Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 24, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Orders Multi-Camera Sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart and Sean Astin; Three New Seasons of Bob's Burgers on DVD
Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman is as Delightfully Sad as Ever in Season 5; The Guest Book Returns Oct. 23 on TBS with More Guests
The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #31
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Wasn't there an article that stated that Williamson's beard trimmings were found in his abandoned vehicle? Trying to alter your appearance is not the top on your list if you are suffering from amnesia. I think the fish farm (and the marriage) was a rushed, bad idea and Craig wanted out without hurting Christine's feelings.

I think that is exactly what happened.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #32
soundandvision
Frequent Poster

Default Thoughts

Just saw the case for the first time. Absolutely convinced he left her and it wasn't amnesia.

I'm dubious about most amnesia cases on UM but this one in particular just felt like he split.

Anyone unstable enough, at their age, to get married after ONE MONTH of knowing each other is definitely not the most dependable mate.
soundandvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #33
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

I'm bumping this because I thought this thread had a lot of interesting information about the case that I wasn't aware of before.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #34
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I wish we could rename this thread "Missing Fish Guy".
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #35
MegtheEgg86

Quote:

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

Here is an article on the fire. Unfortunately, and unless I missed something, I can't tell if it's the same fish farm that was owned by the Williamsons. I did email the newspaper; maybe we'll hear something back.

http://www.shawanoleader.com/content...r-clintonville
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #37
cordwainer1453
Frequent Poster

I always thought the lady in this segment was a little bit of a nut. I always got the feeling she called him 10 times a day when he wasn't right next to her, and did other things like that. This is based on her relentless pursuit of him after he went missing, and they knew each other how long? If that's the case, then I can kind of see why this guy wanted to ditch her.
cordwainer1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #38
Necco

Quote:

Hahahahaha. Fish Guy!
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #39
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordwainer1453
I always thought the lady in this segment was a little bit of a nut. I always got the feeling she called him 10 times a day when he wasn't right next to her, and did other things like that. This is based on her relentless pursuit of him after he went missing, and they knew each other how long?
I got kind of a similar feeling, too. She seemed like a nice enough lady, but I sensed that the marriage was maybe more than a little rushed, the tilapia operation was overwhelming (and fell through, eventually), and that Williamson was probably feeling more than a bit suffocated by all of it.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #40
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

While I do think the marriage was very rushed, you could sense that Christine really loved Fish Guy. That's what made what he did even more deplorable. I wonder if he ever reverted back to his original name after the update happened, and what became of both of them.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #41
justins5256

While I think the most likely scenario is that Williamson faked the amnesia to escape his marriage and lifestyle, I do still wonder about the Amtrak sighting. Do you guys think that was Williamson, someone else, or a fabrication in and of itself?

UM has really made me cynical of eyewitness accounts, and while I tend to think the woman interviewed (she was a nurse as I recall) did actually have this experience, I just don't believe she saw Craig Williamson.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #42
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
While I think the most likely scenario is that Williamson faked the amnesia to escape his marriage and lifestyle, I do still wonder about the Amtrak sighting. Do you guys think that was Williamson, someone else, or a fabrication in and of itself?

UM has really made me cynical of eyewitness accounts, and while I tend to think the woman interviewed (she was a nurse as I recall) did actually have this experience, I just don't believe she saw Craig Williamson.
I think it happened, but was someone other than fish guy (sorry, from here on out that's his name to me). On the Lifetime Stack reruns, this portion of the segment was completely taken out. Where was the Amtrak sighting at? According to this article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6277,8183858

He claims to have left from Wisconsin to Colorado on a business trip. He checked into a motel, and told Christine to call him the next morning to wake him up (red flag #1). When she called, he didn't answer so she called police. They found most of his belongings in his room, his van/bus was abandoned outside the motel. His credit cards were found on a shelf in a grocery store in Texas (red flag #2), and he also had a rental car (red flag #3) that was found in Mexico (red flag #4), with beard trimmings that matched him (red flag #5). He claims he was beaten and woke up in a hospital with the name tag "Ron". He didn't remember the name of the hospital or where it was located (red flag #6).

All of these red flags I've noted make me more suspicious of his story of amnesia. If he were truly attacked, somebody stole his credit cards, used them to get a rental car and nothing else, and then left them in a store in Texas before making it to Mexico. That doesn't make sense. No one is going to attack someone simply to use their credit cards to get a rental car. And they're certainly not going to trim his beard and plant them in the rental car before abandoning it.

ETA: I also found another article, http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...3&slug=1891084, which states that the couple dropped closed to a half a million dollars to start their fish farm. If the fish farm was faltering, this could also be a reason as to why he wanted to disappear. That article also mentions that his credit cards were left out in plain sight in the grocery store in Texas, as if someone wanted them to be found. The biggest kicker to me, is that if he indeed was suffering from amnesia, he obviously used the credit cards to obtain a rental car (his beard trimmings were confirmed to be his) and travel to Mexico to abandon it. And his rental car was found just over the Mexican border, meaning that beforehand he was in Texas as well. Coincidence? Had he really been suffering from amnesia, he obviously had his credit cards in his possession, so he would have known who he was all along! That second article is really sad because it shows how much Christine really did love and care for him.

Last edited by TheCars1986; 07-29-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
While I do think the marriage was very rushed, you could sense that Christine really loved Fish Guy. That's what made what he did even more deplorable. I wonder if he ever reverted back to his original name after the update happened, and what became of both of them.
I agree. She showed her true devotion by hopping in her car and traveling all over the place to find him and is probably one of my favorite interviewees on UM. I really hope she found someone special and is living happily today.

I'm still torn on Fish Guy ( ) I think it's probably the most likely scenario that he faked it. I think if he did, even to spare her feelings, that's just despicable. It's far better to be honest and come clean than have your spouse think anything under the sun could have happened to you.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #44
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love A Good Mystery
Here is an article on the fire. Unfortunately, and unless I missed something, I can't tell if it's the same fish farm that was owned by the Williamsons. I did email the newspaper; maybe we'll hear something back.

http://www.shawanoleader.com/content...r-clintonville
I heard back from the newspaper. It did not have any information to verify or discredit the idea that the farm that burned down, was the same one owned by Craig and Christine.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #45
Necco

Quote:
I think it happened, but was someone other than fish guy (sorry, from here on out that's his name to me). On the Lifetime Stack reruns, this portion of the segment was completely taken out. Where was the Amtrak sighting at? According to this article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6277,8183858
Wait. So you think there are TWO Fish Guys? Heartbreaker Fish Guy and Amtrak Fish Guy?

My god! Does this mean there's another Fish Guy out there still in need of help? Unsolved Mysteries needs to come back on the air and help Other Fish Guy (aka Amtrak Fish Guy) find his fish!!!!!

Necco is offline   Reply With Quote