Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Orders Multi-Camera Sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart and Sean Astin; Three New Seasons of Bob's Burgers on DVD
Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman is as Delightfully Sad as Ever in Season 5; The Guest Book Returns Oct. 23 on TBS with More Guests
The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

Biggrin The Clint Eastwood Fan (Sonny) Appreciation Thread

We haven't had an appreciation thread in a while, so I'd like to do one for one of my favorite guys on here- Clint Eastwood Fan AKA Sonny.

While I don't speak of him the way I do some others, whether it's my pen-pal-style PM's with Ramona, sports with Wreckless and/or Brian, or the entertaining/unique thoughts of Solomon, etc.- but I like the guy a lot.

I know him best for two things:

1. His love-hate relationship for the Dallas Cowboys (He hates Wade Phillips more than I hate scrambled eggs)

2. Having the hots for Valerie Bertinelli (three-plus decades and counting)

The guy is not afraid to speak his mind on the Boys- from the players to coaches- and a lot of things, from sports to TV.

Knowing him, I can say that there are two things he woud love to see down the line:

1. A Cowboys Super Bowl win

2. Valerie B doing a spread for a certain men's magazine

So, here's to you, Sonny.

I like you a lot, and I'm sure a lot of us SO'ers do.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Sonny is a great member of SO. We're all glad you're here.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Thumbs up

Sonny is the best. He is a great asset to this site. I think an appreciation thread for him is long overdue!

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Sonny is the best. He is a great asset to this site. I think an appreciation thread for him is long overdue!
Agreed.

Last edited by Zoneboy; 02-25-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Amen to that. Sonny is one super nice guy & has always been helpful and supportive to me. He's tops!!

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
LuLu Rogers
Colonel Brandon
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Sonny's a great guy with a heart of gold. He's a great member and a great friend. We you Sonny!

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
LuLu Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Sonny

Freakin'

ROCKS!!!!!

For all these years, a fabulous SO member and great friend!!!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #8
beautifuldreamer
Banned
Banned!!

Even though I don't know the man, from reading his posts, he is, I must say, a cool dude!
Attached Images

beautifuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #9
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Thumbs up Sending some appreciation to a great guy!!!

Sonny is a great guy!!! He's always one of the first guys to wish someone a happy birthday, or to send someone his prayers or best wishes, and he's someone with a big heart, who genuinely cares for others. This place is 1000 times better for having Sonny around!!!
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Brad Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Wow this sure was unexpected. Thanks FSU and thanks everybody for the kind words. You all rock
Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Cool

Sonny is a cool guy with a big heart. What else is there to say but ?

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Heart

Sonny is one of my dearest friends, in my overall life actually. I simply adore him. He's a great advisor to me, especially for site issues. He's in my unofficial "Cabinet", lol. I told Sonny recently that he's one of the nicest people I've ever known online, in the top five for sure. When I'm confused or conflicted about something, Sonny has the ability to reign it all in, remind me of former issues that are relative to the new issue, and present it all back to me, all sorted out. He gives me pros and cons. I trust his judgement. More importantly, I trust him. The importance of trust cannot be overstated. I'm friendly with people I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw my car; however, I'm not friends with anybody I don't trust. He's been invaluable to me, and I'm really grateful to him and for his friendship.

I like the story of how Sonny and I became friends. I had always liked him, but we never had any off board contact. I liked his way, his easy going nature, his ability to say a lot in a few words or sentences (something I've yet to master, lol). It was right before Christmas three or four years ago. What year was it, Sonny? Anyway, I was feeling sentimental, and if any good came out of all my losses, it is to tell a person how you feel because they can be gone in an instant. I sent Sonny a PM, and I told him how I'd always admired him, and that I was glad he was a SO member. I didn't gush on, but it really came out of the blue, for Sonny. It was one well though out paragraph. I wasn't expecting or even hoping to become friends. That was a bonus. From that day forward, we've grown closer and our friendship, deeper.

There's an old adage that reminds me of Sonny. "Still waters run deep". Sonny is an observer of life and never misses a trick, or anything for that matter. Just because he doesn't comment on everything, doesn't mean a thing. As nice as he is, run for cover if he gets angry, which is rare. Nobody bothers Sonny because his calm demeanor commands respect. He doesn't suffer fools gladly, another old adage. He has great insight about people and life in general. Smart, witty, generous, helpful, compassionate, etc. etc. He's been through a lot in his life, and I think that's one of the reasons he "gets it" about life. He knows a lot, about a lot. So yeah, I appreciate Sonny a whole bunch, if that's not obvious by now. He's my good buddy.

Last edited by Janice; 02-25-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

^ You know Janice, I think that's the main reason I like him myself. He reminds me a lot of my late father. Dad was a great communicater, but even moreso, a great listener and "watcher" of people.

I'm long winded too and it frustrates me at times. Then I'll see a post by Sonny and he's nailed it in a couple of sentences. He's amazing with it. There were times in the past that I would be getting hassled on the Politics board. Sonny wouldn't have even been in the thread, but he would have sent me PM encouraging me to stand up for myself and that others liked me and had my back. It can make all the difference at times and he just naturally seems to know exactly when to say something. I've actually jumped up in my chair at times and just wanted to hug my monitor (Sonny) with his words. He's always the voice of reason.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
I'm long winded too and it frustrates me at times.
Me too. That's why when you and I talk on the phone, the sun rises and sets a few times, as shown below. Also, my Dad was the strong, silent type too. He looked like John Wayne, yet was such a gentle man. Of course, he was also capable of ripping a person's head off.

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #15
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Me too. That's why when you and I talk on the phone, the sun rises and sets a few times, as shown below. Also, my Dad was the strong, silent type too. He looked like John Wayne, yet was such a gentle man. Of course, he was also capable of ripping a person's head off.

Yep! I loved that about my dad. He reminded me of a sweet, gentle bear father who was calm, fair, protective and the provider, but get him mad or come after his family and you're done. That's how I like to think I'm trying to become.

LOL - I'm picturing the WB cartoon with the earth rotating and the sun going up and down a couple of times while we're still yapping our faces off!