Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Frasier links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Frasier Photo Gallery

Frasier - The Complete First Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete First Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Second Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Third Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD

Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Ninth Season

Buy Frasier - The Ninth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Tenth Season

Buy Frasier - The Tenth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Frasier
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Fall Pilot Review: Manhattan Love Story - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; ABC Family Picks Up Young & Hungry for 2nd Season, and New Drama
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Selfie - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; Starz Gives Us Sampling of LeBron James Produced Comedy
Week 1 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hub Network to Rebrand; Mork & Mindy to be Completed on DVD?
CBS Doubles Up on Big Bang on Mondays, Moves Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 29, 2014)
Bounce TV Fall 2014 Info; Vintage SNL to Air in Primetime on Saturday Nights
VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live Returns with Comedic Co-Host; Hulu's New Series 11/22/63 Coming Soon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Keep Calm & Write Fan Fiction

Location: Seattle-Hometown of Frasier and Niles Crane, KACL and Cafe Nervosa
Heart It Shoulda Been You

I am so excited about this! David Hyde Pierce's partner, Brian Hargrove wrote this new musical and it's coming to Washington State (Issaquah and Everett), in March and April. I didn't even know it was coming until I got a tweet from the production company telling me about it, which was very cool. David actually directed it when it was in NYC and of course I would LOVE it if he were directing this one, but I really want to see it!

Here's the description for it... they don't give many details because there are supposedly a lot of twists and surprises in it. I'll post a recap after I've seen it, although I'm sure it will be awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ItShouldaBeenYou_spot.jpg (61.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Pat

Default Darn Andrea

Can't you keep them there until July??? HA!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

That's really cool that David directed it. He hasn't done a lot of directing, has he? I'm glad he's stretching and flexing his skills.

And congratulations to you, you lucky girl, for getting to go see it. Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Here's some more info about it. Some of these articles reveal the twists, so maybe don't read them if you don't want to know. Seems like the reviewers either loved it or hated it.

This article is neutral and just the facts. No spoilers.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article...-George-Street

This reviewer hated it. This article also has spoilers.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/reviews...05416572.story

This reviewer loved it and has good things to say about DHP's directing. No spoilers.
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/inde...da_been_y.html

This article goes into depth about the plot and characters and has spoilers. The reviewer didn't like the play but concedes that the audience seemed to love it.
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/nj/nj484.html
Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

I would love to be able to see this! I bet it's great.

"I always carry a spare wedding ring. A single girl never knows when lightning may strike." ~Zelda Gilroy
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbangbaby
That's really cool that David directed it. He hasn't done a lot of directing, has he? I'm glad he's stretching and flexing his skills.

And congratulations to you, you lucky girl, for getting to go see it. Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it!

Thanks! I am so excited to see this! It's actually playing in two cities in the Seattle area. One is Issaquah which is east of Seattle. It's a bit of a drive but I don't mind at all. However it's also playing in Everett which is a LOT closer to me (And I mean a LOT), and it's even cheaper. And about David, this was his first directing job. When I told my friend about it, she thought he was directing the one here. OMG, I can't tell you how much I would love that! But I think it's being directed by someone else. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Can't you keep them there until July??? HA!
Ha ha! I wish! I'm not sure how long it's playing but I didn't even know it was playing in two cities!

I promise I'll give you all a full recap! Thanks for the reviews and spoilers, but I'm staying away from them because I'd rather be surprised!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
And about David, this was his first directing job. When I told my friend about it, she thought he was directing the one here. OMG, I can't tell you how much I would love that! But I think it's being directed by someone else. Oh well...
I really don't know much about the theatre, but it seems odd to me that someone else would direct a play that one person started out with, especially if it was the same cast, and especially if the director had a personal connection with the play as he does. I understand that David is a busy actor and he may not be able to do it everywhere the play goes, but it does seem to me that if he didn't have other obligations at the time and he could do it, that he probably would do it. I guess. But I don't really know what I'm talking about with this particular subject.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Heart

Quote:
I really don't know much about the theatre, but it seems odd to me that someone else would direct a play that one person started out with, especially if it was the same cast, and especially if the director had a personal connection with the play as he does. I understand that David is a busy actor and he may not be able to do it everywhere the play goes, but it does seem to me that if he didn't have other obligations at the time and he could do it, that he probably would do it. I guess. But I don't really know what I'm talking about with this particular subject.

That's true. This is a different cast, I think. They just announced it a couple of days ago but I haven't checked the website in a few days. OMG, I'd be a basket case if I knew that DHP was directing this in my state! Not that I'd actually get to meet him, but just the thought of it! That would be completely wonderful if he did direct it though!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
That's true. This is a different cast, I think. They just announced it a couple of days ago but I haven't checked the website in a few days. OMG, I'd be a basket case if I knew that DHP was directing this in my state! Not that I'd actually get to meet him, but just the thought of it! That would be completely wonderful if he did direct it though!
Well I hope he does, and that you get a chance to cross paths with him. And here's hoping that if that should happen, you're not a basket case until after the fact, and that in the moment you'd be eloquent and charming and he comments on what a pleasure you are for him to meet. Just thinking about someone getting to meet him makes me happy!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Heart

Quote:
Well I hope he does, and that you get a chance to cross paths with him. And here's hoping that if that should happen, you're not a basket case until after the fact, and that in the moment you'd be eloquent and charming and he comments on what a pleasure you are for him to meet. Just thinking about someone getting to meet him makes me happy!

