Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

General Dramas Questions and Discussion / Current Dramas/Dramedies Boards / Classic Dramas/Comedies Boards / Current Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries / Classic Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Dramas Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Vanessa Bayer Set to Co-Create and Star in Showtime Comedy; Orange is the New Black Sequel in Discussions
Fri-Yay: When Is It Time to Stop Looking at Live Ratings?; NBC Sets and Shifts January 2019 Lineup
COZI TV's Unexpected Guests Thanksgiving Marathon; ABC Tuesday Comedies Get Full Seasons
TBS Pairs Shaq and Ken Jeong for Comedy Pilot; FXX Schedules Final Season of You're the Worst

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
simmytbone

Default USA Network or TNT? Which Do You Like Better?

Hey guys, here's a question for all of you:

Now, there are 2 Networks that are the top Rated Networks on Cable Television:

USA Network and TNT-Turner Network Television

USA has been on the air for 35 years

The Network debut in 1977 as MSG-The Madison Square Garden Network, but in 1980, it became known as USA Network

Back in the 80's, USA was known for showing Classic & Original Game Shows as well as The Original American Gladiators, Cartoons as part of the USA Cartoon Express and even Classic Shows like Miami Vice, Murder She Wrote and even The New Alfred Hitchcock Presents

They also showed reruns of Classic 80's sitcoms like Webster, The Facts of Life, Perfect Strangers, Gimme a Break!, My Two Dads and even the NBC 90's Classic Wings and also, Teen Sitcoms like Saved by the Bell: The New Class and USA High a series from the Producer of Saved by the Bell, California Dreams and City Guys

and now, USA is known for showing Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, NCIS, MONK, Psych, House, M.D. and of course, WWE RAW

TNT on the other hand has been on the air for over 20 years debuting in 1988 and it has been known for showing lots of Classic Movies from MGM and other Big Time Movie Studios

TNT has also been known for showing Classic TV Programs from MGM Series like Medical Center, Daktari, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, "CHiPs", Logan's Run: The Series, Flipper, Maya, How the West Was Won and of course, the cult favorite The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

They also aired Classic Cartoons and Kids Programs such as The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Bugs Bunny & Pals, The Popeye Hour, The Pink Panther, Hanna-Barbera Cartoons from The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Space Ghost, Birdman, Snorks, Yogi Bear and of course Jonny Quest and Scooby-Doo

Other Classic Shows like Dallas, Knots Landing, Kung Fu, Charlie's Angels, Starsky & Hutch, The Wild Wild West and In the Heat of the Night

TNT has also showed Sunday Night NFL, the NBA on TNT and WCW Monday Nitro

and they even showed TNT Saturday Nitro

Today, TNT is now known for The Network For Drama such as ER, Angel, Charmed and Law & Order and of course the NBA on TNT w/Ernie Johnson, Kenny "The Jet" Smith, Shaquille O'Neal and Sir Charles Barkley

and next year, TNT will be celebrating its 25th Anniversary

and so, I would like to know:

Which Network do you like better back then and which one do you like now?

USA Network or TNT?

Please Debate on this.

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP

Last edited by simmytbone; 11-06-2013 at 02:23 AM.
simmytbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

I think they were both better back when they started. They had more variety of shows. The only thing I watch on either anymore are their original shows. On USA I like Royal Pains, White Collar, Suits and Covert Affairs and on TNT I like The Closer and “Rizzoli and Isles” I haven't watched the new Dallas yet but I'm going to.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
loaferman
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I think they were both better back when they started. They had more variety of shows.
I agree. Now both stations show one program more than anything else. NCIS on USA and I think maybe Law & Order on TNT. There are too many stations that are always showing the same program every time you turn it on. I still prefer USA. They even showed "the Edge of Night" after ABC cancelled it.
“It was ‘Will and Grace,’ it was the social media. Literally. That’s what changed peoples’ attitudes. That’s why I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace” gay marriage, Biden said.

“Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense."
-Vice President Joe Biden May 2013
loaferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

both channels have gone considerably downhill, even in the last couple of years -

USA - I watch Psych (which they haven't shown in a year), Royal Pains, White Collar, and Covert Affairs, kind of getting bored with Burn Notice, and was sad to see In Plain Sight cancelled

TNT - I watch Rizzoli and Isles and Perception, which are both excellent, I used to watch Leverage, but can't stand it anymore - way too repetitive.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
both channels have gone considerably downhill, even in the last couple of years -

USA - I watch Psych (which they haven't shown in a year), Royal Pains, White Collar, and Covert Affairs, kind of getting bored with Burn Notice, and was sad to see In Plain Sight cancelled

TNT - I watch Rizzoli and Isles and Perception, which are both excellent, I used to watch Leverage, but can't stand it anymore - way too repetitive.
I think In Plain Sight was USA's best show. It's too bad it ended so soon. I don't think USA really supported it all that much.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I think In Plain Sight was USA's best show. It's too bad it ended so soon. I don't think USA really supported it all that much.
i think they were just using it as filler until some of their other new shows were ready (all of which seem to be the same boring cookie-cutter concept repeated over and over again) - it be nice if they took a break from those type of shows and tried to do something actually different.

- also they both repeat the same shows way too often and make themselves basically unwatchable for anything more than a couple hours per week.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #7
AMackII

Both channels were better back in the day when they had more variety on their respective schedules.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:32 AM   #8
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

miss old 90s usa network
Old 10-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #9
jimpickens
Forum Regular

TNT was good until Time/ Warner took over and USA before NBC got its mits on it was great.
jimpickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #10
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

I liked USA more than TNT...USA had Cartoon Express and Game Shows, but don't get me wrong...TNT had good cartoons and sometimes classic MGM shows.

Now...both are corporate!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
jimpickens
Forum Regular

Just like 95% of cable.
jimpickens is offline   Reply With Quote