Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #31
JR1
Forum Regular

Default Hopefully...

she is in a better, more peaceful place now. R.I.P., Rue/Blanche.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #32
resse99
First Time Poster

Rue is too yong to die. Miss her.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
jasonbigley
Forum Regular

It is so sad that Betty White is the only remaining Golden Girl left. It seems like every year for the past 2 years we lose a Golden Girl. Estelle Getty died in 2008, Bea Arthur died in 2009 and now Rue McClanahan dies in 2010. We are losing all these good actors and actresses and it is a real shame. I always liked Rue McClanahan as Blanche on The Golden Girls. I liked all the rest of them on there equally as well. It was a great show, not like the trash that is on TV now a days. I will never forget that one episode where Rose was in the hospital having bypass surgery. Blanche, Sofia, and Dorothy were right there for her when she needed them the most. That is true friendship. With that being said, may Rue rest in peace and she is greatly missed.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #34
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
UPDATE: WE tv to air "The Golden Girls" Marathon: Best of Blanche--Friday, June 4: 4pm-1am ET/PT. http://goo.gl/fb/Kq9As

Here are the episodes airing on today's WE tv marathon tribute from 5pm-1am:

5:00 PM 201 End of the Curse Blanche is mortified after taking a pregnancy test which indicates she's pregnant. Then after visiting her doctor, she learns the truth, she's beginning menopause. Meanwhile, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia go into the mink breeding business.

5:30PM 206 Big Daddy's Little Lady Blanche's father comes to Miami for a visit and has an announcement he's engaged to be married. Blanche is thrilled until she meets his fiancee who happens to be younger than herself. Meanwhile, Dorothy and Rose enter a song writing contest.

6:00PM 308 Brotherly Love Blanche makes a move at Ted, Stan's brother the minute she learns he's a neurosurgeon. She is furious when she discovers the only woman Ted is apparently interested in is Dorothy. Meanwhile, Rose is suffering from insomnia.

6:30PM 314 Blanche's Little Girl Blanche is thrilled by a visit from her daughter, Rebecca, an ex-model who has now gained quite a bit of weight. Also visiting with Rebecca is her oafish beau who constantly puts down her weight. The kicker: she's thinking of marrying him.

7:00PM 401 Yes, We Have No Havanas Blanche's latest boyfriend is a charming Cuban whom sweeps Blanche off her feet but she's not the only one when Blanche discovers he's been dating Sophia behind her back. Meanwhile, Rose takes a course taught by Dorothy in order to get a high school diploma

7:30PM 403 The One That Got Away Blanche is expecting a visit from the one man who has always turned her down when it comes to sex. Thus, makes her determined to seduce him into bed. Meanwhile, Rose claims to have seen a UFO and gets the Air Force involved.

8:00PM 412 Blind Date After being dumped by her boyfriend, Blanche befriends a man at a bar and makes a date with him unknown to her he's blind. Meanwhile, Dorothy and Rose try their hand at coaching a kids' football team.

8:30PM 503 Accurate Conception, The Blanche's daughter, Rebecca has some wonderful news. She's going to become a mother, through artificial insemination. However, Blanche is less then thrilled, she's totally against the entire thing.

9:00PM 508 That Old Feeling Blanche is visited by her brother in-law and is taken back by his resemblance to her deceased husband. She quickly finds herself falling in love with hopes of marriage.

9:30PM 511 Ebb Tide Blanche is shattered after her father, Big Daddy, passes away. However, when she goes back to her childhood home, she gets into a big argument with her sister, Virginia and decides not to attend the funeral. Meanwhile, Sophia tries to raise cash for a TV

10:00PM 517 Like The Beep Beep Beep of the Tom-Tom After visiting the doctor, Blanche learns that he wants to put a pacemaker in her. However, after the operation, Blanche is so scared of intimacy that she decides to give up sex.

10:30PM 601 Blanche Delivers Blanche's daughter wants to give birth in a birthing center while Blanche is preoccupied by the possibility of Rebecca delivering in a local hospital. Blanche doesn't want to be embarrassed by the fact that her daughter was artificially inseminated.

