Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: An Early Look at What's Coming and Going for Next Season; Trial & Error Gets New Murderer for Second Season
Fri-Yay: What Show Could Use a Revival?; Trial & Error Adds Kristin Chenoweth for Season 2
NBC Picks Up 4th Season of Comedy; WE tv Acquires Madam Secretary
MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Thumbs up Cleveland Cavaliers Are The 2015 Eastern Conference Champions!

Quote:
Cavaliers sweep Hawks as LeBron James reaches fifth consecutive NBA Finals

Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports 10:23 a.m. EDT May 27, 2015

CLEVELAND Breaking down Cleveland's 118-88 series-clinching victory over the Atlanta Hawks in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals:

What happened: The Cavaliers overwhelmed the Hawks, and it was hardly a game from the opening tip. Cleveland grabbed an early lead, took a 24-14 advantage late in the first quarter and cruised to an easy sweep. It is Cleveland's first trip to the Finals since 2007, and LeBron James' fifth consecutive Finals appearance. He joins a list of former Boston Celtics players to reach five consecutive Finals, but he is just the first to do it with different teams.

A LeBron James series: James had 23 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, and for the four-game series, he averaged 30.1 points, 11 rebounds and 9.3 assists.

Irving in the starting lineup: Cavs guard Kyrie Irving (tendinitis left knee, strained right foot) played in Game 4, his first appearance since Game 1 of the conference finals. Irving played 22 minutes, scored 16 points and looked like he is getting closer to his regular self. He scored driving to the basket and he scored from the perimeter. That's a good sign for the Cavaliers who will need that from Irving in the Finals. The Cavs can give Irving rest and treatment for almost a week before traveling again.

What worked for the Cavs: Cleveland shot 51.7% from the field in the first half and 57.1% on threes in the first quarter and had a 20-point lead in the first half and a 59-42 lead at halftime. The game was over early. Cavs big men Timofey Mozgov (14 points, seven rebounds) and Tristan Thompson (16 points, 11 rebounds) gave the Hawks trouble. J.R. Smith his second consecutive double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds.

What worked for the Hawks: Jeff Teague scored 17 points and Paul Millsap had 16 points, but that was just about it for the Hawks who had trouble scoring the entire series.

What didn't work for the Hawks: Atlanta struggled with three-point shooting the entire series (26-for-111, 23.4%), and it continued in Game 4. The Hawks started 2-for-18 on threes and finished 5-for-32 that from the second-best three-point shooting team during the regular season. Al Horford, who was ejected from Game 3 for a flagrant foul 2, scored just two points.

What happened to the Hawks: The East's No. 1 seed with 60 regular-season victories, four All-Stars and coach of the year Mike Budenholzer were just not the same efficient team in the playoffs. Injuries hurt in the Eastern Conference finals: DeMarre Carroll sprained his left knee in Game 1, Kyle Korver sustained a season-ending injury in Game 2, and it's safe bet Millsap (shoulder) and Horford (finger) were not 100%. They also were without Thabo Sefolosha.

What's next: The Cavs await the winner of the Houston Rockets-Golden State Warriors Western Conference finals. The Warriors lead 3-1 and can wrap up the series Wednesday night. Game 1 of the Finals is June 4 and the Western Conference representative has home-court advantage.

GO CAVS!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 05-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
GO CAVS!

Yeah. How about them Cavs? I was rooting for them over the Hawks! Aren't you glad LeBron came back?

I guess they will be playing against the Warriors!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yeah. How about them Cavs? I was rooting for them over the Hawks! Aren't you glad LeBron came back?

I guess they will be playing against the Warriors!

The NBA Finals this year will be Cleveland vs Golden State. The Warriors haven't been to the finals in 40 years, but Cleveland hasn't won it all in 50...who'll win it all?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

IDK!! It will be exciting!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
simmytbone

I'm pulling for the Warriors, they have a MUCH Better Bench than Cleveland

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
Old 05-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

That's the same thing I was gonna say. Cleveland's bench is terrible hahahahahahahahahahaha. David Blatt sucks too LOL. He doesn't know how to coach and I wish Mike Brown was still the coach. They're gonna miss Kevin Love's scoring because Tristan Thompson doesn't score enough. If Kevin was playing, it's possible Cleveland could beat them. I think the Warriors are gonna beat them in 6. I hope Lebron stays there until he retires because if he leaves again, I'm done with him and the Cavs fans are also gonna be done with him. You know Lebron is a crybaby when things don't go his way especially if they don't win any championships soon. He'll be talking about he wants to leave again. That's why I was upset with him when he came back and he only signed a 2 years contract. Why not sign for 6 or 7 years so the Cavs fans can see that he's serious about staying and retiring there? If I was the Cavs fans, I wouldn't be happy about him being back because he didn't sign a long term contract.

