Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2002, 08:20 AM   #1
ccowgirl2002_2005
Occasional Poster

Question how lond have you been watcing?

how long hav e you been wathching the girls?

ccowgirl2002_2005
ccowgirl2002_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #2
shocolah
Bring Back The Wonder Years!!!
Forum Regular

Since it debuted in September 1985. I've seen every episode - some a lot more than others. Hmmmm, maybe Lifetime shows some more than others.
shocolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:24 AM   #3
callmetootie

Send a message via AIM to callmetootie

I watched the final season on CBS with my grandmother when i was 2 or 3 years old, and got hooked onto it...but I just really didn't care for GP, and it ruined of likeness to the girls for a while. But then Lifetime reran all of the seasons, so I once again got hooked.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #4
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Thumbs up Re How Long Have You Been Watching The Golden Girls

I Started Watching The Golden Girls Since It Debut On
The NBC Televison Network In September Of 1985
at (8:00 PM) Central Time.

Take Care
Aaron The News Repoter
Old 10-24-2002, 11:32 AM   #5
TheGoldenGirlsUK
@TGG Webmaster
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenGirlsUK

I too have been watching since 1985. This year I have been able to record all 180 episodes uncut, in the correct order, since they were shown in the UK on LivingTV. I've achieved my dream of all episodes on tape and now they go and tell us that the GG's might be released on DVD, haha, typical! I'd still buy them on DVD tho'...

Sam
TheGoldenGirlsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 12:09 PM   #6
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

Send a message via Yahoo to jayman75

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGoldenGirlsUK
I too have been watching since 1985. This year I have been able to record all 180 episodes uncut, in the correct order, since they were shown in the UK on LivingTV. I've achieved my dream of all episodes on tape and now they go and tell us that the GG's might be released on DVD, haha, typical! I'd still buy them on DVD tho'...

Sam
Sam -- Now, what you need to do is make me a copy of all the episodes, ship them across the Atlantic, and hook your GG partner up!!! Of course, your VCR is probably on the PAL system, which would mean it couldn't be played on my VCR. Still, though, it's cool that you have the complete set.

As for watching the show -- I grew up watching NBC on Saturdays and Thursdays. I was a total Cosby fan, and I loved TFOL, GG, Empty Nest, etc etc. That was in the day that Saturday nights meant you stayed home. I think if that kind of good television was brought back I'd jump right on it.

Of course, as a kid, I never thought about taping the shows or anything. I know I have a few originals that I found at my parents house -- including the episodes of Rose's heart surgeries. So, that's kind of cool to have. But, it wasn't until I got older and rediscovered them on syndication (before Lifetime had the rights) that I became rehooked.
jayman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #7
TheGoldenGirlsUK
@TGG Webmaster
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenGirlsUK

Quote:
Originally posted by jayman75

Sam -- Now, what you need to do is make me a copy of all the episodes, ship them across the Atlantic, and hook your GG partner up!!! Of course, your VCR is probably on the PAL system, which would mean it couldn't be played on my VCR. Still, though, it's cool that you have the complete set.
LOL Yeah, our tapes won't play in US machines yet US tapes will play without a problem in our VCR's. We have multiformat VCR's and DVD players in Europe.

I heard that Lifetime severely edit episodes which is such a shame because in actual fact they seem to edit bits which are important to the storyline. We have about a 3 minute commercial break inbetween the Golden Girls here, so there's no real need to cut bits out.

Quote:
Originally posted by jayman75

Of course, as a kid, I never thought about taping the shows or anything. I know I have a few originals that I found at my parents house -- including the episodes of Rose's heart surgeries. So, that's kind of cool to have. But, it wasn't until I got older and rediscovered them on syndication (before Lifetime had the rights) that I became rehooked.
That's how it was with me. I was a fan of the show when it was first aired on Channel 4 in 1985 and it never occured to me that it would be taken off the TV for any length of time, so I didn't record the episodes. Big mistake! So, we had something like a 5-7 year break over here before the GG's were shown again and that was tough! Having spent such a long time without the show really made me realise what a cult comedy this really is. As the years go by I believe it's becoming more popular, certainly with people who weren't even born when it first aired

Sam
TheGoldenGirlsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
~LadyJess~
Football Chick

Send a message via AIM to ~LadyJess~

As I've said many times before, I first saw the show when I was 5 and would watch it with my grandma. It wasn't until this past summer that I really got into watching it again.

