Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy in Color on Dec. 14; The CW Sets January 2019 Premiere Dates
getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Vanessa Bayer Set to Co-Create and Star in Showtime Comedy; Orange is the New Black Sequel in Discussions
Fri-Yay: When Is It Time to Stop Looking at Live Ratings?; NBC Sets and Shifts January 2019 Lineup
COZI TV's Unexpected Guests Thanksgiving Marathon; ABC Tuesday Comedies Get Full Seasons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
crystaldawn

Here's a link to another article with side by side photos of Christopher Chichester and Clarke Rockefeller. The resemblance is uncanny.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...stPop_Emailed4
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #17
Necco

Wow.
Same MO. Same nose. Hairline consistent with aging. Same AWFUL taste in glasses. Looks like a winner to me!
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
joetnymedic
Frequent Poster

let's see:
1. looks the same
2. uses several aliases
3. likes to hang out with the upscale crowd
4. while living in mass and nh, told people he did work for the govt (john and linda were supposably on a top secret "mission" for the govt.
5. finger prints match
6. chichester disappears in 1993, rockefeller appears 1994
7. here's an iteresting little note. rockefeller has a close friend who is a pediatrician in ny and she lives in-you guessed it greenwich, ct
8. chichester tried to unload the truck in greenwich
9. early in the rockefeller investigation authorities mentioned that rockefeller or could be an alias used by him was supposably issued a social security number in CT
10. chichester disappears, rockefeller appears, rockefeller disappears, chip smith appears.

can ya feel me - guilty as charged. only thing missing is where is linda?
joetnymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #19
Fascinating
Occasional Poster

Linda's gotta be dead. Poor woman, all these years people thought she ran off with Chichester
Fascinating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Wow, you know, I really do think this Rockefeller aka Christopher Chichester aka Christopher Crow is Christian Gerhardt Strider. If in fact this guy killed one or both of the Sohus's I do not believe that was his first killing or his last.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
beandawgs
First Time Poster

This case really fascinates me. I saw earlier in this forum that someone thought Linda had visited the forum? Is that correct? What would make you think so? Do you guys think Linda is dead? I can see where Christian/Clark would maybe hide Linda's remains to frame her.....
beandawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 AM   #22
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beandawgs
This case really fascinates me. I saw earlier in this forum that someone thought Linda had visited the forum? Is that correct? What would make you think so? Do you guys think Linda is dead? I can see where Christian/Clark would maybe hide Linda's remains to frame her.....
Linda has never visited the forum that I'm aware of. Actually I don't think she's alive anymore personally. A few people have posted who used to know Christopher Chichester.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #23
Anon Steve
Occasional Poster

Default More Sohaus/Chichester News Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Here's a link to another article with side by side photos of Christopher Chichester and Clarke Rockefeller. The resemblance is uncanny.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...stPop_Emailed4
Here are some more articles on the Sohaus - Chichester/Rockefeller/Streiter deal. Apparently, he lied his way onto Wall Street, too.

http://davecopeland.com/index.php/20...street-milken/
http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...lling_details/
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/re...‘odd’_visitor/

And a timeline:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...icleid=1111318

Does anyone have any video of this particular episode of Unsolved Mysteries? I think it be a gas to watch. Please upload or link to it if anyone has the segment.
Anon Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #24
HollyP
First Time Poster

The Boston Globe seems to indicate in a story 8/7/08 that the person who picked up Linda Sohus's cats from the kennel was Linda's half-sister. The sister is quoted as saying that she was always suspicious about Linda's disappearance because Linda would never abandon her cats in a kennel, and that the kennel demanded payment.
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #25
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyP
The Boston Globe seems to indicate in a story 8/7/08 that the person who picked up Linda Sohus's cats from the kennel was Linda's half-sister. The sister is quoted as saying that she was always suspicious about Linda's disappearance because Linda would never abandon her cats in a kennel, and that the kennel demanded payment.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. I wonder why UM made it seem so mysterious about who woman who came. It wouldn't have took much research to find out it was her half-sister imo. That makes more sense, she obviously didn't know what happened to Linda but wanted to make sure nothing happened to the cats.

