Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Syfy Acquires Comedic Web Series with Nathan Fillion & Alan Tudyk; Archer Season 9 on FXX in 2018
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 24, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Dick Van Dyke to Receive BAFTA Award; Hulu to Add 3000 Episodes to Library
Hulu's Fall 2017 Slate Includes Final Season of The Mindy Project and New Season of Freakish
Hulu Gets 3,000 Episodes from 20th Century Fox; Netflix Comedy Atypical Launches Aug. 11
Antenna TV to Add 9 Sitcoms for Fall 2017; MeTV and Decades Remembers Martin Landau
Alec Baldwin Goes Live on NBC in 2018; Nick Sitcom Star Gets Nick Movie
TBS Presents Alien-ish Week with Sitcoms; Viacom Snags Tyler Perry

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

ALF - The Complete DVD Collection The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series Superstore - Season Two Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season

05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
07/04 - Superstore - Season Two
07/18 - Father Knows Best - Season Six
07/25 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season
07/25 - Girls - The Final (Sixth) Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #91
OOliver
Forum Regular

I find her passing more shocking than Estelle Getty's because no one knew Bea was ill with cancer. Everyone knew Getty was ill for a while and was in failing health the last years of her life, so sadly (but not surprisingly) an announcement about her death was somewhat expected.

For Bea, no one knew she was battling cancer (we still don't know what type of cancer). Sure she looked a bit frail the past year or so, but most of that chalked it up to aging (she was nearly 86). This past December, standing next to Angela Lansbury in a theater lobby, she did a short interview with 'ET', and said her health was fine and she was mulling over a few TV scripts.

Hearing about her passing was shocking to all.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #92
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Sorry if this has been posted in this thread or one of the others, Here's Bea in a duet with Rock Hudson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3VbSfQ3nAM
Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #93
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Sorry if this has been posted in this thread or one of the others, Here's Bea in a duet with Rock Hudson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3VbSfQ3nAM

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #94
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Bea This is for you

Thank you for being a friend
Travelled Down The Road and Back Again
you"re Heart is True
You're a Pal and a Comforter

and if you threw a party
Invited Everyone you knew
you would see the biggest Gift would be from me
and The Card Attached woulds say thank you for being a friend
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #95
TV_Forever
Frequent Poster

Default I sit with mixed emotions...

First of all, I read through all the posts here before I decided to post as well. I would like to say how nice it is that others share the same emotions. I found myself saying...what? Bea is gone? My first thought was, come on, she wasn't really that old...but then I realized...she did have a good long life and I believe she gave much more to others than she kept for herself.

Through my sadness I went through memorable scenes in my mind. Now our Estelle will have to keep Stan at bay once more. That thought made me smile and gave me a few more things I wish to share. First, if you have admiration for someone in your life, even if you think they are unreachable by you, take the time and let them know. You may be the person who makes them smile once more. Finally, I thought about my most memorable moments...

Hearing Maude proclaim God's gonna get you for that...

The scene where Dorothy says to Sophia...what are you trying to do...pickle yourself?

The brilliance of the episode where Dorothy goes to all the doctors and tells Dr. Bud off in the restaraunt

Sonny And Cher revisited

And last but not least

Thanks for the lovely prayer Rose...Now shut up and get into bed...

Nice work Dorothy

That wasn't me

Oh boy am I in trouble...

We are all better having shared her gifts and I will always be grateful she followed her heart to share with us.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #96
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Default PETA praises the late Bea Arthur

Link

Among the many tributes paid to Bea Arthur, who died on Saturday, came kind words from the folks at animal rights group People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

Arthur put her love for animals to hard work, campaigning for many PETA issues and becoming an honorary director for the group for more than 20 years. Earlier this week the group planted memorial roses for the late actress at PETA's Bea Arthur Dog Park, which opened next to the group's Norfolk, Va. headquarters in 2006.

Arthur joined PETA in 1987 after "The Golden Girls" did an anti-fur episode and Arthur, Rue McClanahan, and Betty White filmed a PETA anti-fur public service announcement on the set of the show.

PETA received thousands of fur coats that were donated by former fur-wearers after Arthur ran ads - including in the playbill for the Norfolk Opera House - asking people to cast off their coats.

She campaigned against the force-feeding of ducks in the foie gras trade, traveling to London with PETA founder Ingrid E. Newkirk, where she called on Harrods bosses to stop selling the pate.

She spoke out against animal experimentation and abuse of factory farm animals and opposed the use of exotic animals in circuses.

"We have lost one of the greatest comic actors of all time, and animals have lost a great defender," said PETA's executive vice president Tracy Reiman. "When it comes to animals, Bea was a true golden girl."
Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #97
Me-Hostage
Occasional Poster

Did anyone catch ET tonight? They were having a segment about Bea. I missed it though. *sigh* Anyone know where you can see what they showed?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #98
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Sorry I did not watch Entertainment Tonight Either I missed Entertainment Tonight
Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #99
Me-Hostage
Occasional Poster

ET had another segment on tonight about Bea. Adrienne Barbeau (Carole from Maude) talked for a few minutes about Bea, and how she was fearless and would tell you what she thought. She also talked about how no one will ever forget Bea. Short but sweet.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #100
McGillicuddy

.....and then there was Maude ....thankyou for being a friend!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #101
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage
ET had another segment on tonight about Bea. Adrienne Barbeau (Carole from Maude) talked for a few minutes about Bea, and how she was fearless and would tell you what she thought. She also talked about how no one will ever forget Bea. Short but sweet.
I saw it, too. When Adrienne welled up, so did I!! It was a beautiful tribute.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #102
GoldenGirlsFan92

Confused

R.I.P. Bea...Thanks for all the laughs.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #103
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

I'm really looking forward to watching the Hallmark channel's tribute to Bea, which will be on practically all day today. We'll always miss you, Bea...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #104
Michele35
Forum Regular
Jazz Girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele35

As someone who grew up watching Maude and later the Golden Girls, I was so sad to hear about Bea. Watching the GG Hallmark tribute to Bea was so bittersweet last night.

I saw her in person on stage about 5-6 years ago in her one woman play. Bea had such a great presence.

RIP Bea...you will be missed.

Jo: Beats me, Tootie.
==========================
I'm a drum 'n bass dawl