Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Leave it to Beaver Online / Leave it to Beaver links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Leave it to Beaver Photo Gallery

Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set)

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set with Cleaver Family Photo Album) on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Three

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Three on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Four

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Four on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Five

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Five on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Six

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Six on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Leave it to Beaver

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #61
stevea

I agree with Rusty. He treated his family like dirt, except Violet.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #62
omg65
Forum Regular

Here is a recent ? picture of Rusty on the facebook page. Hopefully this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
omg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #63
omg65
Forum Regular

Rusty on the Penny character played by Karen Sue Trent:

A "Tidbit" From Our Friend Rusty, As Follows,,, "The character, Penny, played by Karen Sue Trent has been on the show lately. The first episode she appeared on (I don't remember the title, but me and beaver were supposed to go to a dance) and she shows up on a horse. Well, in future episodes she mentions riding and horse shows, etc. As it turned out, Karen really was into riding. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if they cast her because of her riding horses. Her mother and my mother became kind of friendly and I went to her house and went riding with her. I can't remember if she stabled the horse at her house or a nearby stable but I had a really neat time. Looking back at her on the show, she was really cute. I bet she turned into a beautiful woman. Jeri Weil (Judy) was cool but I think Karen Sue Trent was the cutest girl (not counting one or two of Wally's knockout girlfriends) on the show. Anyway, that's all I got for now."��
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #64
stevea

Rusty's right she was cute, as were a couple of Beaver's girlfriends in the last season. There was one girl of Beaver's, I think her real name was Chrystie Jordan (I might have the last name wrong) but she played different roles in two season 6 episodes, and she was really a cute little girl. In one episode she played a newspaper delivery person (in Rich Correll's final episode) that Beaver got in a fight with. In another episode she played a different girl Beaver fell for, and he got her an expensive locket (that he won at a carnival). Her father disapproved of the gift and mailed it back.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #65
MichaelMartinD
Frequent Poster

I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time believing that picture is Rusty Stevens.
MichaelMartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #66
stevea

This whole this has got to be Rusty. I was convinced when he relayed the trivia re singing You Always Hurt the One You Love while waiting for an answer on the phone.

As the line goes in the movies, this guy knows too much--to not be Rusty Stevens.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #67
Samme
Forum Regular

I'd just simply like to see some ID. Many times we're all asked to show our driver's license and it's no big deal for us to do it. Here, there's just too many times where someone has pretended to be someone else. It happened with The Little Rascals and it happens a lot on the internet. So, show some proof.

And almost all of those quotes still sound to me like someone who watched the show and not someone who worked on it. They're phrased the way a fan would say it. Hell, Larry even faked his own secret club on the show. Couldn't trust that kid. Maybe this is a tribute to that...
Samme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #68
stevea

Good points. Most actors in shows don't know a lot about their shows. A lot of the time they don't even seem to watch it. Example would be Marlo Thomas' commentary on That Girl. She didn't seem to know anything. And Jerry Mathers' book. Half the time he got it wrong, too.

Hard to know. One good argument I have for believing it: Who'd go to the trouble and take all this time to be a fake Rusty Stevens, of all people?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #69
omg65
Forum Regular

Rusty on the monkey episode:

A Little "Monkey Business" From Our Friend Rusty, As Follows,,,"I just caught up on some episodes I hadn't watched for awhile. I had a real mishap in the episode "Beaver's Monkey". Even though I was only in one small scene, I was there every day because by then I was under contract. At any rate, there were three or four of us standing around. I forgot who was holding the monkey but all the sudden he jumped on me and started pulling my hair mercilessly. It felt like he was going to pull the hair right out of my head. It nearly brought me to tears. At first nobody could get him off of me but eventually (I think it was his trainer) that got him away. The theory was my hair color somehow excited him and he wanted it. To this day, I just don't trust monkeys".��
Old 06-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #70
stevea

He must be watching--that episode was just on MeTV this morning. His run is just about over.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #71
Scrabjan1

If it really is Rusty telling these memories they’re pretty funny. I can imagine Stanley grabbing onto someone’s hair with an iron “monkey fist.” The story he told about meeting up with a woman who turned out to be Sue Randall and neither of them recognizing each other is totally believable. How Rusty couldn’t believe that was Miss Landers. After just 10 years he should have been able to recognize her. I can see how Sue Randall couldn’t recognize Rusty. Kids change completely in 10 years.
Scrabjan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #72
stevea

If this was titles, we could have, "Stanley Shows Andy a REAL Monkey Fist"