Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Alice (Sitcoms Online) / Alice links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Alice Photo Gallery / Flo Message Board / Flo Photo Gallery

Alice - The Complete First Season

Buy Alice - The Complete First Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Second Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Second Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Third Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Third Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - Television Favorites

Buy Alice - Television Favorites on DVD
Flo - The Complete Series

Buy Flo - The Complete Series (WBShop.com) on DVD
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Alice

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Irene, I have decided to STOP recording Alice on ION. I just can't do it anymore

ION gives out some SLOPPY ASS Episodes, Going to a commercial and the F*cking bell is Ringing-lol So I don't want to waste any more tape on that kind of programming. I will still WATCH it every Night but ION doesn't have the Editing Skills to make me keep it in my collection.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I can understand that. Watching it, it annoys me seeing the editing, but I am so excited to see ALICE again on television so we can chat abt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I can understand that. Watching it, it annoys me seeing the editing, but I am so excited to see ALICE again on television so we can chat abt it.

Yeah I will still watch it but I rather use my tapes for something else rather than 9th grade editing-lol
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Yeah I will still watch it but I rather use my tapes for something else rather than 9th grade editing-lol
They must share the same editing team at TVland.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
They must share the same editing team at TVland.

No TV land has College Interns doing their editing-lol ION has snotty nose kids doing their cuts
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
TeeVeeCloset

I'm not sounding bitter here, so I want to make sure I sound like I'm being positive, obviously the editing annoys me too, in fact the episodes don't run more than 20:30 each! But with that said in another thread, titled "should I keep recording Alice" I tried to give some well thought out help, as usual when I spend time writing well thought out advice or educated thoughts, the thread is immediatly turned off topic with the next post or no one even replies, which is what happened with that one.....I love these posts, but some of you guys need to write a alittle more sensibily, I don't how many times I sit here laughing at some of the thoughts that are written and with such bad grammer, I certainly am not talking about you TV researcher (you are a legend here), but my sincere advice to you is if it is driving you that crazy, than stop, life is too short, also VHS seems kinda of a waste of time and would certainly take up too much shelf space, but maybe that isn't a problem with you........we have to give ION some credit for even testing Alice, a show that hasn't been seen in years.....the so called classic cable channels are a joke making eratic changes and just coping eachother, ION started that way with Green Acres but now is taking some real chances....everyone is all excited that What's Happening Now is coming to TV Land, let's face it they are running 12 episodes as a test at 7AM, what a bold move!, they actually give shows 3 days to be successful and they are then taken off! I'm surprised they don't actually cancel the show in the middle of the episode and put something elso on!...none of these channels have any balls....they just copy what other networks think are working...examples.....
GREEN ACRES works on TV Land, So Ion runs it
GROWING PAINS comes on ION, so Nick runs it
AMERICA FUNNIEST VIDEOS works on Family, so Nick runs it
FULL HOUSE works on Family, So Nick runs it
LITTLE HOUSE works on Hallmark, so TV Land runs it....
FRESH PRINCE works on Nick, so TBS runs it
the examples never stop......
hopefully ION after getting a shaky start will hopefully expand and give us some real gems we haven't seen in awhile.......

well I actually got off topic, but let's face it, we are all here because we love TV.....so lets get some real constructive comments to follow....

I bet the next post will be something like........I can't wait for "What's Happening Now" to come on TV land, again nothing personal to anyone who writes that but lets hear some well thought out opinions hopefully.