11:00PM 609 Mrs. George Devereaux Blanche has a secret admirer and is shocked when she meets him, her supposedly dead husband, George. Meanwhile, Dorothy is being wooed by two men, Sonny Bono and Lyle Waggoner.

11:30PM 611 Stand By Your Man Blanche meets a man at the library and only after they make a date does she realizes he's in a wheelchair. Meanwhile, Rose wants to keep one of the puppies from Dreyfuss' litter despite Blanche and Dorothy's feelings.

12:00AM 614 Sister of the Bride Blanche's gay brother Clayton, makes a visit to Miami with a surprise, he has found the right person to make a commitment to, but Blanche still can't get over Clayton's sexual orientation. Meanwhile, Rose expects to win a Volunteer of the Year award.

12:30AM 703 Beauty and the Beast Blanche is visited by her granddaughter, Melissa, and the only thing that Blanche has on her mind is Melissa winning a Little Miss Beauty Contest. Meanwhile, Dorothy hires a nurse to look after a recuperating Sophia.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #35
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

The Hallmark Channel will air Blanche themed episodes of The Golden Girls all next week (June 7-11) in its regular slots of weekdays 9am-11am & 11pm-1am. We'll try to have episode info on those soon, but it doesn't seem there will be a marathon block on Hallmark.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #36
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

THE GOLDEN GIRLS – HALLMARK CHANNEL CELEBRATES RUE MCCLANAHAN
June 7–11, 9am-11a & 11pm-1am

Hallmark Channel pays tribute to Rue McClanahan with a week of Golden Girls episodes celebrating Blanche Devereaux. Spend some time remembering this sultry and flirtatious Southern belle as Hallmark Channel says thank you for being our friend.

Monday, June 7, 2010 (repeats 11pm-1am)
9:00 am - 9:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Transplant""
Blanche's sister, Virginia, comes to Miami for a visit and Blanche is convinced she's after something. Later, while out to dinner, she learns just what Virginia is after, Blanche's kidney."
9:30 am - 10:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Blanche and the Younger Man""
Blanche goes all out to try to look good for her latest beau, her aerobics instructor half her age. Meanwhile, Rose's dynamic mother comes for a visit and gets fed up with Rose's ""mothering"" ways."
10:00 am - 10:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Big Daddy""
Blanche's father, Big Daddy, comes to Miami for a visit, with an announcement. Meanwhile, Sophia places a ""curse"" on a neighbor who refuses to remove his tree that fell over."
10:30 am - 11:00 am "Golden Girls: ""End of the Curse"
Blanche is mortified after taking a pregnancy test which indicates she's pregnant. Then after visiting her doctor, she learns the truth, she's beginning menopause."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 (repeats 11pm-1am)
9:00 am - 9:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Joust Between Friends"
Laid off from work, Dorothy searches for part-time work which leads to Blanche getting her a job at the museum. Then fur flies when Dorothy is handed the job of organizing a banquet, the duty Blanche was hoping for."
9:30 am - 10:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Blanche's Little Girl"
Blanche is thrilled by a visit from her daughter, Rebecca. Also visiting with Rebecca is her oafish beau who constantly puts her down. The kicker: she's thinking of marrying him."
10:00 am - 10:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Yes, We Have No Havanas""
Blanche's latest boyfriend sweeps her off her feet but she's not the only one when Blanche discovers he's been dating Sophia behind her back."
10:30 am - 11:00 am "Golden Girls: ""The One That Got Away""
Blanche is expecting a visit from the one man who has always turned her down in bed. Thus, makes her determined to seduce him."