The Cavs need to let go of Anderson Varaejo because they're paying him too much money and he's injury prone. Plus he's always flopping on defense because his soft ass won't block shots LOL. Cleveland will never win any championships if they shoot jumpshots instead of taking the ball to the basket. Sometimes I hate watching them because they act like they're scared to take the ball to the basket. I've never seen any teams win championships shooting a bunch of jumpshots. Cleveland can get away with playing like that against east teams but they can't play like that against west teams because most west teams don't play like that. Matthew Dellavedova is also a dirty player and I don't like him. There was no need for him to lock in Taj Gibson's leg when they played the Bulls. Then he acted like something was wrong with Taj when Taj kicked him. What did he expect Taj was gonna do? He fell on Kyle Korver's leg when he was going for the ball against Atlanta and he caused Kyle to be injured and miss the playoffs.

I'm mad at David Blatt for not playing Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood at all. He plays Kendrick sometimes but he doesn't play Brendan at all. Why are they on the team if they aren't gonna play a lot of minutes? They're just collecting a paycheck? LOL. He also doesn't play Mike Miller that much. I hate seeing guys sitting on the bench and not playing because that's a waste of money. Players don't like not playing. Kendrick has won a championship with Boston in 2008 and he went to the finals with Oklahoma in 2012. Brendan also has playoff experience with the Washington Wizards when Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison were there. Washington had a rivalry with Cleveland for a couple of years in the playoffs and Cleveland won each time. I liked Gilbert, Caron and Antwan. Antwan played with Cleveland for a year or two. He's a good guy. He's a Lakers broadcaster now with former Lakers player James Worthy.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

I will say this...

If Cleveland loses this series...then we ARE cursed...no matter what!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

You might be right but I think if they lose that they can win a couple of championships in the next few years if the team stays together. Lebron is the one I'm worried about because he didn't sign a long term contract and he should've signed for like 6 or 7 years so he could retire there. If I was the Cavs fans, I would be worried about Lebron staying there long term because you know he's a crybaby when he doesn't get his way. If the team doesn't get any championships soon, he'll be talking about he wants to leave again and that's why I don't trust him. He has no loyalty to Cleveland even though he claims he loves Ohio. If he loves Ohio, then stay with the Cavs and sign a long term contract and that will show the Cavs fans that he's gonna be there until he retires. I'm also worried about Kevin Love because it's possible he might leave even though he said recently that he wants to stay with the Cavs next season. I heard a rumor about him going to the Lakers and I hope that doesn't happen because the Lakers are going nowhere. Kobe confirmed that next season is gonna be his last.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I will say this...

If Cleveland loses this series...then we ARE cursed...no matter what!

I will root for them ! Cleveland needs something good to happen for them!

GO CAVS!!!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:49 AM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I want Lebron to fail but he won't lol
Old 06-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #11
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
That's the same thing I was gonna say. Cleveland's bench is terrible hahahahahahahahahahaha. David Blatt sucks too LOL. He doesn't know how to coach and I wish Mike Brown was still the coach. They're gonna miss Kevin Love's scoring because Tristan Thompson doesn't score enough. If Kevin was playing, it's possible Cleveland could beat them. I think the Warriors are gonna beat them in 6. I hope Lebron stays there until he retires because if he leaves again, I'm done with him and the Cavs fans are also gonna be done with him. You know Lebron is a crybaby when things don't go his way especially if they don't win any championships soon. He'll be talking about he wants to leave again. That's why I was upset with him when he came back and he only signed a 2 years contract. Why not sign for 6 or 7 years so the Cavs fans can see that he's serious about staying and retiring there? If I was the Cavs fans, I wouldn't be happy about him being back because he didn't sign a long term contract.

