Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

NBC changes due to cancelation of Free Agents:

Wednesday, October 12-26, 2011
8:30pm Whitney (R)

Friday, October 14-21, 2011
8:00pm The Office (R)
8:30pm Parks and Recreation (R)

Effective Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011
8:30pm Up All Night (R)

Full day-by-day: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...55&postcount=2
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #32
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

My husband and I have been enjoying, Prime Suspect. Maria Bello is fantastic. With that said, I'm sure I'll read it it's been cancelled within the next week.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #33
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
My husband and I have been enjoying, Prime Suspect. Maria Bello is fantastic. With that said, I'm sure I'll read it it's been cancelled within the next week.
i really like it too
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:09 AM   #34
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Thursday 10/20 is going to be all repeats it seems.
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

NBC day-by-day schedule updated, with holiday specials added:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...55&postcount=2
Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #36
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

From October 24-27 NBC will air Prime Suspect at 10PM every night. The Parenthood and SVU repeats scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday that week have been pulled. I got this information from someone who works at an NBC station.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #37
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Fear Factor will air Mondays from 8-10pm from Dec. 12 to Jan. 30 for eight straight weeks.

Full day-by-day http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...55&postcount=2
Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #38
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

NBC mid-season (yet more odd changes):

NBC UNVEILS NEW MID-SEASON 2012 SCHEDULE

Lineup Features Premieres of Four New Series in "Smash," "The Firm," "Fashion Star" and "Are You There, Chelsea?"

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - November 14, 2011 - NBC today announced its new mid-season 2012 schedule which features the premieres of four new series in "Smash" (February 6), "The Firm" (two-hour premiere January 8, time slot premiere January 12), "Fashion Star" (March 13) and "Are You There, Chelsea?" (January 11). The new lineup also includes the return of "The Voice," "30 Rock," "The Celebrity Apprentice" and "Who Do You Think You Are?"

In addition, there are day and time period changes for "Whitney," "Up All Night," "Rock Center with Brian Williams" and "Harry's Law."

Following are night-by-night details:

Mondays: Last spring's hit vocal competition series "The Voice" returns even louder with an hour-long season debut following Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday, February 5 (10-11 p.m. ET, time approximate) and then resumes in its regular day and time on Monday, February 6 (8-10 p.m. ET). Following "The Voice" is the much-anticipated musical drama "Smash" which premieres Monday, February 6 (10-11 p.m. ET).

Tuesdays: "Fashion Star" - the new reality competition series hosted and executive-produced by Elle Macpherson - will premiere with a two-hour episode on Tuesday, March 13 (9-11 p.m. ET) and resume on Tuesday, March 20 (10-11 p.m. ET). "The Biggest Loser" will open a new edition on Tuesday, January 3 (8-10 p.m. ET) followed by "Parenthood" (10-11 p.m. ET) which continues through its season finale on February 28.

Wednesdays: The freshman comedy "Whitney" (8-8:30 p.m. ET) moves into a new day and time beginning January 11 followed by the series debut of the new comedy "Are You There, Chelsea?" (8:30-9 p.m. ET) on January 11. "Rock Center with Brian Williams" (9-10 p.m. ET) also joins the Wednesday lineup starting February 8. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" remains at 10-11 p.m. (ET).

Thursdays: The new drama "The Firm" moves into the Thursday lineup (10-11 p.m. ET) beginning January 12 following its two-hour premiere the previous Sunday (January 8) from 9-11 p.m. ET. The first-season comedy "Up All Night" will also move to Thursday nights at 9:30 p.m. (ET) on January 12 which is also the night that multiple Emmy Award-winning "30 Rock" returns for its season debut (8-8:30 p.m. ET). "Parks and Recreation" (8:30-9 p.m. ET) and the Emmy-winning "The Office" (9-9:30 p.m. ET) remain in the same time periods.

Fridays: The returning series "Who Do You Think You Are?" makes its season debut on February 3 (8-9 p.m. ET). "Chuck" will have its two-hour series finale on January 27th (8-10 p.m. ET). "Grimm" (9-10 p.m. ET) and "Dateline NBC" (10-11 p.m. ET) remain in the respective time periods.

Sundays: "The Celebrity Apprentice" returns on Sunday, February 12 (9-11 p.m. ET). "Dateline NBC" begins on Sundays (7-9 p.m. ET), on January 8. "Harry's Law" moves to the 8-9 p.m. (ET) time period on March 4 and "Dateline NBC" will return to 7-8 p.m. (ET) on March 4.

The premieres of the new January-March program schedule follow in a grid (all times ET); new series are capitalized.

