Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Coming to Ft. Myers, Makes Minor Spring Change; NBC Brings the Funny This Summer
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Lilly Singh Coming to NBC Late Night Lineup; Netflix Cancels One Day at at Time
Fri-Yay: Netflix Cancels One Day at a Time; Stana Katic Drama Returns June 14 on Amazon
ABC Brings Back More Classic Game Shows; NBC Readies Series Based on Fallon Skit
Veep's Final Season Starts March 31; Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell Returns to Adult Swim
CBS 2019 Season Finale Dates; TV One Gets DL Hughley Talk Show


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March)

Step by Step - The Complete Fourth Season What I Like About You - The Complete Fourth Season Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season Alice - The Complete Ninth Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season

01/08 - Family Guy - 20 Greatest Hits
01/22 - Fuller House - The Complete Third Season
01/22 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
01/29 - Ballers - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
01/29 - Crashing - The Complete Second Season
01/29 - The Game - The Complete Series
01/29 - Kidding - Season One
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 1 - Volumes 1-5
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 2 - Volumes 6-10
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 3 - Seasons 10-14
02/05 - First Lady of Television - Betty White Collection (40 rare and acclaimed episodes from her early days in television)
02/05 - Mama's Family - Seasons 1-6 - The Complete Series
02/12 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
02/12 - Step by Step - The Complete Fourth Season
02/26 - What I Like About You - The Complete Fourth Season
03/05 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)
03/12 - Alice - The Complete Ninth Season (WBShop.com)
03/26 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2019, 01:05 AM   #16
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
It looks like Bill Weld will be the first to challenge Trump for the nomination inside his own party. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/15/p...tee/index.html
He's NOT running. He simply formed an exploratory committee. Even former GOP governor Chris Christie said he's not running.

President Trump has very high approval ratings in the GOP and the RNC has a lot of influence in who runs and they don't want anyone running against Trump!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:14 AM   #17
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 3,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
He's NOT running. He simply formed an exploratory committee. Even former GOP governor Chris Christie said he's not running.

President Trump has very high approval ratings in the GOP and the RNC has a lot of influence in who runs and they don't want anyone running against Trump!
The latest information I have is that he is still considering a run, though thus far it's been low key.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...d-2020-1206307
Steve_uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #18
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
The latest information I have is that he is still considering a run, though thus far it's been low key.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...d-2020-1206307
I doubt the RNC will let him. He'll be ANNIHILATED if he even tries!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #19
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
I doubt the RNC will let him. He'll be ANNIHILATED if he even tries!
I do think if any Republican folks tried to challenge Trump, he'd crush them pretty good in the debates.

Transparent globalists will never do well against populists, even if they are fake populists like Trump.

Good politicians use populist rhetoric rather than corporate talking points.

Trump's re-election depends entirely on who the Democrats pick. If Trump is going against Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard, he has no chance. But if it's Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, or Kirsten Gillibrand, Trump could wipe the floor with them.

Whoever is going to pay lip service to the corporations will get creamed.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #20
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I do think if any Republican folks tried to challenge Trump, he'd crush them pretty good in the debates.

Transparent globalists will never do well against populists, even if they are fake populists like Trump.

Good politicians use populist rhetoric rather than corporate talking points.

Trump's re-election depends entirely on who the Democrats pick. If Trump is going against Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard, he has no chance. But if it's Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, or Kirsten Gillibrand, Trump could wipe the floor with them.

Whoever is going to pay lip service to the corporations will get creamed.
Are you new to politics or something?? There won't be ANY debates because Trump would win EVERY state! Like I said this IDIOT Bill Weld won't even run because the overwhelming majority of the GOP is with President Trump.

Even Chris Christie said Weld won't challenge Trump.
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #21
Steve_uk
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 3,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Are you new to politics or something?? There won't be ANY debates because Trump would win EVERY state! Like I said this IDIOT Bill Weld won't even run because the overwhelming majority of the GOP is with President Trump.

Even Chris Christie said Weld won't challenge Trump.
He's certainly not an idiot; he just likes the status quo. https://news.yahoo.com/maverick-repu...fouyKGo3jyZisM
Steve_uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.