Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

WLNY's The Odd Couple Marathon on New Year's; ABC Orders More Episodes of Most Comedies
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
king of comedy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
best
#1 the honey mooners
#2 I love Lucy
#3 Sanford & son
#4 the jerffson’s
#5 family ties
#6 the wonder years
#7 boy meets world
#8 saved by the bell
#9 family matters
#10 home inmprovment

runners up
#11 perfect strangers
#12 night court
#!13 step by step
#14 Quantum leap
#15 early edition

worst
#1 the cobsy show
#2 mash
#3 green acres
#4 all in the family
#5 the nanny
#6 friends
#7 Seinfeld
#8 every one loves Raymond
#9 blossom
#10 2 & an half man

runners up:
#11 how I met your mother
#12 the office
#13 bewitched
#14 the brandy bunch
#15 star trek
Star Trek was not a sitcom
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #32
Regulus
Member
Senior Member
 
Regulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07, 2011
Location: Port Orange, Florida Avatar - Poiuyt
Posts: 3,339
TV

Best:

Get Smart (My all time favorite sitcom!)
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
The Addam's Family
The Munsters
Gilligan's Island
The Brady Bunch
Family Affair
The Courtship of Eddie's Father
F-Troop



Runner Ups:

The Flying Nun (I have Season Three! (Thanks Y2K3Joker! ))
That Girl
Nanny and the Professor -|
Julia ------------------- | (These three need official releases! )
The Ghost and Mrs Muir - |

Worst:

Too many to mention (I don't (and won't ever) own them on DVD!)
__________________
Grail Shows: Doc Elliot, Owen Marshall-Counselor of Law, Here's Boomer, Three for the Road, Holmes and YoYo

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:18 AM   #33
KentB3
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2003
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
best
#1 the honey mooners
#2 I love Lucy
#3 Sanford & son
#4 the jerffson’s
#5 family ties
#6 the wonder years
#7 boy meets world
#8 saved by the bell
#9 family matters
#10 home inmprovment

runners up
#11 perfect strangers
#12 night court
#!13 step by step
#14 Quantum leap
#15 early edition

worst
#1 the cobsy show
#2 mash
#3 green acres
#4 all in the family
#5 the nanny
#6 friends
#7 Seinfeld
#8 every one loves Raymond
#9 blossom
#10 2 & an half man

runners up:
#11 how I met your mother
#12 the office
#13 bewitched
#14 the brandy bunch
#15 star trek
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of comedy
Star Trek was not a sitcom
Neither are Quantum Leap and Early Edition
KentB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #34
KentB3
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2003
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
Best:
1.) I Love Lucy
2.) All in the Family
3.) The Andy Griffith Show
4.) The Dick Van Dyke Show
5.) The Mary Tyler Moore Show
6.) The Cosby Show
7.) M*A*S*H
8.) Cheers
9.) Home Improvement
10.) The Big Bang Theory

Runners-Up:
11.) The Honeymooners
12.) The Bob Newhart Show
13.) Happy Days
14.) The Golden Girls
15.) Who's the Boss?


Worst:
1.) Anything But Love
2.) Green Acres
3.) The Ropers
4.) Three's a Crowd
5.) Marblehead Manor
6.) Bob
7.) Clueless
8.) Bless this House
9.) 2 Broke Girls
10.) Cavemen

Your picks?
An explanation in case some of you aren't familiar with Three's a Crowd. This was a follow-up show to Three's Company, with only John Ritter retained from the original show's cast. Also, Bob was a show-lived sitcom starring Bob Newhart that premiered in 1992 and was cancelled halfway through its second season.
KentB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #35
KentB3
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2003
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
Best:
1.) I Love Lucy
2.) All in the Family
3.) The Andy Griffith Show
4.) The Dick Van Dyke Show
5.) The Mary Tyler Moore Show
6.) The Cosby Show
7.) M*A*S*H
8.) Cheers
9.) Home Improvement
10.) The Big Bang Theory

Runners-Up:
11.) The Honeymooners
12.) The Bob Newhart Show
13.) Happy Days
14.) The Golden Girls
15.) Who's the Boss?


Worst:
1.) Anything But Love
2.) Green Acres
3.) The Ropers
4.) Three's a Crowd
5.) Marblehead Manor
6.) Bob
7.) Clueless
8.) Bless this House
9.) 2 Broke Girls
10.) Cavemen

Your picks?
An explanation in case some of you aren't familiar with Three's a Crowd. This was a follow-up show to Three's Company, with only John Ritter retained from the original show's cast. Also, Bob was a show-lived sitcom starring Bob Newhart that premiered in 1992 and was cancelled halfway through its second season.
KentB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #36
um
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 821
Default

Good topic. I will have to think about my own list. It will be very hard because I mainly stopped watching TV in the early 1980s. Also there are some shows that I liked to watch though I considered them to be overall dumb stuff.
Also no matter how much I liked a TV show, I often thought that a lot of individual scenes or entire episodes were really cringe worthy for their poor dialogue or unoriginal humor or for being overdone in some way or other.
Likewise, there were TV shows that I did not particularly like but I thought certain scenes or entire episodes were well carried out and made the particular episode interesting.

