Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 21, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Looking Back at the Upfronts; Fresh Off the Boat and Last Man Standing DVDs Arriving on Tuesday
Fri-Yay: How Did Sitcoms Fare at the Upfronts?
The CW Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Freeform 2018 Upfront
CBS Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; The Detour Back for Season 4 on TBS
ABC Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; MeTV Acquires The Jeffersons and Charlie's Angels
Fox Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Raven's Home Returns June 25 on Disney
NBC Upfront 2018-19: Fall 2018 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 14, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC to Air Brooklyn Nine-Nine Next Season as Fox Appears to Move in New Direction; New Perfect Strangers DVDs Coming Soon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April/May)

Atlanta - The Complete First Season Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season

03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
05/08 - Dear White People - Season 1
05/08 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Final (Eighth) Season
05/29 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 1
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday

Cool What are the odds?

Taking bets on whether or not tomorrow's 3 pm Hazel will be the missing "License To Wed". Zap 2 It says no, Titan says yes. It was Titan I followed last time which listed it then as being shown when in fact it wasn't. This caused me to enter the wrong title for that episode's recording. I'm betting Titan will be wrong again and it won't be "License To Wed" again. I don't know why ANT-TV can't play this episode, I recorded it years ago from WOR & Fam channel, so what's ANT-TV's problem with it? Maybe Columbia needs to borrow my tape.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
CaliforniaKid
Frequent Poster

I say no it wont be shown, my guide shows Hazels Tax Deduction and Mr.B on the Bench.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
retroTVfan4ever

I have this episode uncut from 16mm film. Antenna TV hasn't aired the syndicated version because it's supposedly in rough shape.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Ronny G
Forum Regular

Sony is going to need to restore that episode if Shout still plans on releasing the second season, or maybe you should contact them and make a deal$$$
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny G
Sony is going to need to restore that episode if Shout still plans on releasing the second season, or maybe you should contact them and make a deal$$$

This has happened before, like the time when someone had an uncut episode of Father Knows Best for the season 1 DVD. Not a bad idea.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Hazel Anyday

For accuracy, the "License To Wed" episode is supposedly to be shown today (5/19) at 3 pm, it's also scheduled to be played on Sunday 5/29. This is according to the Titan TV website. But as I said before, this is the same site that told me "Lis. To Wed" was going to be broadcast the last time it was scheduled, and it wasn't. So they're probably wrong again. But as of 3 today, we'll know. I set my recorder today just in case it shows up. Using DVD-Ram disc though so I can erase it if it's not.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Ronny G
Forum Regular

They're showing it right now!!!
Am curious to see if it will be uncut.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Hazel Anyday

Biggrin

Yahooo, great news!! I can't wait to get home to transfer it to regular Hazel disc. I'm relieved.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
Ronny G
Forum Regular

More great news!
It was indeed uncut: 25 mins 30 secs. They showed the teaser before the opening credits AND included the lady with the torch ending with the announcer saying, "This has been a screen gems production!!!"
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
Hazel Anyday

Oh man, that's fantastic! This will be even better than the versions I have from the old WOR & FAM channels. A wish come true for ANT TV to show UNCUT Hazel's.

Maybe there'll be a miracle and when Hazel is shown at 2 am ANT will start showing all uncut episodes instead of the edit versions. Less commercial time needed at 2 am, is my theory why it might possibly come true. I can dream can't I?
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny G
More great news!
It was indeed uncut: 25 mins 30 secs. They showed the teaser before the opening credits AND included the lady with the torch ending with the announcer saying, "This has been a screen gems production!!!"

Sounds like Sony restored the episode and supplied Antenna TV with the uncut version, not an edited version usually seen in syndication. Whenever Shout Factory issues the 2nd season DVD, hopefully all the episodes will be complete and unedited.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
Robert 13

This is great news, even though I don't have Antenna TV. It may be a sign that the Season 2 set is closer than we think. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

- Dolcenera
Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
Maybe there'll be a miracle and when Hazel is shown at 2 am ANT will start showing all uncut episodes instead of the edit versions. Less commercial time needed at 2 am, is my theory why it might possibly come true. I can dream can't I?

If Sony were to supply Antenna TV with all uncut Hazels, then that's what would be shown it wouldn't matter what time of day PM or AM. As of right now, Antenna TV has aired edited Hazels outside of a couple unusual exceptions. But I guess there's always a chance at some point Antenna TV might get the unedited versions and air them, as long as the program is still on the schedule.