Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #31
Anon Steve
Occasional Poster

More details from The Boston Globe:

Quote:
On Feb. 20, 1981, Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, 19, moved almost 1,000 miles west to Elm Grove, Wis., where he married a US citizen, Amy Jersild, 22, in a civil ceremony at the Dane County courthouse in Madison, records show. After that point, he obtained a green card, granting him legal residency in the United States.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ing/?page=full
Anon Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #32
crystaldawn

I'm trying to make sense of how things occurred with John and Linda Sohus and why. I'm curious if Chichester was friends with the Sohuses. UM never really mentions what type of relationship they had, just said he lived at the guest house on the property. I would assume that this talk about this government job was a story that Chichester made up and they bought into..but why? What reason would Chichester have to get them out of the area? The only thing I can think of is he had some designs of scamming Dede Sohus, possibly even wanting to obtain her house. He apparently also told Dede this elaborate story about them being on a secret mission and convinced her to hand over their mail to them. With by all accounts her being an alcoholic and probably not thinking clearly very often I would guess it was probably easy to get her to believe his wild stories. It would seem that Chichester's plan for the Sohuses was quite elaborate and well planned. I do think he forced Linda to write out these postcards early on that he would then arrange to have mailed from other countries to throw anyone off who thought they were missing due to foul play.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #33
joetnymedic
Frequent Poster

I don't think his plan was to get the house. I think he led Linda on, Killed John, they both took off and when he didn't need her or want her anymore, he killed her too. Think about it, She had proof he murdered John, she could blow his cover under his alias, she was a libility, with her removed from the equation, a great deal of his problems were taken care of too. The only thing in where did he dump the body. As for the postcards; he could have had her write them, sent them to a mail forwarding service as they are everywhere and effectively made it look like Linda and John were in France. Excuse me if I'm wrong but even in the 80's you should have needed a passport to leave and enter the country. So somewhere there has to be a record of them going to Paris or not going. I know computers back then were really outdated by todays standards, but I wonder if they can still look them up or if they even have.
joetnymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #34
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

This is wild...I'm loving all of these new developments!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #35
joetnymedic
Frequent Poster

OK So his family in Germany has now identified Rockefeller as Christopher Karl Gergartsreiter. They also gave the info that he left Germany for the U.S. in 1979. In addition, earler reports that while he was in CT he did not leave a footprint are now in question as he supposably appears in the Berlin High School Class of 1981 yearbook and it bears his signature under his German name. The school claims it has the yearbook in it's library. Also one of the Savio's, the family he stayed with in Berlin,CT states that Mrs. Savio drove Rockefeller or whoever is is to the CT DMV. He obtained a drivers license under the name Reiter after he convinced DMV officials that his last name was mistakenly put together with his middle name on his passport. In addition, he appearently borrowed a friends "Rockefeller" style appartment to throw a party where he woo'd Sandra Boss. At this same party he was approached by a gentleman who claimed that he knew David Rockefeller and Crockefeller stated that he was one of the poor Rockefellers. There's alot more info I've been getting today too. All I can say about this guy, well I can say 2 things. 1. Sandra, Reigh and his first Wife Amy Jersild Duhnke are real luck to be alive with this clown and 2. "oh what a tangled web we weave".
I'm getting more info constantly so if anyone wants you guys can email me at: joetnymedic@aol.com if I have any other info, I'll get it to you.

Joe
Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #36
James T

Hooray for Harold Lloyd.

James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #37
McFly121
Forum Regular

That was the craziest thing! I'm watching Inside Edition yesterday, and they put up this Rockefeller's photo and I just blurt out, "Ha, looks like Christopher Chichester." The person I was watching Inside Edition with -- and not a UM fan -- naturally says, "Who????" I just laughed it off like, "Never mind, old Unsolved Mysteries reference". Then seconds later that say Christopher Chichester! I was like HOLY MACKINOLIE! Then they even showed the pics of the Sohus' waving inside their car just like UM used.

Toooo nutty.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #38
crystaldawn

I was just reading in an article that John Sohus was adopted so its probably going to be impossible for them to positively identify the remains as being his through dna. I remember the UM segment said there were no dental records to compare to.

