Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #151
Dude111

I last watched WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971) on VHS
Old 02-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #152
Vahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I last watched WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971) on VHS
Too bad no version with the Paramount logo was ever released.

There might have been one on 16mm, but even that's doubtful.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #153
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Default Re watch...

Vamp '86 (Two fraternity pledges go to a sleazy bar looking for strippers to entertain their college friends. They have problems with transportation, Biker gangs, and worst of all, the staff of the bar, all of whom seem to be vampires.

One of my favorite horror comedies. Great quirky characters and atmosphere. Like After Hours with vampires...ha, just noticed one of the reviewers on IMDB said the same! Well, according to the director that's what he was going for.
The DVD commentary with writer/director Richard Wenk, and actors Chris Makepeace, Dedee Pfeiffer, and Gedde Watanabe is hilarious.)

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 02-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #154
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

North and South (TV Mini-Series 1985) ;Episode 3-Patrick Swayze, James Read, Phillip Casnoff, Leslie Anne Down, Jean Simmons, David Carradine, Robert Mitchum, Gene Kelly, Olivia Cole
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #155
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Saw Inherent Vice in the theatre this afternoon!

Entertaining , but confusing and long! Joachin Phoenix was good as he always is. Played a stoner hippie/detective. Took place in 1970 which was cool! Joachin is sexy, beautiful eyes, although he was kind of grungy in this movie! LOL!!! Also Reese Witherspoon ,liked seeing them together in a movie since Walk the Line! Owen Wilson and Josh Brolin were good in this too!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #156
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

Gone Girl
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #157
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

In the Electric Mist (2009) on DVD

The film is a sequel to Heaven's Prisoners w/ Tommy Lee Jones playing an older Dave Robicheaux. It takes place in post-Katrina New Orleans where he's investigating a serial murderer of hookers.

At the same time, the body of a murdered black man from 35 years prior is discovered. This haunts Robicheaux since he witnessed the murder as a teen.

* The film was released straight-to-DVD in the U.S., but was theatrical overseas.

Based on the James Lee Burke novel In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead, the 6th book in his Dave Robicheaux series.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #158
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Default Re watch...

Lisa, Lisa '77 (aka Axe aka California Axe Massacre aka California Axe Murders aka The Virgin Slaughter. Three criminals on a murder spree arrive at a farmhouse inhabited by a girl and her paralyzed grandfather. They use the house as a hideout without knowing that Lisa is not as innocent as she looks...)

Old 02-04-2015, 09:46 PM   #159
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

North And South Book 1; episode 3(mini-series 1985)- James Read, Patrick Swayze, Kirstie Alley, Genie Francis, Jonathan Frakes, David Carradine, Leslie Anne Down, Jean Simmons, Inga Swenson
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #160
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Hector and the Search for Happiness '14 (A psychiatrist searches the globe to find the secret of happiness. )

Old 02-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #161
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Judgment Day (1999) on VHS

A religious fanatic kidnaps the only scientist who knows how to stop an asteroid from hitting the Earth.

* Was the final film of actress Suzy Amis before she decided to leave acting. She married James Cameron in 2000 having met while filming Titanic.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:22 AM   #162
Sherrie Anson
Frequent Poster

The last movie that I've seen was Taken 3 starring Liam Neeson. It was an okay type of film. One I wouldn't be remembering next year but it was good while I was watching it.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #163
robustexamine
Occasional Poster

The last movie I saw was “American Sniper” a movie that is causing uproar recently. I can totally relate to this as I am a Navy wife. Soldiers don't always agree with the government or the wars but they do it to protect the ones they love and to give others a peaceful life which others always take for granted.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #164
irehtman

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace.

The beginning is kind of too weak to start, but the information is almost precise as they began to form as a team.

I can't believe Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley are both fraternal twin beauties in this movie.

I know Natalie is from Israel who speaks pure American and I know Keira is from England who speaks pure British in a low strict toned voice.

Also, Natalie is four years older than Keira and Keira plays a strict queen and Natalie plays an assistant.

In this movie, Natalie was only 16 or 18 and Keira was only 12 or 14.

Yeah, too bad Qui-Gon got killed in this movie and it was very sad scene when they exposed his dead body during the funeral pyre with fire.

I was wondering if I did not have the the caption on, I would have thought that young Obi-Wan would have to fight being a jedi alone without his master Qui-Gon. But now since I have the cpation on, he is the new master jedi for young Anakin.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #165
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Mary And Max '09 (A tale of friendship between two unlikely pen pals: Mary, a lonely, eight-year-old girl living in the suburbs of Melbourne, and Max, a forty-four-year old man with Asperger living in New York. The friendship through letters spans 20 years.)

Closed Thread