Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

General Dramas Questions and Discussion / Current Dramas/Dramedies Boards / Classic Dramas/Comedies Boards / Current Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries / Classic Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Dramas Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Henry Winkler and More in New NBC Comedy Event Series; Remembering Jack Riley of The Bob Newhart Show
Raymond, Roseanne Now on CMT; Bunk'd Star Gets Disney Movie
Summer 2016 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Remembering Jack Riley and Fyvush Finkel; New Family Matters DVDs
Win The Wonder Years - Complete Series DVD Set; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 22, 2016)
Many Sitcoms Coming to Antenna TV Soon; Decades Pays Tribute to The Three Stooges
Sonny and Cher Series Coming to getTV; Celebs Coming to the Star Plates on Food Network
TBS to Drop the Mic In 2017; Watch black-ish on iTunes for Free
Showtime's Upcoming Comedy Slate Update; Antenna TV Coming to Knoxville
Summer 2016 Week 11 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Rocko's Modern Life Movie Greenlit at Nickelodeon; Hulu to End Free Streaming
Girlfriends, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game Coming to CW Seed; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 15, 2016)
Comedy Central Fall 2016 Has How I Met Your Mother; Lizzie McGuire Creator Gets New Disney Sitcom
ABC Announces Fall Preview Special for Sept. 4; The Simpsons First One-Hour Episode in 2017

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)

Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three Superstore - Season One

07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Which is better?
The Waltons 16 59.26%
Little House on the Prairie 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
PracTz
Forum Regular

I liked both shows -yet "The Waltons" seemed like LHOTP's somewhat restrained mountain cousin.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

Definately Little House On the Prairie I liked all the characters. Waltons were too slow and I couldn't get into that program.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #18
hawkeye123

I liked both shows but ,i'm going to go with little house.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #19
jehobden

I haven't seen The Waltons much. I think LHoP was more fun, especially due to the comic villainy of Mrs. Oleson & her daughter, Nellie.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Both were good but I'm a hard core LHOP fan. So, of course, I vote emphatically for LHOP.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 12-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #21
mark40511
Occasional Poster

I'm here because I watch LHOTP during Christmas. I was googling something about it and came across this post. I had to vote. Although I have tried watch the Waltons, I could never get through the few episodes I tried to watch in the past. So LHOTP gets my vote.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #22
Bonniegirl
Forum Veteran

Old 12-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
KatieAnn
Frequent Poster

Little House was like a kid's show, The Waltons seems more geared to adults. When I watch Little House now I often feel like they're trying too hard to get a weepy emotional reaction from me, which I do not like at all.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #24
king of comedy

Both were good
Old 01-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #25
Crusinforabrusin

I like both, but I have a slight preference to LHOTP more than The Walton's
Old 01-03-2016, 01:09 AM   #26
Edward216

They're both good shows, although when I was a kid I really didn't like Little House at all. And I'd say for me I still have a preference for The Waltons over it. For me The Waltons were more relatable and believable. I just think as Little House went on some of the episodes were kind of far-fetched and not that believable (especially the series finale), whereas I think The Waltons was always more real, what with the Depression and World War 2. The Waltons reminded me very much of lots of my own relatives, as I'm from a bigger family. And like the Waltons most of us are people of Christian faith who regularly go to church. But Little House On The Prairie had those values too. But like someone else said I think there were times it was trying way too hard to be a tearjerker of a show. And I could only take so much of Nelly and Harriet Olson, I couldn't stand them and how stuck up, mean, and hateful they were! As an adult I'll now watch either of them whenever I might come across an episode but The Waltons is definitely my favorite. And also the theme song to The Waltons is one of my favorite TV theme songs ever.

Ed. ETA: There are some episodes of The Waltons after Cora Beth became a regular character that I'll skip too because she was very stuck up and mean sometimes and it's just very unpleasant to watch.