MONDAYS
8-10 p.m. -- "The Voice" (season premiere Sunday, February 5; series resumes February 6)
10-11 p.m. - "SMASH" (beginning February 6)

TUESDAYS
8-10 p.m. -- "The Biggest Loser" (beginning January 3)
10-11 p.m. - "Parenthood" (through February 28)
10-11 p.m. - "FASHION STAR" (beginning Tuesday, March 13, 9-11 p.m. ET with two-hour premiere; one-hour broadcasts resume March 20)

WEDNESDAYS
8-8:30 p.m. - "Whitney" (beginning January 11)
8:30-9 p.m. - "ARE YOU THERE, CHELSEA?" (beginning January 11)
9-10 p.m. - "Rock Center with Brian Williams" (beginning February 8)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

THURSDAYS
8-8:30 p.m. - "30 Rock" (beginning January 12)
8:30-9 p.m. - "Parks and Recreation"
9-9:30 p.m. - "The Office"
9:30-10 p.m. - "Up All Night" (beginning January 12)
10-11 p.m. - "THE FIRM" (two-hour premiere Sunday January 8; Thursday time period premiere January 12)

FRIDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Who Do You Think You Are?" (beginning February 3)
9-10 p.m. - "Grimm"
10-11 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"

SATURDAYS
8-9 p.m. - "Harry's Law" (encore broadcasts)
9-10 -- "THE FIRM" (encore broadcasts)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcasts)

SUNDAYS
7-9 p.m. - "Dateline NBC" (beginning January 8)
8-9 p.m. - "Harry's Law" (beginning March 4)
9-11 p.m. - "The Celebrity Apprentice" (beginning February 12)
Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
yankeesrj12

What are the "odd" changes?
yankeesrj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #40
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I don't know, it just doesn't feel like anything will pop. They replace Harry's Law on Wednesdays with a show that does even worse in 18-49? Whitney leading off will make Community look like a big hit. And Harry's Law into Celeb Apprentice is just odd. Besides Mondays, not sure if NBC has anything to look forward to ratings wise from Jan-Mar. Only positive move is probably Up All Night after The Office, but that show is weakening.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #41
karan1950
Occasional Poster

yeah its a suitable information
karan1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #42
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
I don't know, it just doesn't feel like anything will pop. They replace Harry's Law on Wednesdays with a show that does even worse in 18-49? Whitney leading off will make Community look like a big hit. And Harry's Law into Celeb Apprentice is just odd. Besides Mondays, not sure if NBC has anything to look forward to ratings wise from Jan-Mar. Only positive move is probably Up All Night after The Office, but that show is weakening.
I think its a strong schedule for what they had to work with. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #43
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

It could have been better. And no Rome wasn't built in a day, but NBC has been in the same state for nearly 7 years.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #44
benjamoon
Bewitched

NBC made slight improvements (particularly on Mon & Thurs) but they needed to be bolder with the state they're in.

Tuesdays is their biggest miss right now. Fashion Star will go nowhere. I think they should shrink The Biggest Loser to an hour, add a second night/results night of The Voice at 9pm and have new drama Awake at 10pm.

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, and Friends
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #45
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
It could have been better. And no Rome wasn't built in a day, but NBC has been in the same state for nearly 7 years.
It could have been better, but I think you could say that about any networks schedules.

Monday will be a vast improvement with the addition of The Voice, while Smash should be a "smash" hit. I'm guessing the night will easily average a 3.0 demo, which would be miles better than it is now.

Tuesday should do the 2.2 demo its been doing (until late February, when Parenthood ends). Everyone is writing Fashion Star off already, but I think the addition of Jessica Simpson and Nicole Richie will bring in some eyeballs.

Wednesday should do okay, and a bit better than it is now. Whitney will most likely average a 1.7 demo, with Chelsea averaging a 2.0 demo. Rock Center hasn't had a good lead in yet (1.4 demo lead in sucks) so it should be able to rebound to a 1.4 demo, maybe even higher. SVU should pull a 2.0 demo all Spring, so again, improvement on the night.

Thursday will be much stronger with Community out of the anchor timeslot, and 30 Rock bringing its 2.0 demo. With that, Parks & Rec will increase, as will The Office. I fully expect Up All Night to go up a 2.5 demo, which will also be an improvement from Whitney. The Firm has to do better than Prime Suspect, because let's be honest, how much worse could it get?

Friday and Saturday are the same old same.

Sunday will be weaker, obviously, with the removal of football. However, Harry's Law will be able to bring a bunch of viewers to the night, while Celebrity Apprentice can pull a 2.6 demo all season.