Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Unhappy Bride dies just hours after getting married

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reception.html

Tragedy as bride, 25, dies just hours after getting married when husband, 27, loses control of sports car while leaving reception

A bride has been killed just hours after her vows after her husband lost control of their car, sending it hurtling off the highway and ejecting her from the passenger seat.

Kali Dobson, 25, was next to her new husband, 27-year-old Ryan Quinton, as he drove the Pontiac Firebird from their reception at Wheeler House in Ball Ground, Georgia on Sunday night.

At around 8.30pm, Quinton lost control of the vehicle, which careened down an embankment and ejected Dobson, who was not wearing a seatbelt.

The vehicle came to a stop on top of the bride, according to Franka Young, the spokeswoman for the Georgia Department of Public Safety. She died at the scene of the accident.

Quinton later told authorities that he lost control of the vehicle after swerving to avoid a dog in the road, the Marietta Daily Journal reported.

After the crash, he ran to the road where, with his clothes torn and covered in blood, he flagged down help.

Chris Thomas told Channel 2 that he was driving along Ball Ground Highway when he spotted Quinton wearing a shredded tuxedo and stumbling along the road.

'His shirt was all torn up and he was bleeding,' he said. 'He had blood all over his face and blood coming out of his hands and stuff and just looked bad. And it scared me to death.'

He comforted the sobbing man as they waited for emergency responders. He held the Quinton's hands and they prayed together.

'There was nothing that could be done,' Thomas said after returning to the crash site. 'The car was on top of her. You couldn't even see her.'

Quinton was taken to hospital, where he continues to recover from his injuries. It is not known if he was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

Authorities took a blood sample and are investigating whether alcohol was a factor in the crash. The newlyweds had celebrated with family and friends at their reception before getting into the car.

Any charges in the tragedy with depend on the results of the blood test, the Georgia State Patrol said.

'Blood was drawn to determine if alcohol was a contributing factor,' Young said. 'The crash is still under investigation. Charges are pending.'

After the tragedy, distraught friends and family visited the spot where Dobson had lost her life.

'Some bridesmaids showed up and then things got really, really sad and hopeless for a minute,' witness Chris Thomas told Fox5. 'It was horrible all the way around. And tragic.

'Me and my wife were discussing it, and I said, "I bet it was the most beautiful day of her life".

'What should have been the greatest, most beautiful day of their lives is the end of one and what could very well be something hard for this young man to get over. I pray that he will.'

Friends and relatives expressed their heartbreak on Facebook pages and shared photos of the couples grinning and dancing at the reception just hours before the tragedy.

Patsy Jordan, a Cherokee School Board member, who once worked with Dobson’s mother, told the Marietta Daily Journal that the community is stunned by the tragedy.

'It’s traumatic,' Jordan said. 'Just to think she just got married and started on her beautiful journey of life and it just ended so suddenly. It was just hard to wrap my brain around something like that.'

Jordan said she Dobson, who had sisters and was close to her new sister-in-law, had a beautiful singing voice.

'Kali was just an absolutely beautiful, beautiful girl,' she said.

Nearby Wheeler House, which held the couple's wedding and their reception, passed on their thoughts to the heartbroken families.

'Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dobson and Quinton families,' the company wrote on its Facebook page. 'May Kali and the love this beautiful couple shared never be forgotten.'

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

This story is heartbreaking. The bride looked so happy and beautiful in the wedding photos (in the above link). I hope the groom wasn't intoxicated. That would be a double tragedy. I can't help but wonder if she would be alive if she was wearing her seatbelt. She was ejected from the car, and it landed on her.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

What a horrible tragic accident. Just awful in so many ways. Poor guy and the families. I saying a prayer for them to find some measure of peace and comfort from this horrific tragedy.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Vahan

When I'm riding in a car, I ALWAYS make it a point to have my seat belt on, as well as with everyone else involved. Regardless of how long or short the drive is.

That said, what a sad, sad, story this is.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

That's a shame!
Nighthawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Such a tragedy.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Default So Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
This story is heartbreaking. The bride looked so happy and beautiful in the wedding photos (in the above link). I hope the groom wasn't intoxicated. That would be a double tragedy. I can't help but wonder if she would be alive if she was wearing her seatbelt. She was ejected from the car, and it landed on her.
I agree. It's heartbreaking. It's so important to wear a seatblet. What a terrible memory the husband has to live with.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
Lee
veteran member

You should read some of the comments at the original article-some people
are accusing the groom of driving drunk when the official report is not in
yet, while some are saying he should have hit the dog instead of swerving
to save it. What does it matter what he should have done? The tragedy
has happened and this man will have to live with whatever happens, so
let the poor woman rest in peace!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #9
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

What a horrific tragedy....
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #10
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1704309

Georgia groom charged with killing wife in drunken crash hours after wedding

Ryan Quinton, 28 was allegedly drunk Dec. 29 when he wrecked his Pontiac Firebird only hours after he tied the knot with Kali Dobson, 25. Quinton originally told officers he swerved to avoid a dog in the roadway.

By Sasha Goldstein / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

A Georgia man has been charged with killing his newlywed in a December drunken driving crash — only hours after the two tied the knot.

Ryan Quinton, 28, originally told cops he’d seen a dog on a rural highway when he swerved out of the way and lost control of his Pontiac Firebird, ejecting 25-year-old Kali Dobson from the car. The vehicle came to rest in an embankment, on top of the blond-haired newlywed.

Tests showed Quinton had a 0.114 blood-alcohol level, above the state’s .08 limit.

Quinton, of Jasper, was booked at the Cherokee Adult Detention Center on Wednesday and charged with DUI, weaving over a roadway, reckless driving and vehicular homicide.

He was later released on a $25,000 bond, Lt. Jay Baker told the Daily News.

The tragic crash happened only hours after the couple married earlier in the day at the Wheeler House on Gilmer Ferry Road, where the happy couple also had their wedding reception.

Afterwards, an allegedly drunken Quinton got behind the wheel and took off down Ball Ground Highway. After the crash, Quinton staggered away from the scene and flagged down a bystander for help.

“His shirt was all torn up and he was bleeding,” the witness, Chris Thomas, told WSBTV. “He had blood all over his face and blood was coming out of his hands and stuff and just looked bad. And it scared me to death.”

Thomas said he called 911 while trying to comfort the wailing groom, who desperately wanted to save his wife. The pretty young bride died at the scene.

“There was nothing that could be done,” Thomas recalled. “The car was on top of her. You couldn’t even see her.” Quinton was taken to Northside Hospital-Cherokee in Canton and recovered from his injuries. Thomas said several guests from the wedding stopped at the scene after the wreck in disbelief.

“And then things got really, really sad and hopeless for a minute,” he told Fox 5 News. “It was horrible all the way around. And tragic.” Her obituary described Dobson as an orthodontic assistant who loved music. Thomas said he could only imagine how happy the same people were just hours before.

“Me and my wife were discussing it, and I said, ‘I bet it was the most beautiful day of her life,’” Thomas said.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #11
Vahan

What a stupid nitwit the Groom is. That's all I've got to say.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
Dude111

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1704309

Georgia groom charged with killing wife in drunken crash hours after wedding
Im sorry but WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!

Poor girl....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

That's a terrible way to die. He will have to live with the consequences of drinking and driving forever.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #14
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
Im sorry but WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!

Poor girl....
She wasn't wearing her seatbelt. They were both idiots.