I'm curious what happened to the remains? They seemed quite certain that they are John's so does that mean the remains were turned over to the family for burial or that they're in a police department somewhere in the evidence room.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #39
Rieder
Frequent Poster

John Sohus was adopted. Authorities are having difficulties locating his next of kin. Its vital when there are no dental records. A reverse paternity test will require a blood relative to determine his remains.
Rieder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #40
DP1
Forum Regular

It's amazing when a living person can't be identified nowadays with all the security agencies and various records.
DP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #41
suebee
Occasional Poster

Unhappy John & Linda Sohus

I knew them both....Linda was my best friend since we were both 13. She met John in 1982, they got married in my home in 1983. They were very happy together; Linda had just sold her first art pieces after a showing in greater LA 2 months before their disappearance. I didn't know much about John other than he was quiet and very loving & supportive around Linda, they were perfect for each other. I did know he was adopted and his older (?):confused halfbrother Harry had left the family several years before and did not have any contact with he & John's adoptive mother, or with John either. I found out after the bones were discovered that he had never gone to the dentist, so there were no dental records to access. Now there is DNA, and if they can find a blood relative of his they can ascertain those are his remains for sure. I believe they are. As for Linda, I have no idea where she is and have never heard from her after their disappearance. Her sis and I were
the only people who suspected foul play; but since I was not a family member I could not pursue it. So Kathy did; she listed Linda as a Missing Person a few months after their disappearance; his adoptive mother did the same for John. His adoptive mom died in 1988 I believe, and she was divorced from the adoptive dad so there was no one to continue the story other than Kathy & me. Eventually, after the discovery of the remains in 94, Kathy & I were each approached by Unsolved Mysteries, and we helped with the investigation, and that episode aired in 1995.

I've seen the postcards and I don't think that's her writing, but its been many years. All I want to know is WHY did all this happen???? And I want closure! I dream about Linda all the time, and after 23 years I would like to know what happened to two dear friends...
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #42
Necco

Welcome, Suebee!
I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. If I may ask, did you ever meet 'Chichester'? If so, do you think he and Rockefeller are the same man? All signs seem to point to that fact, but I was wondering what your gut told you about him.
-Necco
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #43
joetnymedic
Frequent Poster

Default pictures

I'm putting probably the earliest photo of rockefeller out there from a german newspaper. also here are some pics of his home in germany.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #44
suebee
Occasional Poster

Default Chichester knowledge?

I never met this person (whoever he is called), but there was a reference to him from Linda herself back in 1983. I was at their home in San Marino (that very house), on 4th of July, for a backyard BBQ and then over to see the fireworks at the Rose Bowl. We were in the backyard and I mentioned how cool it was to have a "mother-in-law" house in the back (the very same place that eventually would have copious bloodstains uncovered by the detectives working on the mysterious bones case). Then I asked if anyone was living there, and Linda mentioned that it was a "creepy" guy and she didn't like him very much so she just plain avoided him. She never mentioned his name, but I'm assuming it's the same Chichester that was later on to live there and disappear.
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:22 AM   #45
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee
Then I asked if anyone was living there, and Linda mentioned that it was a "creepy" guy and she didn't like him very much so she just plain avoided him.
That confirms my suspicion it wasn't a love triangle. IMO, the authorities are way off on that. This is a double murder. There's much less to explain regarding location of a second body than if the two of them set off together.

There are many ways to fake a postcard, particularly if you don't send it for months/years.

If John's dead but Linda is still around, they've got to disappear quickly and/or come up with some bizarre rationale for him being gone. Meanwhile, I read one article tonight with a friend of Chichester saying the last time she saw him was playing Trivial Pursuit in the Sohus backyard, with clear evidence the backyard had been dug up. Sounds like the deed had been done and he was confident planting the secret mission story with the mother would buy some time. It creates instant suspicion if he's gone immediately.

The atypical problem in this case is the guy is not a murderer or criminal at base instinct. That's not his game. It happens sometime. He's a tall tale con man. I wonder if the authorities spent too much time looking for a murderer?
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote