Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Leave it to Beaver Online / Leave it to Beaver links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Leave it to Beaver Photo Gallery

Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set)

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set with Cleaver Family Photo Album) on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Three

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Three on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Four

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Four on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Five

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Five on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Six

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Six on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Leave it to Beaver
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

Default Close Encounter of the Haskell Kind

Eddie Haskell was strolling down Grant Avenue in what he hoped was a non-chalant fashion. Most people figured that he was up to something even when he wasn't, but, today, they would have been right. Creepy thing is, thought Eddie to himself, I don't WANT to do it! He knew he would, though. He would wind up watching himself doing it like it was what he most wanted to do in the world; all the while vainly screaming to himself on the inside to stop. Eddie no longer had a will of his own.
A few hours before he had been out at Friend's Lake with his father, supposedly to learn how to be a better fisherman, but had been such a smart-aleck that Mr. Haskell had sent him to get more bait. As Eddie poked sadly along, he heard a strange noise growing louder and louder. What he saw when he looked up made his mouth fall open. A flying saucer, pulsing with a soft purple light was landing directly in front of him. He stood, rooted to the spot in fear, as the door slid open and a tall, incredibly thin alien emerged. The alien approached Eddie, giving him a disdainful look.
"What manner of creature are you?," it asked. Eddie wasn't quite sure how to answer and it must have shown because the alien repeated, "What are you?!"
"a man"
"a man?"
"well, almost a man, I guess. I'm human, anyway."
The alien seemed to think about this for a minute and then it suddenly looked Eddie right in the eye.
"What do you want?," it said. The questions were obviously becoming harder.
"Wha--?," Eddie began, but nothing more came out.
"Oh Gradnik!," it exclaimed, "I hate dealing with these inferior species! WHAT-DO-YOU-WANT? You can have ANYTHING you want."
The last part made Eddie snap to attention.
"I can have anything I want?! Really?"
"When we, um, explore planets, it is our custom to grant a favor to the first one of the inhabitants that we encounter."
Eddie's fear was beginning to thaw; he had an angle now.
"Look here, Sam, you're telling me that I can have anything I want? anything in whole world, huh?"
"Yes. Anything."
"Can you make me a real big shot...maybe the most important guy in the whole world?"
The alien motioned to another and a bottle was produced.
"Drink from this, human creature, and your wish will be fulfilled."
Eddie took the bottle and, smiling, took a large swallow. He felt a sensation of warmth run through his body and then...well...nothing. He started to speak, but the alien cut him off.
"It is done. Now the test----touch your nose." Eddie watched his hand rise up and touch his nose like it had a life of its own.
"Tell me you are grateful that I control you now." Eddie felt his fear returning and turning to terror. He tried desperately to say that he didn't like this, to plead to be let go, but it came out a very relaxed and sincere-sounding, "I am so grateful that you control me now."
"Good," said the alien. "Now, return to the other human creature, but take this with you." The alien held out a large purple capsule. "When you return to your city, you will introduce this to their supply of water and they will become like you."
Eddie felt a wave of dread and horror overtake him, but all he said was "I am honored you have chosen me for this task." He even smiled.

And so here he was, strolling down Grant Avenue, heading for the water tower, wishing someone would kill him before he made it there. Along the way, he tried to throw himself in front of cars, tried to smash store windows, tried anything. Of course, he just kept strolling, his face showing not a care in the world. June Cleaver saw him from accross the street as he passed the hardware store and thought "Well, for once, Eddie looks like he's behaving himself."

Eddie arrived at the tower and, without hesitation, began to climb the metal ladder. He was thankful when a man from the Water Dept. tried to stop him, but that quickly evaporated as he saw himself hit the man with a large rock, killing him. After he dropped the capsule in, Eddie wanted nothing more than to jump from the top of the tower, but, of course, he returned to the alien for further instructions.

The next day Eddie found himself adored by all the citizens of Mayfield. They thanked him repeatedly and profusely for leading them to a new and better way of life. He knew that on the inside they were burning with hatred toward him for what he had done to them, but he was a famous hero, a big shot. His wish had come true.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Bonsai
Forum Regular
Gilligan Ambassador

hmmmm...sounds more like an episode of The Outer Limits to me...
Old 02-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
TomShaw
Occasional Poster

Awesome man..........
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

Surprisingly, I got a couple of requests to repost the above story. I was just playing around with a really weird idea and never thought it was anything, but here it is again.....with sincere apologies to Mosher and Connoly...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Bonsai
Forum Regular
Gilligan Ambassador

A friend recently gave me a very funny book called "The Beaver Papers: The Story of the Lost Season" by Will Jacobs and Gerard Jones. It has several bizarre mock scripts in the styles of famous authors like Jack Kerouac, John Steinbeck, Samuel Beckett, Tennessee Williams, Ingmar Bergman, Feodor Dostoevsky, Franz Kafka, etc. and it made me think of MadScientist's odd story------MS, have you read this book??

Anyway, I definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

It's hysterical.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Oshi Renu
Occasional Poster

Hi Everybody! I was doing a Google search on the Munsters and found Sitcoms Online. What a great idea to have forums like this! I love so many old TV shows it's going to be hard to decide where to post next.

Bonsai: I read the book you're talking about back in 1983. An artist I knew at the time left it out on a table in his studio and I wound up borrowing it for nearly a week. I second your recommendation. It's a hoot!

Anybody know a good place to get a copy?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

Bonsai....yes, I've read it

Oshi Renu...I got my copy on EBay so you might try there
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
Oshi Renu
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the advice, MadScientist. My copy of The Beaver Papers arrived today and I've spent most of the morning reading and laughing. I think your story "Close Encounter of the Haskell Kind" would have fit in well with the stories in the book.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
Eddie Haskell
Forum Regular

I approve this story.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

Well....who could ask for more than to have Eddie Haskell approve the story! My niece asked me to find it for her.....so here it is again!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

I just got in the mood today to share "Close Encounters of the Haskell Kind" with any new folks out there. It's not great.....but it would make a really interesting episode.....
Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
MadScientist
Frequent Poster

It's been over 2 years since I last refreshed this thread, so there are probably quite a few people who have never read it. Hope you enjoy the story...
Old 11-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I got a rock.

Cool

You've captured the character of Eddie Haskell very well! Your story is kind of like Leave it to Beaver meets the Twilight Zone! Very creative and a fun read!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #14
Bonsai
Forum Regular
Gilligan Ambassador

I always thought Mad Scientist did a great job making the characters believable. Even June rings true with that comment about Eddie "behaving himself for once" LOL.

Haven't seen Mad Scientist post anything in a while. You still out there, MS?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
Bonsai
Forum Regular
Gilligan Ambassador

Well, no response from Mad Scientist in all this time. Maybe he's no longer on the board?