Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week
MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule; Disney Channel Posts Strong Ratings on Friday with Girl Meets World and Original Movie
Soap, Happy Endings on Logo; SNL Saturday Marathon on TV Land
Summer 2014 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Hosting Gig for Craig Ferguson; Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New DVDs from Mill Creek
Preview NBC's New Comedy A to Z Before Premiere; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 18, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Unhappy Oscar winner Judi Dench is Going Blind

Yesterday, Dame Judi Dench, the British actress perhaps best known as M from the James Bond series, granted an interview to the Mirror where she spoke of being diagnosed with macular degeneration and admitted she even struggles to read her scripts or make out the faces of people standing right in front of her. At one point she even told her interviewer, "I canít see your face at all now, but I can see your outline." The actress, currently working on her seventh James Bond pic Skyfall, set to release later this year, has learned to cope though. "You get used to it," she says, mentioning how her daughter often helps her memorize her lines, adding that, "Iíve got lenses and glasses and things and very bright light helps. I can do a crossword if itís bright sunshine but if a cloud comes out the next minute I canít see anything." So for the sake of Judi Dench, we think cloudy days should be phased out.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/dame-...ing-blind.html

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 02-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Hollywood Swingin'

Oh my God, that's just awful. She seems to be taking it in stride. She is a class act with or without her vision.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
dakert

No offense to Dame Judi but is anyone else hearing the KISS song?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
Edison
Frequent Poster

Heart

Forever a vision to me since I first saw her on TV...
Attached Images
File Type: png Judy Dench as Titania.png (162.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Thought Judi Dench Diagnosed with Degenerative Eye Condition, Says She's Not Going Blind

Dame Judi Dench has been diagnosed with macular degeneration, an eye condition, but she assures that it will not lead to blindness.

In an interview published in the Daily Mirror Saturday, the 77-year-old Oscar winner, whose mother had macular degeneration as well, says that she needs help memorizing lines because of the condition, which is characterized by damage to the retina.

"I can't read scripts anymore because of the trouble with my eyes," she says. "And so somebody comes in and reads them to me, like telling me a story. It's usually my daughter or my agent or a friend and actually I like that, because I sit there and imagine the story in my mind. ... The most distressing thing is in a restaurant in the evening, I can't see the person I'm having dinner with."

Dench, who has undergone treatment, downplayed the severity on Monday after numerous outlets reported that she was going blind.

"In response to the numerous articles in the media concerning my eye condition ó macular degeneration ó I do not wish for this to be overblown," she said in a statement. "This condition is something that thousands and thousands of people all over the world are having to contend with, and it's something that I have learnt to cope with and adapt to ó and it will not lead to blindness."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Judi-Den...ileid=breaking