Actually, it was kind of an accident that I even started watching again to begin with. I woke up one morning in the summer, ready to watch Unsolved Mysteries as always. Well, Golden Girls was on instead and I was bummed out but I was too lazy to get out of bed or turn off the TV so I watched it, remembering bits and pieces from many years before. Well that one episode got me hooked all over again and I've been watching ever since!
Old 10-26-2002, 04:38 PM   #9
GoldenGuy
MAAAAAA
Forum Regular

do you by any chance remember which episode that was.

Frank: You're a Trophy Wife... What Contest in Hell did I win.

Dreams unwind Love's a State of mind~ Stevie Nicks ~
GoldenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:52 PM   #10
Czas na Zywiec
what up
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ILoveLucyfan4eva
As I've said many times before, I first saw the show when I was 5 and would watch it with my grandma. It wasn't until this past summer that I really got into watching it again.

Actually, it was kind of an accident that I even started watching again to begin with. I woke up one morning in the summer, ready to watch Unsolved Mysteries as always. Well, Golden Girls was on instead and I was bummed out but I was too lazy to get out of bed or turn off the TV so I watched it, remembering bits and pieces from many years before. Well that one episode got me hooked all over again and I've been watching ever since!
Haha, same here. My mom was watching it once and I was like "Mom change the channel, I hate this show!" I saw like a minute of an ep about 5 years ago when Blanche was in her Grammy's house and thought it was stupid she was chaining herself to the heater so I vowed never to watch the show again. Well when my mom didn't change the channel, I gave it a go and turns out I liked it. So I've been watching for about a year and a half now, but I'm burning out since I've seen each ep about 5689360965 times. The only ep I've never seen was a season 7 one where Dorothy went to some teaching convention.
Czas na Zywiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:08 PM   #11
~LadyJess~
Football Chick

Send a message via AIM to ~LadyJess~

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenGuy
do you by any chance remember which episode that was.
Were you talking to me? I can't remember what episode it was but I don't think it matters, any ep would have gotten me hooked!
~LadyJess~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:09 PM   #12
Frasier W. Crane
Farewell, Frasier
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Frasier W. Crane Send a message via Yahoo to Frasier W. Crane

I've been watching since about 1998 or 1999.

Almost 3 Million Jobs Lost

No Child Left Behind Act Underfunded by $9 Billion

3.8 Million More Americans Lost Health Insurance

Small Deficit? Annual Deficit To Exceed $400 Billion in the Next 10 Years

200,000 Veterans Cut From Health System

Raids Entire $2.6 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund

We need a President who means what he says, and keeps his word. John Kerry is the President that can do that.

Sen. John F. Kerry for United States President. HE WILL keep his word.

Visit www.johnkerry.com to get more information about the Senator that will turn our country around.
https://contribute.johnkerry.com/ind..._code=00014509
Frasier W. Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:15 PM   #13
britt britt
Catherine O'Hara

Send a message via ICQ to britt britt

I'v been watching it since 1999. I remeber watching it at my grandmothers for the first time and i thought it was so funny, and after that i watched it all the time.
Destiny rules
That the spirits are ruthless
With the paths they choose
It's not being together
It's just following the rules
No one's a fool

britt britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #14
DF1286
Occasional Poster

Default I've been watching since

Like, last year! lol, but I've seen every episode accept the one where Clayton gets married.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:53 PM   #15
DF1286
Occasional Poster

Default The odd thing

My grandmother never watched the show, and TGG had a viewing audience that was mainly age 20-59 (i think 73% of the audience for the show was between those ages).....So even though it had all these old women in it it attracted younger viewers. Blanche was 50 when the show began, tho.
DF1286 is offline   Reply With Quote