I also read in another article that Christopher Chichester borrowed a fellow church member's chainsaw shortly before John and Linda and himself disappeared. That combined with the fact that John's remains were found in 3 bags and a box also seem to point to something ominous.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
Anon Steve
Occasional Poster

Default The Postcard

One Boston Globe article mentions that after the disappearance, a post card from John and Linda arrived:

Quote:
Jacoby said she thought that Linda and John were planning a trip to Connecticut, not Europe, so that John could interview for a job, when they disappeared. But later her family received a postcard, purportedly from Linda, from France.
Well, The Globe now has the postcard:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...rful_clue.html

More coverage:
http://www.boston.com/news/specials/...ler_abduction/
Anon Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #27
James T

The guy really looks like a weird nerd with the glasses on- just like Chichester.

My first though when I saw this photo of him

was how much he reminds me of one of our most respected Cricket commentators Johnathan Agnew.

James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #28
Bleedingheart
Frequent Poster

Default According to this report Rockefeller is Chichester

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/07/...ef=mpstoryview
Bleedingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #29
joetnymedic
Frequent Poster

This is the timeline I was able to put together with the info I've been able to dig up so far. As info becomes available I hope to fill in any gaps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got some additional info like the biz school and high school researching some more. So here it is. I think it's pretty accurate and mostly complete:

1961 Christian Karl Gerhartstieter is born in Germany

1978 attends and graduates Business School in Germany

1979-1981 Shows up in Berlin as Exchange Student. Attends Berlin High School Graduates 1981 as an average student except for history and sociology ( other students say they believe he was older than the 17 years old he said he was) First lived with the Savio Family until he was kicked out for locking their young daughter outside for 4 hours in the dead of winter. Then moves in with librarian he befriended until he is kicked out for running up a large phone bill (which he did pay back) Some time later he contacts Mrs. Savio and tells her he is producing films under the name Christopher Crowe.

1981 - Moves to Madison, Wisconsonson marries Amy Jersild, gets his green card. Marriage license gives parents names as Simon and Irmengard Gehartsreiter.

1983 - Divorces Jersild, moves to Cailifornia

1983-1985 Poses as University of California Student under his Christopher Chichester name. Moves into the Guest house of John and Linda Sohus and his mother "Didi". In San Marino, CA

Feb. 1985 John and Linda disappear. Mother says a 3rd party, which she later said was Chichester, had been acting as a go between and that he advised her that they were on a secret mission for the government.
By April Chichester is gone.

1985 Shows up in Greenwich at the Indian Harbor Yacht Club. Gets hired at S.N. Phelps and Company a brokerage firm. Quits for unknown reasons.

1987-1989 Works under the name Christopher Crowe at Nikko Securities International in NYC. Fired for incompetence. (It is also discovered that "Crowe used the social security number of Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz)

1988- Tries to sell a truck belonging to John Sohus to a Greenwich, CT ministers son. When the purchaser tries to register the truck at DMV he finds out that there is a lien against the truck. "chichester" under his "Crowe" persona cannot come up with paperwork and the purchaser reports the incident to Greenwich Police. A VIN check is done and the vehicle comes back as wanted in connection to the John and Linda Sohus missing person case in California"

1989 - Lands a job at Kidder Peabody as an International Sales Manager fired 2 weeks later after he requests time of to find his "parents who were kidnapped and held for ransom" Two days later Connecticut State Police and FBI show up at both jobs looking for "Chichester" in connection with the John and Linda Sohus disappearance. Police have discovered that Chichester and Crowe are one in the same.

1988- Didi Sohus dies of a heart attack believing her son is on a mission for the govt.

1989-1993 Lives in NY under unknown alias, meets Sandra Boss and her sister, tries to date, pursue the sister and is rebuffed. Turns his attention to Sandra.

