Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Yes, Dear links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Yes, Dear Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Yes, Dear
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Family Ties Forever!

Default Yes, Dear Won't Get 7th Season

Unfortunately, Yes, Dear won't get a 7th season.

Last edited by Family Ties Forever! : 08-18-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
DukeDevils9192
Forum Regular

I definitely would. It's horribly unfair the way it's treated since it scores decent ratings. Many times this season, it has scored higher than any other non-CBS sitcom. NBC has upped its sitcom load with a better line-up, but Yes Dear still performs equal to or only slightly worse and occasionally even better.

The show's suffering now from a lack of promotion, yet it still manages a decent number.

I know that the show is cheap to produce, so I don't see why they wouldn't give it another go around. I know that the writers aren't exactly Hollywood's finest, and the show relies more heavily on guest stars than it should, but I still find it enjoyable episode after episode, so yeah, it'd be nice to see it get a 7th season.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though, unfortunately.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Hennigans Spokesman
Frequent Poster
Kramerica Ind.

I would definately like to see a 7th season. I think this show is the most underrated sitcom on tv today.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
chilenopo
Frequent Poster

Not me. I'm surprised it had more than 1 season. YAWN.

TAZ
Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #5
kellygoo72
Frequent Poster

lol.. I totally agree
Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
LivinLaarge
Forum Regular
BEefaY!

i happen to like this show, im surprised it didnt go to 8.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
dlemond
Hey, I know you.

It isn't getting a 7th season.

Yes, Dear is cancelled.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
HuntingtonM15
Everlasting 4/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlemond
It isn't getting a 7th season.

Yes, Dear is cancelled.

Yep, definitely cancelled. The current Big Brother house is on the sound stage where Yes, Dear used to film.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
tvlover85
Frequent Poster

This reminds me...when "Yes, Dear" began in syndication in 2004, didn't it start out as a two-year deal with TBS and local stations? I think the reruns of this show has actually made "Yes, Dear" more popular in the last two seasons (That 70's Show, 8 Simple Rules, Becker, King of Queens)IIRC haven't the reruns on TBS been proven to be a ratings success? I'm wondering if these same stations (and TBS) is going to pick up "Yes, Dear" for another cycle (or if a cable network like FX will).
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #10
kellygoo72
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlover85
This reminds me...when "Yes, Dear" began in syndication in 2004, didn't it start out as a two-year deal with TBS and local stations? I think the reruns of this show has actually made "Yes, Dear" more popular in the last two seasons (That 70's Show, 8 Simple Rules, Becker, King of Queens)IIRC haven't the reruns on TBS been proven to be a ratings success? I'm wondering if these same stations (and TBS) is going to pick up "Yes, Dear" for another cycle (or if a cable network like FX will).
u know, that happens alot to shows, they do much better in synd... I wonder if they do plan to pick the show up? I was never a fan of the show but i do love the guy that plays Greg.. I thought he was so funny on Boston Common
Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #11
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygoo72
u know, that happens alot to shows, they do much better in synd... I wonder if they do plan to pick the show up? I was never a fan of the show but i do love the guy that plays Greg.. I thought he was so funny on Boston Common

Anthony Clark is dee man. I loved him as Greg on Yes, Dear.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
TMark2489
Occasional Poster

sad, this show is so underrated