Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Return of NBC Thursday Night Sitcoms; Everything Sucks at Netflix
The Office Scores on Comedy Central; The Tick Gets 2nd Season on Amazon
Comedy Central Picks Up The Jim Jefferies Show for Second Season; Remembering Donnelly Rhodes from Soap
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: More Cable, Crackle, Paramount Network and More
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Cable Roundup of IFC, AMC, Hallmark, Pop and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: American Dad Gets Two Season Renewal at TBS; New Details About Roseanne Reboot
Fri-Yay: What Does the Future Hold for Fox Sitcoms?; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: TBS and HBO
Hulu Orders 2nd Season of Future Man; Michael J. Fox Heads Back to Politics on TV
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: NBC; grown-ish Premieres Strong on Freeform
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: ABC, Includes ABC 2018 Midseason Schedule; Goldbergs Spin-off Pilot Airs Jan. 24

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Confused Is this any way to build an audience?

I read over the new ANT TV schedule, other than Ironhorse and to some extent Burns & Allen, I am not thrilled. In fact I am majorly disappointed that ANT has decided to take off Hazel from the daytime and put it on in the middle of the night. How will this decision help a relatively unknown series (to those 35 and under) become familiar and more popular?? How are kids of today supposed to discover a future retro classic if they can't even see it? When it was on during the day it had a chance to build a following, build an all new fan base to those who may have never heard of or seen Hazel before. Now being sentenced to do dawn patrol, how will this help the future of Hazel becoming an even more popular show? Who knows, it might become another Andy Griffith or Leave It To Beaver if left in a time slot where younger people can actually see it.

I am very grateful that ANT TV did not commit the ultimate sin and remove it from the schedule altogether , but putting it on at 2 am is doing Hazel's popularity quotient no good. I only hope they will decide to run it during the daytime again.

Speaking selfishly though, personally this 2 am schedule change is perfect for me. Now I may even be able to watch the show in real time (I stay up late many nights) and it will also be easier for me to record a missing show now, since I'll be home now to record and won't have to rely on the timer. So speaking for myself alone, this change is great , but speaking for the future of Hazel with the idea of it becoming more popular if people could only watch it, it's bad news.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

I'm just anxiously awaiting the series release through Shout! Factory. they announced on their website that they will be releasing season 2 (and I'm guessing maybe also the whole series) sometime this year! I can't wait
Old 06-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Ronny G
Forum Regular

In Los Angeles, Hazel airs at 11pm...well, I should say aired because the past two weeks, KTLA which carries Antenna TV on one of its sub channels, has decided to pre-empt Hazel and show a repeat of their 10 o'clock news.

Fortunately, I recorded every episode during its first run on Antenna TV so I can still watch my dvds, but there were a couple episodes I wanted to redo because of some technical issues.

Maybe Antenna TV will move it to another time during the next quarter. Hopefully, they won't remove it from the schedule completely.

Anyone else affected?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
TV Knowledge Fan

Default At least...

....YOU get to see "HAZEL" at 2am(et) where you are, 'Hazel Anyday'. Where I live, in the New York/New Jersey/Metropolitan area, a repeat of the earlier "PIX NEWS AT TEN" now fills that hour! Because Antenna TV is also a digital subchannel of New York's WPIX-TV, they feel they have to extend their local nightly newscast {such as it is these days** by repeating it on Antenna TV in the nightly 2am "window" (same arrangement as KTLA**- even on weekends. As of now, one episode of "HAZEL" is currently featured on Sunday mornings at 7am(et)- and that's it.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
storrs19
Forum Regular
B&W TV Lover

Send a message via ICQ to storrs19 Send a message via MSN to storrs19

My guess is that networks figure most people now have dvr capability and thus can just record any show at any time. I never watch anything in real time any more, haven't for years now. I dvr everything then watch it when I want. I programmed the "A" button for a 30 second skip so I never watch commercials either, ha ha

I work swing shift so I never know when I'll be home thus I can just set up a series recording for a week or so. I did this with Hazel and Maude both and am now doing it with Burns and Allen.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
ReallyRetroChick
Frequent Poster

This is probably old news but I just read that Hazel will be back in the Fall airing 4-5 PM. I'm so excited!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Thumbs up That's a Doozy!

Yes, I read that too, I was both surprised and very pleased. If Hazel isn't seen by people (esp. new people who've never seen it before) then it won't stand a chance of becoming a classic sitcom in the future with the kids or young teenagers of today. If these kids think the only classic TV show is I Love Lucy, then the future of entertainment on TV is in big trouble. Hazel needs to be seen to be loved, that's why it's so important that it's back in daytime (kid viewing time).