1993 Is dating Sandra Boss as Clark Rockefeller it is unknown if they are in Boston at this point in time or NY.

1994 a pool company doing an in ground pool installation discovers bones in the rear of the Sohus property which has been sold to another family. The bones are tentatively identified as John Sohus, Linda is not found on the property. A homicide investigation ensues and police begin looking for Christopher Chichester again this time as a person of interest.

1995 - Clark Rockefeller and Sandra Boss marry in a small ceremony on Nantucket. Sandra states Clark will handle the paperwork which is never turned in. The couple live in a Brownstone in Boston.

2001 - Reigh Rockefeller is born.

2002 - Rockefeller and Boss purchase a mansion in Cornish, New Hampshire

2004 - Rockefeller suggests and wins his wife over and purchases a renovated church in Cornish for $1.00 promising to donate a large sum of money to rebuild the police department.

2006 - Boss buys 2.3 million dollar Boston Brownstone

Jan 17, 2008 - Boss files for divorce. In the paperwork she brings up the fact that she does not know who Clark Rockefeller really is. Rockefeller is supposed to bring his birth certificate to court but never does.

December 2007 - The Boss/Rockefeller divorce is finalized after Boss agrees to pay between $800,000 and 1.5 million dollars to Clark Rockefeller in exchange for full custody of Reigh. Rockefeller never has to disclose his name as part of the agreement. The court orders Rockefeller 3 supervised visits a year. Boss changes Reighs name to Reigh Boss.

Late 2007 - Rockefeller contacts a realtor in Baltimore, MD and as "chip" Smith starts looking for a place for himself and his daughter to live.

December 2007 - Rockefeller tells a friend how much he misses Reigh and says "I may have to Kidnap her". He has already been working on a plan possibly since 2006.

April 2008 - Finalizes purchase of carriage house on Ploy St in Baltimore.

July 27, 2008 - Kidnaps Reigh during supervised visit. Drags social worker while fleeing with person he told that the worker was his estranged gay lover. Driver is paid $1000.00 to transport Rockefeller and Reigh to another location in Mass. Amber alert issued as Reigh is determined to be in danger.

July 28, 2008 Rockefeller arrives in New York by Grand Central station after paying another acquaintance $500.00 to drive him to New York from Mass. Tells acquaintance he is going to the Peru or Bahamas with Reigh and asks if she wants to join them. After dropping them off she learns that Rockefeller has abducted Reigh and goes to the Police Department in NY.

July 28 - Aug 1, 2008 - Multi State manhunt for Rockefeller and Reigh, multiple sighting but none pan out. Getaway vehicle is found and examined by Police investigators. Police report they have found a clue but do not elaborate.

Aug 2, 2008 - Police and FBI stake out the carriage house after being tipped off by the realtors. They watch from an apartment and on the street. Rockefellers boat has been found docked nearby and investigators along with the marina operator devise a ploy to coax Rockefeller out saying that his boat is taking on water. Rockefeller is apprehended Reigh is found inside the carriage house unharmed.

Aug. 4th - Rockefeller waives extradition to Boston.

Aug 5th - Rockefeller is flown back to Boston and is arraigned and held without bail. he is also named as a person of interest in the Sohus homicide/missing persons case. Police release the fact that a fingerprint lifted from the getaway vehicle was identified as belonging to Chistopher Crowe from an application to become a stockbroker which was filed. as well as Chritopher Chichester who is wanted as a person of intrest in a homicide probe in San Marino, CA, as well as numerous phone tips have shown that Rockefeller may be Christopher Chichester. The print also comes back to immigration paperwork filed in the late 70's for Christian Gerhartsreiter, connecting the three.

Aug 6th - Investigators from the L. A. County Homicide Unit try to interview Rockefeller but he refuses.

Last edited by joetnymedic; 08-08-2008 at 07:59 AM.
joetnymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #30
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Was the writing on the postcard ever even compared to Linda's, and how did they compare?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote