Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show
NBC Midseason 2015 Schedule with One Big Happy, Undateable, etc; FX Orders Donald Glover Pilot
Week 12 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Must See TV on NBC Officially Dead; Enlisted and Back in the Game on MOD DVD
New Zendaya Disney Sitcom Launches in January; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 15, 2014)
ABC Schedules Fresh Off the Boat for February Premiere; Remembering Mary Ann Mobley and Ken Weatherwax

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #16
Yooch

Worst: 1974 Fiat 124 sedan: An unmitigated piece of @#$%. I hope the company's making better cars these days.

Best: Any Toyota we've ever owned. As trouble-free an existence as their could be. (I have a '07 Corolla with 107,000 miles on it and still going strong).

BMW 128i coupe 2011. Have had it about a year, not a single problem yet and hope it stays that way.
"The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper...In all these things and many more, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me."
--Audie Leon Murphy
June 20, 1924--
May 28, 1971

Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
Steve M.
Forum Veteran
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooch
Worst: 1974 Fiat 124 sedan: An unmitigated piece of @#$%. I hope the company's making better cars these days.

From all indications, they are, and now that Fiat's back in America, we'll find out soon enough if that's true. Renault has supposedly improved its quality since they quit the States in 1987, but they'll never come back . . . because Americans hate the French. Besides, Renault owns Nissan anyway.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Yooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
From all indications, they are, and now that Fiat's back in America, we'll find out soon enough if that's true. Renault has supposedly improved its quality since they quit the States in 1987, but they'll never come back . . . because Americans hate the French. Besides, Renault owns Nissan anyway.

Yes, I'd heard about Fiat being better than they were, which is why I mentioned that. I hope so. The thing was, the car had good ergonomics and handled great. The only problem was, the workmanship and material they used was way substandard, to the paint job, door handles falling off, the window mechanism which looked like a contraption from a Rube Goldberg cartoon. But how it handled! It had a four-speed floor stick shift and it was fun to drive. Here's to Fiat getting better!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

worst - '91 Chevy Lumina, I've never had good luck with GM's

best - I've owned 3 Toyotas all of which were great, one was an older Corolla that I swear I never spent any money on other than doing the brakes once (never even changed the oil at all for over 3 years) and it lived for over 250,000 miles pretty much problem free.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Steve M.
Forum Veteran
Holding the compass

Quote:
Yes, I'd heard about Fiat being better than they were, which is why I mentioned that. I hope so. The thing was, the car had good ergonomics and handled great. The only problem was, the workmanship and material they used was way substandard, to the paint job, door handles falling off, the window mechanism which looked like a contraption from a Rube Goldberg cartoon. But how it handled! It had a four-speed floor stick shift and it was fun to drive. Here's to Fiat getting better!!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
You've been lucky with cars, I see.
Not really lucky; I just buy cars with a good reliability record ('60s Mopars and '60s/'70s Cadillacs.

A real marriage: "We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

A phony marriage: "I now pronounce you whatever and whatever."

My Blog: http://www.weatherpro.tumblr.com
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
Yooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Not really lucky; I just buy cars with a good reliability record ('60s Mopars and '60s/'70s Cadillacs.

Speaking of Mopars, my dad had a '66 Plymouth Fury II (I mentioned it in a thread a few years ago), but it was called a 'Silver Special' which was a Fury II with a few extras. The car was phenomenally designed, very comfortable and had a 318 V-8 (not your biggest V-8) but the thing was a powerhouse--pulled a trailer back and forth across the country--mountains of Colorado and California desert in the summer. At the time it was our only family car; I took my first Driver's Test with it, and once in a while my parents let me use it on a weekend night. I loved that car. You know how roomy that car was, Tony!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
The Flying Dutchmans

I had a 1995 Mitsubishi that I bought with low miles back in Y2K but only after 1500 miles the tranny went out on it. I think that was my worst car
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Speaking of Mopars, my dad had a '66 Plymouth Fury II (I mentioned it in a thread a few years ago), but it was called a 'Silver Special' which was a Fury II with a few extras. The car was phenomenally designed, very comfortable and had a 318 V-8 (not your biggest V-8) but the thing was a powerhouse--pulled a trailer back and forth across the country--mountains of Colorado and California desert in the summer. At the time it was our only family car; I took my first Driver's Test with it, and once in a while my parents let me use it on a weekend night. I loved that car. You know how roomy that car was, Tony!
Good story, Yooch. Yes, it was common back then for car companies to build special-order cars.

I agree, the '66 Fury was well-designed and definitely very comfortable. For '66, the engine choices were:

225-slant six (145 hp) regular fuel
318-2 bbl V-8 (230 hp) regular fuel
383-2 bbl V-8 (370 hp) regular fuel
383-4 bbl V-8 (325 hp) premium fuel
440-4 bbl V-8 (365 hp) premium fuel.

My '66 Fury VIP has the 383-4 bbl engine... plenty of power. My brother's '66 Fury III with 318 had more than adequate power, too.

Yes, they sure are roomy cars...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66vipfeb.JPG (93.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 66vipfebb.JPG (85.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 66furyc.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Yooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Good story, Yooch. Yes, it was common back then for car companies to build special-order cars.

I agree, the '66 Fury was well-designed and definitely very comfortable. For '66, the engine choices were:

225-slant six (145 hp) regular fuel
318-2 bbl V-8 (230 hp) regular fuel
383-2 bbl V-8 (370 hp) regular fuel
383-4 bbl V-8 (325 hp) premium fuel
440-4 bbl V-8 (365 hp) premium fuel.

My '66 Fury VIP has the 383-4 bbl engine... plenty of power. My brother's '66 Fury III with 318 had more than adequate power, too.

Yes, they sure are roomy cars...

Nice pictures, Tony! I also liked the low dashboard. The incredible visibility of the windshield helped me as a short driver. I didn't feel buried behind a steering wheel, but had a good panoramic, commanding view. The power steering on that car made for unbelievably smooth handling. Thanks for posting.