Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Summer 2015 Week 6 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: TV Land Removes The Dukes of Hazzard; Melrose Place to Become Unauthorized Story; New Growing Pains and King of the Hill DVD Releases
2015 4th of July Marathons on TV; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 6, 2015)
Sitcom Stars Anthony Anderson, Betty White Join ABC's To Tell the Truth; Spike TV Remembers SNL's Chris Farley
WGN America Turns Primetime Into Prime Crime; Remembering Jack Carter and Writer-Producer Chris Thompson
Benson and Soap Reunions on Hallmark Channel's Home & Family; Buzzr Celebrates 4th of July
More Celebs Lined Up for TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?; TBS Orders Comedic Late Night Series from Funny Or Die

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season The Facts of Life - Season Six Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series The Odd Couple - The Complete Series Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season

06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/09 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #1126
Family Ties Forever!

Sorry to hear that James.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #1127
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

^ Thank you to all whom responded. I'm sad that she is gone but relieved that the suffering is over.

I'm shocked that someone so vibrant and full of life could be gone within a matter of months. She had a muscle tone that put most men I know to shame as she worked out regularly and kept a strict diet. But unfortunately cancer is indiscriminate...
Old 06-11-2015, 03:18 AM   #1128
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

well, the day that I've been dreading since Jan. has arrived-I've reached the Medicare "cap amount" (the amount of therapy Medicare will pay for in any given year) so now I have to wait until NEXT JAN. before I can go back to p.t.!!!!

My doctor is trying to get Medicare let me to continue however. Unfortunately though he may not be successful. He also tried a couple years ago and they said no

Granny: "How much fer them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: "Madam the ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 06-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #1129
Torgo
The master would not approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
My sick friend lost her battle with uterine cancer and died during the early morning hours of June 9, 2015 at 32. She died peacefully in her sleep at home surrounded by loved ones, just as she wished.

She fought hard but things simply weren't getting any better and she decided to stop all treatments and spend her last days at home. I feel bad that we had a falling out over some alt. methods of treatment she was seeking, but I have since learned that I wasn't the only one that she lashed out against during her final months.

She had gotten some brain damage as a side effect of chemo treatments which caused her to not act as she normally would. She was also very bitter and depressed about the ****ty hand life had dealt her, understandably so, and became wrapped up in seeking "miracle cures."

I'll miss her.

Sorry to hear that, James.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King
Old 06-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #1130
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

James, I offer my heartfelt condolences to you. Sorry I haven't been around or I would have responded sooner. I have learned that when loved ones die, we always have regrets, it's a natural reaction. The vast majority of them are unfounded, because most sensitive folks have a tendency to be too hard on themselves.

Your friend, I am sure, knew how you felt about her. Please remember that now and in times of stress.

Again, I'm very sorry.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #1131
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
My sick friend lost her battle with uterine cancer and died during the early morning hours of June 9, 2015 at 32. She died peacefully in her sleep at home surrounded by loved ones, just as she wished.
Im so sorry buddy
Old 06-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #1132
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Thank you again to everyone. Her ashes were scattered at sea yesterday, as she was very involved w/ marine conservation.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #1133
Family Ties Forever!

Unhappy

My ears hurt so much. I spent two hours in an extremely loud setting. I had no control over the sound level. I went to a large church and they had bands, etc. We sat close to the stage. The first hour was pure ear piercing noise from the music equipment/speakers. Even in the second hour the minister who filled in for the regular minister who was out of town, spoke loudly into the microphone while giving the sermon.

I can't handle loud noise. My hearing is very good because my vision is so bad. I had to try and protect my ears by covering them. I didn't have ear plugs. At one point they turned on super bright lights which hurt my eyes. I went to church with my family. My brother has surgery on Tuesday and i wanted to support him. The message was good, but I was miserable because of the insanely loud music

Please, I hope no one here will think less of me. My family wasn't understanding at all..
Old 06-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #1134
Bonniegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
My ears hurt so much. I spent two hours in an extremely loud setting. I had no control over the sound level. I went to a large church and they had bands, etc. We sat close to the stage. The first hour was pure ear piercing noise from the music equipment/speakers. Even in the second hour the minister who filled in for the regular minister who was out of town, spoke loudly into the microphone while giving the sermon.

I can't handle loud noise. My hearing is very good because my vision is so bad. I had to try and protect my ears by covering them. I didn't have ear plugs. At one point they turned on super bright lights which hurt my eyes. I went to church with my family. My brother has surgery on Tuesday and i wanted to support him. The message was good, but I was miserable because of the insanely loud music

Please, I hope no one here will think less of me. My family wasn't understanding at all..

No not at all. Myself and I'm sure I speak for others on here, don't think any less of you! I feel bad that you were so uncomfortable.

Family can be very critical! Right now I'm going through menopause and having issues, physical and mental, and my older sister went through it much better apparently than I am. She even said well I bet if you lost some weight, you wouldn't be going through it as bad! Than she said just have a hysterectomy already, and quit being a baby!!! So I can relate, recently being upset by my sister like this! Also my husband insinuates that I'm being a baby and it's a natural women's thing, and I should be able to roll with it!

And I am hoping your brother goes through his surgery well!
Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #1135
Family Ties Forever!

Thanks Bonnie.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #1136
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell

Madderest

I need to bitch about the City Of Cleveland!

We can't Win! And some ******* told me "It's 51 Years, NOT 50 Years of Losing...Don't Be Stupid"! It will only be 51 once the Cleveland Idiots Season is over!

I Wanna Tell Him "**** You *******"! That...Or Reenact This Scene From GoodFellas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRH0RE4Ys_4

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 06-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #1137
D-Dey
Win The War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyledturner@yahoo.co
I cannot add music or videos to my ipod unless I copy the music/video to a temp folder on c:\ drive. I cannot add anything from a dvd unless I first copy to a temp folder. I am using iTunes and have no trouble as long as my source is a temp folder on c:\ drive.
Yes, but these are tunes and shows that I actually buy from them. Now, I just tried to order something from them, and they insisted that "because this is the first time ordering from this computer we need to give you a security code, and ask you some questions," or something to that effect.

No, Apple. This IS NOT my first time ordering from this computer, and this is not the first time you tried to pull this crap on me!!

Old 06-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #1138
D-Dey
Win The War!

Madderest

Okay, now it's worse. This morning, I just found out I got kicked out of every other page I'm signed onto, including this one and IMDb. And IMDb won't let me sign back in!! When you click "Stay Signed In," or "Sign in Forever," you're actually supposed to stay signed in forever.

The companies that control computers are liars!!

Last edited by D-Dey : 06-20-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: More details
Old 06-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #1139
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!

I hate loud noise, too. I grew up in a pretty quiet home (I was raised pretty much without my brother who was grown and gone by the time I was six), and I got used to quiet. I can't attend concerts or bar bands or anything because the noise just goes right through me. I worked in a factory for many years and my hearing was affected, so that's another reason I shun noise.

Don't feel weird or anything because you are like this. Everyone is different. It would be an extremely boring world if they weren't.

Last edited by Retro4Life : 06-26-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #1140
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
I hate loud noise, too. I grew up in a pretty quiet home (I was raised pretty much without my brother who was grown and gone by the time I was six), and I got used to quiet. I can't attend concerts or bar bands or anything because the noise just goes right through me. I worked in a factory for many years and my hearing was affected, so that's another reason I shun noise.

Don't feel weird or anything because you are like this. Everyone is different. It would be an extremely boring world weren't if they weren't.

Thanks. Nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't handle loud noise.