Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

General Dramas Questions and Discussion / Current Dramas/Dramedies Boards / Classic Dramas/Comedies Boards / Current Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries / Classic Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Dramas Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
tnawcwvictoriafa
Forum Regular

Default abc family; is it a good network for family or should they do better?

Well folks, I like to talk about something that is near to my heart:

Now, CBN Founder Pat Robertson introduced a Family Network called The CBN Satellite Network which went on the air in 1977

The Network has aired classic shows as well as Game Shows and even The 700 Club, and in 1988, it was later renamed The Family Channel and it was run by IFC-International Family Entertainment

10 years later, Pat Robertson and his son Tim Former Host of The NEW 700 Club in 1988 sold IFE to Fox Kids Worldwide and the network was renamed FFC-Fox Family Channel and they produced more originals and classic shows for the whole family

But, 10 years ago in 2001, Fox sold The Family Channel to Disney and it is now renamed abc family

They continued airing classic and brand new shows, however, abc family received critisism by many people for producing shows that are not family-friendly

Shows like Grounded for Life, Greek, Kyle XY and even showing some movies that were rated TV-14

But these days, abc family continues to air Infomercials as well as Christian Programs like Joel Osteen, Life Today, Joyce Meyer, Inspiration Today, Living the Life and CBN's The 700 Club

and they also show classic family programming like Sister, Sister, Family Matters and the ever popular Full House as well as 8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter

But there are many people who are not happy w/abc family taking off some of the classic family shows like Step By Step and Boy Meets World in favor of more original programming that are not family-friendly

and so guys, let me ask you this:

Is abc family a good network for family or should they do better?

Should they go back to being more family-friendly instead of showing more raunchyness?

and plus, which classic or brand new originals would you like to see them bring back?

THAT'S THE QUESTION!

Please share your thoughts and opinions on this

Well just so you know:

2 of my co-workers @ school who I talked to said that they're not happy w/what abc family is showing

and also, one of them said that abc family doesn't sound like a good family network to her and the other one said that she would not let her children watch some of the shows on abc family that are not family-friendly

Thank You Bret Hart and Eve Torres for shutting up Michael Cole

Lisa Marie Varon, Lisa Moretti, Jazz, Lilian Garcia & Dawn Marie
The Fab 5-Underrated, but AWESOME in my book

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP

Last edited by tnawcwvictoriafa : 01-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
howierules86
Forum Veteran

I saw ABC Family has the reruns of That '70s Show now, which are always welcome in my house. Also, I still watch the Gilmore Girls reruns from time to time as well.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

I think ABC family needs to step up the game. Some stuff on there is a tad bit racy. The show "Suburgatory" will be a problem is it ever makes it on there.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

i don't think a show has to be rated "G" to be family friendly - but it depends on your family I suppose.

maybe if they reduced some of the racier stuff, cut back on the religious programming and infomercials and showed some more older, classic sitcoms (which are usually MORE family friendly than anything else) they would be better.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
mets82

I think ABC Family needs a couple of more shows. They show the same stuff over and over again. I think they burned out 8 Simple Rules, My Wife and Kids etc. As far as Suburgatory goes, I dont think its that racy to be honest. I think That 70s Show is far more racier. Why thats on ABC Family, I'll never know.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
mets82

Also, forgot to mention there "ABC Family Originals" shows are very racy and really doesnt fit ABC Family.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Blackout
yo mama's pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Also, forgot to mention there "ABC Family Originals" shows are very racy and really doesnt fit ABC Family.
for sure

but disney fam was the same thing if i recall
Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
TMC

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycot...1730499?ref=ts

This link up above is just "food for thought", although I didn't at all, create it!