Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Without Roseanne is Official; Is a Revival of The Nanny in the Works?
Fri-Yay: Shows to Catch Up on This Summer; The Conners Coming to ABC Tuesdays This Fall
3rd Rock from the Sun Launches on Laff in July; The CW Fall 2018 Premiere Dates
NBC Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Season 4 of Bounce Sitcom Premieres July 2
The History of Comedy Returns to CNN; Showtime Gets First Late Night Talk Show
Showtime Gets Don Cheadle Comedy; HBO Special Directed by Jerrod Carmichael Coming Soon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 18, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Spinoff One Step Closer to Reality; Netflix to Air New Season of Lucifer
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Finally Finds Its Best Self; All About the Washingtons with Rev Run Coming to Netflix
Paramount Network Comedy Scores in Ratings; Stan Against Evil Returns on Halloween for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season Step by Step - The Complete First Season Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #61
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
I believe Craig faked it. I never bought his story.

I did feel bad for his wife, because she obviously did buy into amnesia. I wonder if after a few years whether she changed her opinion on what actually happened.
When I was younger, I thought the whole thing was legit. Like "Tyler." Now that I'm old and cynical, I feel differently about a lot of these type of cases.

I agree with you-- I think Craig faked it, too.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #62
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
When I was younger, I thought the whole thing was legit. Like "Tyler." Now that I'm old and cynical, I feel differently about a lot of these type of cases.

I agree with you-- I think Craig faked it, too.
I agree, too. He may have been mugged and had a head injury, but my guess is that he had a nervous breakdown over the debt he had incurred and decided to "amnesia" his way out of it.

I feel horrible for his poor ex-wife. She seems like a good person who really had her world turned upside down.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #63
Smoore01
First Time Poster

I wouldn't feel too bad for that particular ex-wife she wasn't as sweet and caring as she seemed on the show. As I recall (and it has been many years since I watched it) she made it seem as if she was the only person looking for him. She left out that he had 4 kids, 2 grandkids, an ex-wife, a brother and lots of other family and friends searching the entire west coast. Plastering flyers from northern Washington to Mexico. We knew he would head back to the ocean, with or without his memory, it's his first love and calls to his soul. Just didn't figure he would head east instead of west. I think being so far inland for so many years was actually killing him.
I remeber her saying on the show something to the affect that everyday was like a Honeymoon. Not much of a honeymoon when one of you sleeps on the couch every night (for years) because the other is "a light sleeper", at least that's my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she was/is a bad person, I'm just saying most people put their best face foward when they are on a TV show, and it's not always a completely honest face.

I remember when I saw the episode (it was one of the updates after he had been found) I was watching with my oldest child. I remember getting so angry at her while watching it. When they did the update at then end and showed his picture from when he was found my son asked me who that guy they were showing was, I said "I don't know, but it's not my Daddy. My Daddy looks like Santa Clause." I had never in my life seen him without a beard and moustache, so how anyone who didn't know him before he grew them recognized him is beyond me. Thankfully by the time he came home he was back to looking like Santa Clause.
Oh and just fyi, the car was rented when he got to town, before he went missing, so that he didn't have to drive the bus around town while he was there, also he often asked her to call and make sure he was up in the morning when he was out of town, so that was nothing new.
Craig still maintains his spotty version of the events. Ever since thus happened he gets severe headaches and has memory issues.

As for Christine, I don't know what happened to her after the divorce don't really care to. The time I spent with them in Wisconsin was enough Christine to last me a lifetime. Personally I think the are both idiots for getting married so quickly, it was quite a shock to everyone who knew him. I'm sure it was also quite a shock to everyone who knew her as well.

I don't know what really happened and probably never will. All I know was that it was very painful for everyone invovled, not just Christine and Craig, and we were all very happy to get him back. He was and still is a good man who worked hard his whole life and a good father. Maybe not the best husband, but also far from the worst.
Smoore01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #64
mikewho
Frequent Poster

Hard to know for sure but it seems like he faked it to just leave everything behind and start over completely.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #65
lashlarue
Occasional Poster

A lot of people seem to think that Craig faked the whole thing to get away from a marriage or financial commitment he no longer wanted to be a part of. That could very well be true, but what troubles me is if that was the case, why would he be the one to call UM? If it was his intentions to run away and start life anew, why call in and draw attention to yourself and possibly he found out on the hoax? It would seem to me he'd just keep going on with his life and keeping his fingers crossed no one recognized him from the program.
lashlarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #66
SomethingWilder
let's go home.
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlarue
A lot of people seem to think that Craig faked the whole thing to get away from a marriage or financial commitment he no longer wanted to be a part of. That could very well be true, but what troubles me is if that was the case, why would he be the one to call UM? If it was his intentions to run away and start life anew, why call in and draw attention to yourself and possibly he found out on the hoax? It would seem to me he'd just keep going on with his life and keeping his fingers crossed no one recognized him from the program.
Guilt made him call UM. I donít peg him as a terrible guy without a conscience, he just took a cowardly way to get out of an overwhelming situation. Iím guessing when he saw Unsolved Mysteries and how ultra ultra dedicated (or obsessed) his wife was with finding him, he felt somewhat guilty and decided to at least finally give her (and him) some closure.

I could be totally wrong, maybe the amnesia thing is true, and would feel bad if it was, but there are too many red flags here. If it really were amnesia, I just feel like he would have at least given The Fish Life another shot.
SomethingWilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #67
Mike82
Frequent Poster

I'm in the minority that believes "Tyler" (Arthur Paul Beal) but I don't believe Craig Williamson had amnesia for one second. It all just seemed WAY too convenient that he would end up alive and well so far from his home and how the couple split up shortly after.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote