Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Stephen Colbert: "We are a feckless country" for taking immigrant kids from their par

...ents at the border

https://tvline.com/2018/06/14/stephe...nts-at-border/

The Late Show host played off of Samantha Bee's "feckless c*nt" controversy on Thursday night to blast the Trump administration's immigrant separation policy that has gathered more headlines in recent weeks. “We are a feckless… country," Colbert said. It was the separation policy that prompted Bee to call Ivanka Trump the C-word, but the Full Frontal host's comments got lost in her use of the vulgarity.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:28 AM   #2
SitcomsHeydayfan
Frequent Poster

There are hundreds of MILLIONS of poor kids worldwide!! So they should ALL come here?? Liberals forget we're a SOVEREIGN nation with a BORDER!! Plus these are Spanish speaking kids who would be better off in similar cultures like Mexico or Argentina.

Plus there's a lot of FRAUD going on here! ANYONE can just LIE & say they were threatened by gang members! Pro illegal alien activists coach them south of the border to LIE so they can get asylum!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
Babalu

I have a great idea. Why don't all those families stay together in mexico? They sneak into our country illegally to steal our welfare and healthcare, and then complain when we throw them out that we are separating them from their families. Only liberal logic can be that insanely illogical.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
JSP

I don't like the idea of separating children from their families, but I do like the idea of people being discouraged to emigrate to the U.S.

The U.S. is #3 on most populated countries in the world. We only have less people than China or India. Let's quit acting like we're not overpopulated and there's plenty of room in the inn.

We are overpopulated. Country's full. I hope our population declines, to be honest.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I don't like the idea of separating children from their families, but I do like the idea of people being discouraged to emigrate to the U.S.

The U.S. is #3 on most populated countries in the world. We only have less people than China or India. Let's quit acting like we're not overpopulated and there's plenty of room in the inn.

We are overpopulated. Country's full. I hope our population declines, to be honest.
I agree with this. I think what is happening is cruel by separating families but what should be happening is reuniting the families and deporting them. Might sound cruel but I am tired of people coming here who offer no valuable skill and then either take jobs from our most vulnerable or take welfare from others. This is a reality, these people don't offer a benefit. Not to mention they come here illegally to do so. We can't afford more people.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #6
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Location: Where we have the biggest failure of all time...at least with a mascot! I'm looking at you Chief Wahoo, who retires an unhappy mascot!
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
I agree with this. I think what is happening is cruel by separating families but what should be happening is reuniting the families and deporting them. Might sound cruel but I am tired of people coming here who offer no valuable skill and then either take jobs from our most vulnerable or take welfare from others. This is a reality, these people don't offer a benefit. Not to mention they come here illegally to do so. We can't afford more people.
Plus...Mexico has many cities that are almost in the developed process...Acapulco, Cancun, Puerto Vallerta, and other Mexican Cities that attract tourists can give many job hungry Mexicans employed. They can also have ESL classes in those cities as well.

And for the Arabians who are job-hungry...why not Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia or Dubai in the United Arab Emirates? Those too are major developing hubs where many tourists visit.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #7
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland View Post
Plus...Mexico has many cities that are almost in the developed process...Acapulco, Cancun, Puerto Vallerta, and other Mexican Cities that attract tourists can give many job hungry Mexicans employed. They can also have ESL classes in those cities as well.

And for the Arabians who are job-hungry...why not Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia or Dubai in the United Arab Emirates? Those too are major developing hubs where many tourists visit.
That would work for them in many cases. I did read though that many of these undocumented people are low skilled and not sure if these jobs would help them. Not that I'm making excuses (I'm not and don't more people here) but I wonder. Part of me wonders if they come here strictly for welfare or better jobs, I'm trying not to be cynical.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #8
DadTheKing

I guess the word of the day for liberals is "feckless" A word that has not been used since the 1800's in America. Are they running out of insults to heap on Trump and his followers? BTW If those people are real refugees, why don't Mexico tale them? They speak the same dam language!!! This is all lib BS
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
Foggy

So...taking kids from their parents at the boarder makes us a "feckless country," after the parents brought their kids through dangerous territory to get here and to cross into this country "illegally" breaking our laws.

In this country that would be considered "CHILD ABUSE" by endangering the lives of the child and teaching the child to "break the law" of the country, by entering illegally. This alone would be enough to remove the child from the care of the parents in this country.

Compare this to when "Homeschooling" began back in the 80's it was a crime where parents could be charged and sent to jail (and yes some were) just for "homeschooling" their kids. Or even when children would make claims of "child abuse" and be removed, because they had to do chores or were being force to go to church with their parents, or because the kids got spank, not beaten just spank.

A lot of kids were removed from their parents for these reasons and more,
yet we weren't considered to be a "feckless country" at that time.

So, why should we be a feckless country when immigrants come with their kids to our country illegally, by breaking our law and their kids are taking away?
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote