Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Head of the Class links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Head of the Class Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Head of the Class

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman is as Delightfully Sad as Ever in Season 5; The Guest Book Returns Oct. 23 on TBS with More Guests
The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
realchic1999
Embrace nothingness!
Forum Regular

Default Ouch!!

Now, I know there are people who aren't big fans of the show (look at "Jump the Shark"), but I was shocked when I browsed through the Google groups a few days ago. I always thought that Khrystyne Haje was "untouchable," and that everyone liked her. But I found old groups that labeled her "annoying," "attractive but lousy actress," "aged hard," etc. Dag! I found things saying that Kimberly Russell had a "butta face, but a bangin' body!" Yuck!

People are mean!

"Do you have 50 cents for 75 cents?"
realchic1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:00 AM   #2
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

aww those people are jerks! Its sad that people have to be so mean and hurtful! But they don't know what they are missing - a truely great show with a wonderful cast!
musiclvr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
warsaw dreams
Forum Regular

Unhappy

I have to put up with my own family making fun of me because I like HotC! Hey, at least I have a hobby!
warsaw dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Charmedsclub
Eric loven Member
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Charmedsclub

Quote:
Originally posted by warsaw dreams
I have to put up with my own family making fun of me because I like HotC! Hey, at least I have a hobby!

Awww I know how you feel.

And I cant believe it! I alwayas thought she was kind of "untouchable" like you thought Dee...thats so odd!

"What was with the goth guy in the corner? And the trip to Paris - please"
Charmedsclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
realchic1999
Embrace nothingness!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Mine look at me as if I were nuts because I do. I get "why do you like that show so much?" and "Why are you so obsessed?"

Also, when I mentioned the petition to Ma, she did a pause and a double-take. (I think she was trying her hardest not to laugh).

And the show may have a mixed cast, but the show is mostly geared towards a majority audience, hence why I also get the eye rolls from my family.

And don't get me started about how they reacted to the Joher thing.
realchic1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #6
warsaw dreams
Forum Regular

I hear, "Isn't that the show with the geeks on it?" and "How can you like that fat guy on HotC? He's ugly!" That's why I like to come here and chat with other people who know it's okay to be obsessed with Head of the Class and won't make fun of me!!
And I don't know if the show was targeted towards a majority audience. I think alot of the humor was high brow so not everyone 'got it'. That's why I think those people have to pick on those of us who do get it!! (Does that make sense?)
warsaw dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
howierules86
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by realchic1999
Now, I know there are people who aren't big fans of the show (look at "Jump the Shark"), but I was shocked when I browsed through the Google groups a few days ago. I always thought that Khrystyne Haje was "untouchable," and that everyone liked her. But I found old groups that labeled her "annoying," "attractive but lousy actress," "aged hard," etc.
Don't worry, I still think Khrystyne Haje is the prettiest actress in the whole world (even if she's 18 years older than me and hasn't done much acting lately).
Old 10-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Well I am a big fan of The Hogan Family
Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
shiningstar75
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsaw dreams
I hear, "Isn't that the show with the geeks on it?" and "How can you like that fat guy on HotC? He's ugly!" That's why I like to come here and chat with other people who know it's okay to be obsessed with Head of the Class and won't make fun of me!!
And I don't know if the show was targeted towards a majority audience. I think alot of the humor was high brow so not everyone 'got it'. That's why I think those people have to pick on those of us who do get it!! (Does that make sense?)
Seriously? Someone didn't like Dennis because he wasn't cute? I dunno, maybe people think we're geeks because we do appreciate the sitcom, well, beats playing dumb like Maria did for Brad Pitt
shiningstar75 is offline   Reply With Quote