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 (repeats 11pm-1am)
9:00 am - 9:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Scared Straight"
Blanche's brother, Clayton comes to Miami for a visit and Blanche goes all out fixing him up on blind dates. However, Rose learns the truth, Clayton is gay."
9:30 am - 10:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Blind Date"
After being dumped by her boyfriend, Blanche befriends a man at a bar and makes a date with him unknown to her he's blind."
10:00 am - 10:30 am "Golden Girls: ""The Accurate Conception"
Blanche's daughter, Rebecca, has some news. She's going to become a mother, through artificial insemination. However, Blanche is ltotally against the entire thing."
10:30 am - 11:00 am "Golden Girls: ""That Old Feeling""
Blanche is visited by her brother in-law and is taken back by his resemblence to her deceased husband. She quickly finds herself falling in love with hopes of marriage."

Thursday, June 10, 2010 (repeats 11pm-1am)
9:00 am - 9:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Ebb Tide""
Blanche is shattered after her father, Big Daddy, passes away. However, she gets into a big argument with her sister, Virginia, and decides not to attend the funeral."
9:30 am - 10:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Triple Play""
Blanche tries to lure men by placing a fake ad in the paper trying to sell a Mercedes. Meanwhile, Rose has to deal with meeting Miles's daughter."
10:00 am - 10:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Like the Beep Beep Beep of the Tom-Tom"
After visiting the doctor, Blanche learns that he wants to put a pacemaker in her."
10:30 am - 11:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Blanche Delivers""
Blanche's daughter arrives in Miami to give birth while Blanche doesn't want to be embarrassed by the fact that her daughter was artificially inseminated."

Friday, June 11, 2010 (repeats 11pm-1am)
9:00 am - 9:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Mrs. George Devereaux""
Blanche has a secret admirer and is shocked when she meets him, her supposedly dead husband, George. Guest stars Sonny Bono and Lyle Waggoner."
9:30 am - 10:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Stand By Your Man""
Blanche meets a man at the library and only after they make a date does she realizes he's in a wheelchair."
10:00 am - 10:30 am "Golden Girls: ""Beauty and the Beast""
Blanche is visited by her granddaughter, Melissa, and Blanche enters her in the Little Miss Miami Beauty Contest."
10:30 am - 11:00 am "Golden Girls: ""Journey to the Center of Attention""
Blanche brings a lonely, Dorothy down to the Rusty Anchor for a night of excitement."
Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #37
Heidi Dawn
Forum Regular
Muppets

Unhappy

Rue. Mom was suprised when I told her yesterday that Rue died. Betty White is 88 and has outlived all of her co-stars.
Complete Series Box Sets: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #38
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Attached Images

Old 06-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #39
Alvin Karpis
Frequent Poster
"Hank Queen"

RIP
Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #40
Fallon97
Forum Regular

I'm going to miss Rue McClanahan.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #41
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon97
I'm going to miss Rue McClanahan.
I think we all are. Rue was one of a kind. Great actress and wonderful lady. One of these days I'll have to read her autobiography.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 AM   #42
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I think we all are. Rue was one of a kind. Great actress and wonderful lady. One of these days I'll have to read her autobiography.

Rue's autobiography, My First Five Husbands (and the Ones Who Got Away) is very entertaining, Monika. I'm actually re-reading it now after Rue's passing. She was quite a bit like her character of Blanche in real life...

http://www.amazon.com/First-Five-Hus...ref=pd_sim_b_3
Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #43
DLevine2
DLevine2

R.I.P.- Rue
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #44
BillCullen1
Frequent Poster
Game show fan

So this means Betty White is the only Golden Girl still with us, and ironically I think she's older than the others. R.I.P. Rue - say Hello to Bea and Estelle.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #45
Dorothyfan1997
Frequent Poster

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jeffersons Fan
NOOOOOOO. I am gonna Cry. I can't Believe This. The Third Golden Girls in nearly 2 Years. We Love you Rue. Rest in Peace. My 3 Favorite Golden Girls are all gone. We will miss You.
theyre my three favs too wen i started watchin GG i always dreamed of meetin all 4 of them and now ill never get the chance i hope as i build my family tree on ancestery one of their name pop up that would be soooooo awesome cause im related to alot of famous people like the queen miss them soooooooooo much cried each time one of them died