I tend to defy the logic that "you either hate it or love it" which certain people would say about certain sitcoms.
I essentially dislike certain ones without exactly hating them and I like certain ones without exactly loving them.
um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #37
king of comedy
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,953
Default

Now my worst list
1. Cheers
2. The Cosby Show
3. Gilligans' Island
4. MASH
5. My Wife and Kids
6. Home Improvement
7. The Nanny
8. Seinfeld
9. Martin
10. Green Acres
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #38
Tubehead
Member
Senior Member
 
Tubehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: chattanooga.tn
Posts: 4,526
Default

sorry i couldn't think of any other sitcoms!!

worst my top pick would be
#1 the andy griffith show
#2 the cosby show
#3 all in the family
#4mash
#5Gilligans' Island
#6designing women
#7 grounded for life
#8 will & grace
#9 rose ann
#10 full house

others
#1the office
#2parks & recreation
#3how i met your mother
#4two & an half man
#5my wife & kids
#6 friends
#7tyler perry's house of pain
#8 sabrina the teeange witch
#9the nanny
#10 leave it to beaver
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #39
KentB3
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2003
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
sorry i couldn't think of any other sitcoms!!

worst my top pick would be
#1 the andy griffith show
#2 the cosby show
#3 all in the family
#4mash
#5Gilligans' Island
#6designing women
#7 grounded for life
#8 will & grace
#9 rose ann
#10 full house

others
#1the office
#2parks & recreation
#3how i met your mother
#4two & an half man
#5my wife & kids
#6 friends
#7tyler perry's house of pain
#8 sabrina the teeange witch
#9the nanny
#10 leave it to beaver
Andy Griffith Show as one of the WORST?! I hope I didn't misunderstand you, but it looks like you listed this show that way. When I originally did this poll in college, The Andy Griffith Show got the most votes for "Best". For "Worst", the most votes went to Green Acres.
KentB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #40
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 30,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
An explanation in case some of you aren't familiar with Three's a Crowd. This was a follow-up show to Three's Company, with only John Ritter retained from the original show's cast.
I have no doubt that most everyone here is very familiar with Three's a Crowd.
Zoneboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:27 AM   #41
Dale Key
Member
Forum Regular
 
Dale Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2005
Location: Washington state
Posts: 393
Default

Best

1. Cheers
2. Seinfeld
3. All in the Family
4. I Love Lucy
5. MASH
6. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
7. The Dick Van Dyke Show
8. Roseanne
9. The Larry Sanders Show
10. Friends

Worst

1. The Munsters Today
2. The Millers
3. Life with Lucy
4. Webster
5. Mike and Molly
6. 2 Broke Girls
7. The New Adventures of Old Christine
8. Boy Meets World
9. Charles in Charge
10. Til Death
__________________
Please release complete series of these already hi-def mastered shows on blu-ray: Seinfeld, I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Cheers, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond thank you!


Niles: God is forgiving, Miss Fine. When I was a boy, I once took five shillings out of the collection plate at church for toffee.
Fran: And nothing happened to you, right?
Niles: That's right, absolutely nothing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash other peoples' underwear.
Dale Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #42
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 11,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
Andy Griffith Show as one of the WORST?! I hope I didn't misunderstand you, but it looks like you listed this show that way. When I originally did this poll in college, The Andy Griffith Show got the most votes for "Best". For "Worst", the most votes went to Green Acres.
He has mentioned not liking Andy Griffith before, so I think that is correct. And I would say there are a ton of sitcoms that are worse than Green Acres.
__________________
My Top 100 TV Shows http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=375480
My Top 100 Movies http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=377155
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #43
PhoenixAcres
Member
Senior Member
 
PhoenixAcres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 4,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
Andy Griffith Show as one of the WORST?! I hope I didn't misunderstand you, but it looks like you listed this show that way. When I originally did this poll in college, The Andy Griffith Show got the most votes for "Best". For "Worst", the most votes went to Green Acres.
I might say I'm equally furious that my favorite show of all time came in dead last in your college poll. Truthfully though, it doesn't bother me because everyone's opinions are their own. Despite what the majority considers good or bad, there will always be people with varying viewpoints, and that's alright.

Someone's personal opinion and enjoyment of a show shouldn't have to depend on what others think of it.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #44
KentB3
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 12, 2003
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAcres
I might say I'm equally furious that my favorite show of all time came in dead last in your college poll. Truthfully though, it doesn't bother me because everyone's opinions are their own. Despite what the majority considers good or bad, there will always be people with varying viewpoints, and that's alright.

Someone's personal opinion and enjoyment of a show shouldn't have to depend on what others think of it.
This wasn't even my decision, this came for a poll of perhaps HUNDREDS of people I surveyed in 1995. Sorry about that!
KentB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #45
PhoenixAcres
Member
Senior Member
 
PhoenixAcres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 4,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentB3
This wasn't even my decision, this came for a poll of perhaps HUNDREDS of people I surveyed in 1995. Sorry about that!
No, I understand. I wasn't actually upset. My point was that these polls are interesting but more than anything else they show us that opinions come in every possible arrangement.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.