Thanks, for the vote of confidence and I would absolutely if he said anything like that to me, but I would love it! Believe me if I ever get to meet him, I'll be sure and post all the details here!

Shoulda Been You debuted in Issaquah last week and according to the Twitter site for Shoulda Been You (plus some other tweeters), DHP was IN Issquah for the premire! I was planning on going to the one in Everett which doesn't start until mid April, but I had no idea that DHP was actually going to be in MY state! It makes sense that he'd be at the premire since they are taking the show to Broadway in the fall-and it's very cool that I'll get to see it before that-but just the thought that he was in Washington State and I missed him is heartbreaking! Although realistically, I probably wouldn't have been able to see him anyway-or talk to him rather. But still...

Well I guess I'll just have to continue dreaming about meeting him. Sigh....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
Thanks, for the vote of confidence and I would absolutely if he said anything like that to me, but I would love it!
But can't you just see him saying something like that?? He's just that kind of nice person, I think.
Quote:
Shoulda Been You debuted in Issaquah last week and according to the Twitter site for Shoulda Been You (plus some other tweeters), DHP was IN Issquah for the premire! I was planning on going to the one in Everett which doesn't start until mid April, but I had no idea that DHP was actually going to be in MY state! It makes sense that he'd be at the premire since they are taking the show to Broadway in the fall-and it's very cool that I'll get to see it before that-but just the thought that he was in Washington State and I missed him is heartbreaking! Although realistically, I probably wouldn't have been able to see him anyway-or talk to him rather. But still...

Well I guess I'll just have to continue dreaming about meeting him. Sigh....
Well... if he was in Issaquah, why wouldn't he be in Everett? I mean, I could understand if he didn't have such close ties to the play, but this is their play... and he's not really working on anything else right now, is he? It seems to me there's as good a chance as any that he'll travel with the play and direct it as long as he can, doesn't it? Plus, since it is their own play, I think it would be really hard to let it go and give it to someone else and trust that person to do it the way you'd do it. It's like letting someone else bring up your baby for awhile! Again, I know nothing about this, but it makes sense to me that he would direct it every time he can. I get that you don't want to get your hopes up though, too!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #12
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Quote:
But can't you just see him saying something like that?? He's just that kind of nice person, I think.

Well... if he was in Issaquah, why wouldn't he be in Everett? I mean, I could understand if he didn't have such close ties to the play, but this is their play... and he's not really working on anything else right now, is he? It seems to me there's as good a chance as any that he'll travel with the play and direct it as long as he can, doesn't it? Plus, since it is their own play, I think it would be really hard to let it go and give it to someone else and trust that person to do it the way you'd do it. It's like letting someone else bring up your baby for awhile! Again, I know nothing about this, but it makes sense to me that he would direct it every time he can. I get that you don't want to get your hopes up though, too!

Actually I think someone else is directing. I just saw a video clip of him saying that he was in LA-unless it was from earlier in the month. He's doing an Alzheimer's fundraiser there and apparently it's a pretty big thing. But I'm going to contact the musical again and ask if he's going to be at the Everett one.

If he's not , I'm determined to meet him any way I can-even if it means going all the way across the country to see one of his plays!! I've done that before to meet people-I met people from One Life To Live that way, and they are always impressed that I come from such a far distance!

And I'm actually hoping that Brian is there b/c I'd love to meet him as well even though I have no idea what I'd say. I mean, I don't really want to gush about DHP in front him!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Here's some more info about it. Some of these articles reveal the twists, so maybe don't read them if you don't want to know. Seems like the reviewers either loved it or hated it.

This article is neutral and just the facts. No spoilers.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article...-George-Street

This reviewer hated it. This article also has spoilers.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/reviews...05416572.story

This reviewer loved it and has good things to say about DHP's directing. No spoilers.
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/inde...da_been_y.html

This article goes into depth about the plot and characters and has spoilers. The reviewer didn't like the play but concedes that the audience seemed to love it.
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/nj/nj484.html

I wanted to thank you for posting these reviews. I wanted to wait until I had actually seen the musical to read them because of the spoilers in a few of them. Wow, a few of those reviews are pretty harsh but I did like the one that talks about DHP's directing. Oh, how I wish I could have seen the one he directed! I had no idea that Edward Hibbert (Gil) was in it as well. That would have been awesome! Seems like there were some other big names in it too. But I do like the fact that I was able to see it locally!