

If Cleveland wins tonight, they could win it all...If Golden State Wins...
Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #30
simmytbone

Default League says referees missed four calls in overtime during Game 2 of NBA Finals

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

League says referees missed four calls in overtime during Game 2 of NBA Finals
Brett Pollakoff Jun 9, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT

The Cavaliers won Game 2 of the NBA Finals in overtime, and did so despite the fact that referees missed two calls in the extra session that cost Cleveland to lose two possessions.

Draymond Green was essentially caught cheating after the fact on two separate jump ball plays that were labeled as incorrect no-calls on the league’s Last Two Minute report — the first came on overtime’s opening tip against Tristan Thompson, while the second came with 45.4 seconds remaining on a jump ball against LeBron James.

LeBron ended up catching the ball after the toss from the official, which isn’t allowed so the Warriors gained possession. But you could see him flip out while trying to explain that Green had grabbed him, or had held him by the shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78Gb8Bwznc

The league says officials missed two other calls, both of which came on a single possession where Andre Iguodala was defending James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRF0OyqzAOg

Iguodala hacked James across the arm with 1:37 to play, but not before James traveled by moving his pivot foot. The violations were ignored at the time, and both were ruled as incorrect no-calls after the league completed its review process.

credit: probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com