I've put out a challenge and to you my friend TV Researcher, whatever makes you happy......just do it!
TeeVeeCloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
I'm not sounding bitter here, so I want to make sure I sound like I'm being positive, obviously the editing annoys me too, in fact the episodes don't run more than 20:30 each! But with that said in another thread, titled "should I keep recording Alice" I tried to give some well thought out help, as usual when I spend time writing well thought out advice or educated thoughts, the thread is immediatly turned off topic with the next post or no one even replies, which is what happened with that one.....I love these posts, but some of you guys need to write a alittle more sensibily, I don't how many times I sit here laughing at some of the thoughts that are written and with such bad grammer, I certainly am not talking about you TV researcher (you are a legend here), but my sincere advice to you is if it is driving you that crazy, than stop, life is too short, also VHS seems kinda of a waste of time and would certainly take up too much shelf space, but maybe that isn't a problem with you........we have to give ION some credit for even testing Alice, a show that hasn't been seen in years.....the so called classic cable channels are a joke making eratic changes and just coping eachother, ION started that way with Green Acres but now is taking some real chances....everyone is all excited that What's Happening Now is coming to TV Land, let's face it they are running 12 episodes as a test at 7AM, what a bold move!, they actually give shows 3 days to be successful and they are then taken off! I'm surprised they don't actually cancel the show in the middle of the episode and put something elso on!...none of these channels have any balls....they just copy what other networks think are working...examples.....
GREEN ACRES works on TV Land, So Ion runs it
GROWING PAINS comes on ION, so Nick runs it
AMERICA FUNNIEST VIDEOS works on Family, so Nick runs it
FULL HOUSE works on Family, So Nick runs it
LITTLE HOUSE works on Hallmark, so TV Land runs it....
FRESH PRINCE works on Nick, so TBS runs it
the examples never stop......
hopefully ION after getting a shaky start will hopefully expand and give us some real gems we haven't seen in awhile.......

well I actually got off topic, but let's face it, we are all here because we love TV.....so lets get some real constructive comments to follow....

I bet the next post will be something like........I can't wait for "What's Happening Now" to come on TV land, again nothing personal to anyone who writes that but lets hear some well thought out opinions hopefully.

I've put out a challenge and to you my friend TV Researcher, whatever makes you happy......just do it!

This is the first time I ever saw a TV show on ANY CHANNEL with 4 commercial breaks-lol That doesn't even happen on my local CW channel
Old 04-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Solomiester, I would have told you that the editing wasn't all that. "E" was ten times worse when "Alice" aired on the network. Overall, the quality was flimsy with shaky closing credits and it looks like that the first season should be digitally remasterd. I will continue to tape on DVD but I knoe what to expect. It does get better in later years. "E" would just go to commercial during signicfant parts of the show. It was a mess!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Solomiester, I would have told you that the editing wasn't all that. "E" was ten times worse when "Alice" aired on the network. Overall, the quality was flimsy with shaky closing credits and it looks like that the first season should be digitally remasterd. I will continue to tape on DVD but I knoe what to expect. It does get better in later years. "E" would just go to commercial during signicfant parts of the show. It was a mess!

Did E! go to a commercial when the bell was ringing like ION did?-lol
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

At times, they would take a random commercial.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #11
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
No TV land has College Interns doing their editing-lol ION has snotty nose kids doing their cuts

LOL

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
This is the first time I ever saw a TV show on ANY CHANNEL with 4 commercial breaks-lol That doesn't even happen on my local CW channel
Actually lately there have been 3 breaks...it changes night to night....sometimes the first one comes about 7 minutes in, then another at 15 minutes in and the last at 24 minutes in...the breaks are definately long, the first is about 2:30 minutes, the middle and last being nearly 3:30 minutes!

making alice run at about 20:45 at the longest!
TeeVeeCloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Actually lately there have been 3 breaks...it changes night to night....sometimes the first one comes about 7 minutes in, then another at 15 minutes in and the last at 24 minutes in...the breaks are definately long, the first is about 2:30 minutes, the middle and last being nearly 3:30 minutes!

I hope ION never pick up one of my favorite shows-lol
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:

You are correct my dear friend. I checked that also. I think because the commercial breaks come at such awkward times, it seems like the time is edited, making it seem shorter. Back in the days, programs would end right at 25 minutes after the hour (for example Happy Days ended at 8:25) with abt three commercials shown til 8:30 came along and then Laverne and Shirley would start.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #15
Chuck89
Frequent Poster

I will only tape the episodes on ION that are not yet on In2TV. I think that they have up almost every episode from S1,except "The Accident" and "Mel's Happy Burger",various S2,S3,S4,S6 episodes(including "Guinness On Tap")and several S7,S8,2 S9 episodes and 1 episode from S5(with Jolene).
Hopefully In2TV will post more episodes soon,since they are uncut.
Chuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote