Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Rare Game Show on GSN with TV Veterans; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 27, 2014)
Steve Coogan Tapped for Happyish Pilot for Showtime; Lifetime's Lizzie Borden Movie Turning Into Limited Series
CBS to Launch Decades, A New Digital Subchannel; The CW Orders Full Seasons of The Flash, Jane the Virgin
COZI TV Goes One Step Beyond on Halloween; FX Unveils Simpsons World
Hogan's Heroes Returns to TV Land; CBS All Access Service Includes Classic TV
Week 4 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Introduces CBS All Access; Even More Remakes of Classic TV Series Under Consideration; New Family Guy DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #61
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonTater
Imaginary beings???????????????

What do you think "gods" are, real? They're what ignorant ancient people created to explain what they didn't understand because there was no science centuries ago.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #62
CommonTater
Forum Regular
no longer a forum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
What do you think "gods" are, real? They're what ignorant ancient people created to explain what they didn't understand because there was no science centuries ago.

You have a right to your beliefs and to express them BUT you have no right to attack my faith. You are in my prayers.

How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #63
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:

Roger, I think God is too busy weeping for us.
He's weeping for us because of all the lonely single people. That's why he's busy in outer space on his computer setting up love matches on the Christian mingles website.

God is also busy communicating with his best friend Kirk Cameron.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #64
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
Agree 100% ..... they're all fairy tales for people who can't deal with death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Tater
You have a right to your beliefs and to express them BUT you have no right to attack my faith. You are in my prayers.
bencasey wasn't "attacking" anyone. Just because someone doesn't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean it's an attack. Lighten up.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #65
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Ignorant ancient people sounds like an attack to me. CommonTater, don't let bencasey get to you. He insults everybody that doesn't agree with him. He's been doing this for years.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #66
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Ignorant ancient people sounds like an attack to me. CommonTater, don't let bencasey get to you. He insults everybody that doesn't agree with him. He's been doing this for years.

I wasn't attacking him, just making a comment about childish beliefs.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
CommonTater
Forum Regular
no longer a forum member

Yes I know I have seen his/her insults to others for a long time, it's sad that they continue to allow it.
Another person joined in to further insult me and agree with the 1st attacker.

I admit I'm religious, I will never hide that fact. I go out of my way to be kind to others because we never know what someone else is dealing with and because I'm a Christian. I don't insult those who aren't Religious, those of various faiths and I don't call others names. I expect others to respect my beliefs too.

I just expressed my opinion which apparently I'm not entitled to do unless I don't have a different opinion or I want to be called names.
I am ill and don't need the insults or stress from a message board which I joined to help fill my time in this bed and join in conversations with some people I thought enjoyed TV like me, old shows, some new shows and just chat about it. I am not too proud to also admit it gets lonely. Sometimes you cheered me up with some of the different conversations.

My granddaughter was here last night, sometimes she comes on here to read, she doesn't post. She was upset that anyone would say such hateful things to her Grandmother, she had a hard time understanding it but I was so proud that she said, we have to pray for people like that Maw Maw. Yes, I'm proud because she's in College making exceptional grades and she respects other people.

I wish you all the best. I will miss you.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #68
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes I know I have seen his/her insults to others for a long time, it's sad that they continue to allow it.
Another person joined in to further insult me and agree with the 1st attacker.

I admit I'm religious, I will never hide that fact. I go out of my way to be kind to others because we never know what someone else is dealing with and because I'm a Christian. I don't insult those who aren't Religious, those of various faiths and I don't call others names. I expect others to respect my beliefs too.

I just expressed my opinion which apparently I'm not entitled to do unless I don't have a different opinion or I want to be called names.
I am ill and don't need the insults or stress from a message board which I joined to help fill my time in this bed and join in conversations with some people I thought enjoyed TV like me, old shows, some new shows and just chat about it. I am not too proud to also admit it gets lonely. Sometimes you cheered me up with some of the different conversations.

My granddaughter was here last night, sometimes she comes on here to read, she doesn't post. She was upset that anyone would say such hateful things to her Grandmother, she had a hard time understanding it but I was so proud that she said, we have to pray for people like that Maw Maw. Yes, I'm proud because she's in College making exceptional grades and she respects other people.

I wish you all the best. I will miss you.
I don't insult anyone that isn't religious either. If they make a comment, I won't say anything. The problem for me is when they mock someone's religious beliefs. That's what makes me mad. They are entitled to their opinion but when they laugh at somebody for what they believe, that's crossing the line. I'm sorry that you're ill. It sounds like you're leaving. I'm sorry for that too because this site needs more members like you.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #69
Gertie1999
Frequent Poster
Little House and Classics fan

Well I think that a lot of television is more trashier then it was back in the day. Reality shows would have never been allowed on TV back in the 1960s and even possibly the 1980s. And cussing was never even allowed on TV back in the 1970s either. You don't see many sitcoms nowadays that have a decent plotline either. So I personally think that television has long forgotten its values.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination-John Lennon
Love One Another~ George Harrison
Rest in peace,
John Winston Lennon, October 9th, 1940-December 8th, 1980.
George Harrison, February 24th, 1943-November 29th, 2001
How Did You Find America?~Interviewer
Turn Left At Greenland~John Lennon
By all means I'd be quite prepared for that eventuality ~George Harrison, A Hard Days Night, 1964
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #70
nerdstein
Occasional Poster

Uh you don't have to be religious or 50+ to think it is repulsive to expose kids to sex, extreme violence, and vulgar language. I am sure there are many 30 something parents out there that won't let their 11 year old tween watch an episode of Girls or Dexter...even atheist ones. Moreover, there are TV and MPAA ratings for a reason.

I know a few people who grew up in strict religious households; they were forbidden to watch anything that wasn't approved by their parents (they didn't even have cable), and could only listen to christian music. Naturally, they went to a private christian school.

The one kid grew up to be a heroin addict. The other is covered in tattoos and piercings, and the girl is happily married with a bunch of kids living the average suburban life. The moral and pious upbringing didn't 'save' the first two.

There were plenty of bad people and horrible things in the world back when TV was 'wholesome' and entirely family oriented....just saying.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #71
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Sad to say the culture is the same. In the last 10 years, shootings, more only in the bedroom/or in the doctors office talk. I remember seeing Bob Dole talk about Erectile Disfunction and thought Oh my lord. Here is politician talking about this?. On the streets you heard people cursing. Hey even on this board people are acting different. I did get kick some one saying WTF could mean. "Why the Face". I immediately thought of the dirty word for F.

Now my question "how do you cope with swearing? Do you ignore it, roll your eyes, say Knock it off, or swear too for this is the new lingo? .With tv you can just not watch certain shows, but out on the street.