The Cavs need to let go of Anderson Varaejo because they're paying him too much money and he's injury prone. Plus he's always flopping on defense because his soft ass won't block shots LOL. Cleveland will never win any championships if they shoot jumpshots instead of taking the ball to the basket. Sometimes I hate watching them because they act like they're scared to take the ball to the basket. I've never seen any teams win championships shooting a bunch of jumpshots. Cleveland can get away with playing like that against east teams but they can't play like that against west teams because most west teams don't play like that. Matthew Dellavedova is also a dirty player and I don't like him. There was no need for him to lock in Taj Gibson's leg when they played the Bulls. Then he acted like something was wrong with Taj when Taj kicked him. What did he expect Taj was gonna do? He fell on Kyle Korver's leg when he was going for the ball against Atlanta and he caused Kyle to be injured and miss the playoffs.

I'm mad at David Blatt for not playing Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood at all. He plays Kendrick sometimes but he doesn't play Brendan at all. Why are they on the team if they aren't gonna play a lot of minutes? They're just collecting a paycheck? LOL. He also doesn't play Mike Miller that much. I hate seeing guys sitting on the bench and not playing because that's a waste of money. Players don't like not playing. Kendrick has won a championship with Boston in 2008 and he went to the finals with Oklahoma in 2012. Brendan also has playoff experience with the Washington Wizards when Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison were there. Washington had a rivalry with Cleveland for a couple of years in the playoffs and Cleveland won each time. I liked Gilbert, Caron and Antwan. Antwan played with Cleveland for a year or two. He's a good guy. He's a Lakers broadcaster now with former Lakers player James Worthy.

Hey, if you ask me, the Cavs are another version of the Bad Boys

LeBron James - Isiah Thomas Version 2

Anderson Varaejo and J.R. Smith - Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn Version 2 lol

also, I can't STAND J.R. Smith, a buddy of mine told me that he's pulling for Golden State and also, he would not be surprised if Smith gets ejected b/c he's another dirty player as well

another thing that I don't like about Cleveland is that the players and their fans always encourages the refs to give teams from the Bulls and the Hawks Technicals

Comes to show you that they are bandwagoners
Old 06-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #12
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Anderson Varaejo needs to go and I hope they let him go after the season hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He's not a good defender and he's always flopping LOL. LOL@what you said about JR Smith. I agree. He shouldn't have slapped Jae Crowder of Boston when they were going for a rebound. That was uncalled for and it caused him to get ejected and get suspended for 2 games against the Bulls. I do think he's matured since he left the Knicks and I hope he can continue to be a good person. The Cavs need him and I hope he stays there until he retires. Why you call Lebron a 2nd version of Isiah Thomas? I don't agree.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

MrCleveland, I met former Cavs player Mark Price at a sporting goods store at Southgate shopping center in Maple heights. He signed my autograph. He seems like a good man. He recently got a head coach job at a college in North Carolina. The college basketball team is called Charlotte 49ers and I've never heard of them. He used to have a job with Charlotte Bobcats as a shooting coach and I wanna thank Michael Jordan for giving him a job. Michael used to have some battles with the Cavs in the playoffs and he always eliminated them hahahahahahahahahahaha. Former Cavs player Austin Carr has been a Cavs broadcaster for a long time and my dad is friends with him. I've been to Austin's house a long time ago in Solon but I don't know if he still lives there. My dad hasn't spoken to him in a long time.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
Anderson Varaejo needs to go and I hope they let him go after the season hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He's not a good defender and he's always flopping LOL. LOL@what you said about JR Smith. I agree. He shouldn't have slapped Jae Crowder of Boston when they were going for a rebound. That was uncalled for and it caused him to get ejected and get suspended for 2 games against the Bulls. I do think he's matured since he left the Knicks and I hope he can continue to be a good person. The Cavs need him and I hope he stays there until he retires. Why you call Lebron a 2nd version of Isiah Thomas? I don't agree.

I was kidding about the LeBron/Isiah part, but you may be right, if J.R. matures, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I agree with ya on Anderson and Matthew
Old 06-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #15
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Cavs fans should be lucky that Lebron came back because if he hadn't, the Cavs would've been terrible for a long time and probably would've never won a championship hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. If Lebron was to leave again, I wouldn't be mad. Just because he's from Ohio doesn't mean he has to stay in Cleveland forever.