Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

My Three Sons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / My Three Sons Photo Gallery

My Three Sons - The First Season - Volume One

Buy My Three Sons - The First Season - Volume One on DVD
My Three Sons - The First Season - Volume Two

Buy My Three Sons - The First Season - Volume Two on DVD
My Three Sons - The Second Season - Volume One

Buy My Three Sons - The Second Season - Volume One on DVD
My Three Sons - The Second Season - Volume Two

Buy My Three Sons - The Second Season - Volume Two on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > My Three Sons
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Rezny@gmail.com

Icon15 Are BOTH houses---

The small,.white house used in the ABC/CBS Bryant Park episodes AND the house used in the CBS California-based episodes still standing,and if so,what OTHER TV shows have they been used in?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

I don't know about the first one, but the second one-from the CBS years-I think was also used in "THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY" and it's no longer standing, because in the movie "LETHAL WEAPON" they needed a house to blow up in one scene, and they, unfortunetaly, chose that one.

from CHEERS-
Coach: "Norm, how come you & Vera never had any kids?"
Norm: "I can't, Coach."
Coach: "I'm sorry"
Norm: "I look at Vera and I just...can't."
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
biffbronson

For the Bryant Park house, note that most exterior shots show steps coming up from the crosswalk to the front walk. However, at times vehicles arrive and there are no such steps to be seen -- the walk goes flat all the way to the curb...!

The Bryant Park house makes its final appearance in Season 10 in a one-shot situation, when Rob travels back east and shows Katie his old hometown.

The second house in CA was a roofer's dream, or nightmare depending on how you look at it. Though it was a 2-story home, the roof extended down, with dormers providing windows to the second story. There was a LOT of roof on that house -- expensive to re-roof. One thing to watch for is that while indoor scenes show a wall to the left of the front entrance, exterior shots indicate a room existed over there -- which fans have speculated would have no access (if the interior were as shown).

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Geoff
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
I don't know about the first one, but the second one-from the CBS years-I think was also used in "THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY" and it's no longer standing, because in the movie "LETHAL WEAPON" they needed a house to blow up in one scene, and they, unfortunetaly, chose that one.

Just to correct some of your assumptions:

The orginal Bryant Park house stilll exists and is in the Wilshire district of Los Angeles. The studio copied the exterior on a soundstage and the difference is noticeable in close up shots where the length of the front yard is much shorter. Today the real life property has a white picket fence around it.

The facade used for "The Partridge Family" still exists on the former Columbia Ranch in Burbank (now named the Warner Ranch) and sits on the small street along with the houses from "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Bewitched" among others. The house was not blown up in the Lethal Weapon series, it was the "Gidget" house you were thinking of. Additionally, the "Bewitched" house was once blown up on an episode of "Home Improvement" but was then rebuilt.

The M3S house in California was a facade on the backlot of the CBS Studio Center which was formerly known as the Republic Pictures Studios. It was built around 1940 for an Audie Murphy movie and was originally a huge barn with gambrel roof. In the 1950s it was modified to appear as a house and used thereafter. It was bulldozed in 1992 to make way for employee parking at the studio.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
lucyandethel
Forum Regular

If you are talking about the My Three Sons house, the front is still on the CBS Studio Center lot in Studio City, CA. However, that was the house used when the series was filmed there from 1966 - 1972. I don't know what house was used from 1960 - 66.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #6
biffbronson

The front exterior of the California house appears in at least one episode of Get Smart. It's a Season 3 ep of that series, "The Reluctant Redhead," originally airing April 6, 1968.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

That's right. the second house was on the Republic Pictures Studio lot at 4024 Radford Ave. in Los Angeles. If you Google republic pictures studio you can read the history that yes the building was originally built as a barn for the Audie Murphy movies. Then the house facade was added. The studio hosted many tv shows like early Leave It To Beaver, Get Smart and My Three Sons. CBS did buy the lot in 1967 according to the google article.