Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Returns on TBS with New Episodes; Brady Bunch HGTV Series Underway
WLNY's The Odd Couple Marathon on New Year's; ABC Orders More Episodes of Most Comedies
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #271
Dork
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
yes, Janice, unfortunetaly, again. I wasn't surprised though, since she said she's from the U.S. but is now living and working in Nigeria; which is a "hot spot" for internet scams. Also her reason for going there didn't make sense and she said she wants to come back to the U.S. but needs $400. She said she'd never ask me for it, but then she asked me for part of it. I said she could go to the U.S. embassy (which you can-they lend money to stranded travelers overseas) and gave her their phone number & e-mail, but she said they can't help financally, which sounded like she's trying to hide something and was afraid they'd find out, so because of all that I conducted a backround check on her. It cost me $340 but it waas well worth it.

Now I've met someone else, and I also did a backround check on her, but thankfully she checks out.
You paid $340 to do a background check on her? Dude, you could have done it for FREE!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #272
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork
You paid $340 to do a background check on her? Dude, you could have done it for FREE!
yes, but like I said before the price was well worth it!

Besides, I haven't found a site that'll do an INTERNATIONAL one for free. Can you give me a link to one?

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #273
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

thank you, Tara, I will
Old 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #274
Dork
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
thank you, Tara, I will
Do you really need a girl? You have friends and family that will not make you lonely
Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #275
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork
Do you really need a girl? You have friends and family that will not make you lonely
He shouldn't give up. Just because he's run into a few bad apples don't try to make him think that the whole concept of romance should be avoided.

Your family and friends can only provide so much comfort. They love you, certainly, but when you are an adult and living on your own, everyone else usually has families of their OWN that occupy most of their time. For all you know, his family might not even live close to him...for that matter he may not even have much.

Joe, I would encourage you to keep the hope of romance alive, while being very cautious about who you hook up with. Keep your standards high, don't feel "less than" anyone else just because you are single, enjoy your own company when you can, and have confidence that there is someone out there who will appreciate and be drawn to you for the right reasons, not for shady ones. It's a big world and everybody needs love. The important thing to realize, IMO, is that even if you don't have love right now, you DESERVE to have it.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #276
Dork
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
He shouldn't give up. Just because he's run into a few bad apples don't try to make him think that the whole concept of romance should be avoided.

Your family and friends can only provide so much comfort. They love you, certainly, but when you are an adult and living on your own, everyone else usually has families of their OWN that occupy most of their time. For all you know, his family might not even live close to him...for that matter he may not even have much.

Joe, I would encourage you to keep the hope of romance alive, while being very cautious about who you hook up with. Keep your standards high, don't feel "less than" anyone else just because you are single, enjoy your own company when you can, and have confidence that there is someone out there who will appreciate and be drawn to you for the right reasons, not for shady ones. It's a big world and everybody needs love. The important thing to realize, IMO, is that even if you don't have love right now, you DESERVE to have it.
He can love himself, it is true
Old 10-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #277
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
Dude, Joe is a good person, and a friend of mine. He deserves to have someone special in his life.

Joe, never give up, sweetie. I hope and pray, that you will meet someone to share your life with.
AWWWW!!!! Thank you Tara sweetie, that's so nice!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #278
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life

thank you. As I said before, at 54 years old I'm tired of never having a woman. (I had one in the early 80s, but the relationship wasn't very good)
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #279
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

would you believe it's happened AGAIN? At least, I think so-I REALLY hope not, though.
The girl I said I did a background check on, and she was ok? Well, now, after she said she'd never ask me for money, she has! But, when I told her I couldn't she let the issue drop.

THAT'S IT!!! From now on EVERY woman I meet on-line, no matter where they're from, or how sincere they sound, even if they don't ask me for money, they're getting a THOROUGH, 100%background check!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #280
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Unhappy

it's starting to look more and more like I'm right about her and she IS a fraud! I haven't been able to get hold of her for 3 days now. I keep leaving messages for her on Yahoo IM when it tells me that she's on-line, but she never answers me. I did it again tonight, then 10 minutes later, it said that she went off-line.
DAMN!!! I really thought that she was finally "that special one"

WHY, oh why am I having such bad luck meeting women on-line? Other people have sucsess at it; why can't I!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #281
AB
Supernatural - Dean Winchester
Forum Celebrity

^ Sorry you're having a rough time with the dating scene, try not to give up on it.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #282
AB
Supernatural - Dean Winchester
Forum Celebrity

My husband dropped my cell phone on the patio & broke it. He bought me a new one but the letters & numbers that show up on the screen are so tiny that I have to put on my reading glasses to see them. I miss my old cell phone.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #283
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
it's starting to look more and more like I'm right about her and she IS a fraud! I haven't been able to get hold of her for 3 days now. I keep leaving messages for her on Yahoo IM when it tells me that she's on-line, but she never answers me. I did it again tonight, then 10 minutes later, it said that she went off-line.
DAMN!!! I really thought that she was finally "that special one"

WHY, oh why am I having such bad luck meeting women on-line? Other people have sucsess at it; why can't I!!!
I am so sorry Joe.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #284
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

-

Last edited by Family Ties Forever!; 12-14-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #285
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Next semester I have to repeat a previous class again.

Thats reality I guess.
Closed Thread