Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Growing Pains links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Growing Pains Photo Gallery

Growing Pains - The Complete First Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete First Season on DVD
Growing Pains - The Complete Second Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Growing Pains - The Complete Third Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Third Season on DVD (Warner Archive)
(Amazon.com)
Growing Pains - The Movie

Buy Growing Pains - The Movie on DVD (Warner Archive)
(Amazon.com)
Growing Pains - Return of the Seavers

Buy Growing Pains - Return of the Seavers on DVD (Warner Archive)
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Growing Pains
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Picks Up Comedy from Jason Reitman; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 3, 2014)
Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
theentertainment
Occasional Poster

Smile Kirk Cameron's Facebook comments on Stephen Hawking's Views of Heaven

Stephen Hawking, born in Oxford, England on January 8, 1942, is a renowned British physicist and brilliant scientist in spite of his lifelong battle against Lou Gehrig's Disease. Kirk Cameron, born in Panorama, California on October 12, 1969, is a famous preacher. Hear Kirk Cameron's views on Hawking's beliefs about Heaven.

"To say anything negative about Stephen Hawking is like bullying a blind man. He has an unfair disadvantage, and that gives him a free pass on some of his absurd ideas. Professor Hawking is heralded as "the genius of Britain," yet he believes in the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything (Sir Isaac Newton called atheism "senseless and odious") and that life sprang from non-life. To speak on issues of science and violate it's essential laws is like playing checkers with a someone who changes the rules when he's losing. Why should anyone believe Mr. Hawking's writings if he cannot provide evidence for his unscientific belief that out of nothing, everything came? He says he knows there is no Heaven. John Lennon wasn't sure. He said to pretend there's no Heaven. That's easy if you try. Then he said he hoped that someday we would join him. Such wishful thinking reveals John and Stephen's religious beliefs, not good science. They may imagine all they want, but I lost my faith in atheism long ago and prefer to stay within the realm of reality."

What does that tell you? I mean, sure, you have to have some compassion towards Stephen Hawking or ANYONE with physical, learning, hearing, and mental impairments like I do, but on the other hand, what if Kirk Cameron is right about one thing--what if we CANNOT afford to be WRONG about God?

As Kirk Cameron, age 41, would say, "Jesus in the Bible says that whoever looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery in his heart."

Growing up in the 1970s in a family of 4 that included his parents and little sister Candace (born April 6, 1975 in Panorama, California), Kirk Cameron was a devout Atheist (like I was as a teenager) who LOVED sin & LIVED sin.

All that came to a radical change at age 17, when his then-girlfriend, actress Leanna Creel (born August 27, 1970 in Los Angeles, California), whose father was a minister, invited Kirk to attend Church.

At age 17, Cameron had just finished his 2nd season as an actor/teen idol on TV's "Growing Pains" when, during a break from filming "Like Father, Like Son" with the late British actor Dudley Moore, he parked his car in the middle of a Van Nuys, California parking lot and asked himself, pertaining to his parents' impending divorce, "If there's a God, SHOW ME? I need to know."

That moment, Kirk gave his whole self to God and Jesus Christ.

6 months after his parents, Rob and Barbara, split up, they remarried.

At age 19, 2 years later, Kirk met and fell in love with a 24-year-old aspiring actress/model named Nancy Mueller, who, under the stage name Chelsea Noble, was cast on "Growing Pains" as Kate MacDonald, a potential love interest for Kirk's character Mike Seaver--a role that translated to real life within 6 months (per an interview on "Regis & Kathie Lee" in 1991).

Less than 2 years later, on July 20, 1991, 21-year-old Kirk & 26-year-old Nancy were married in Nancy's hometown of Buffalo, New York, with only immediate family in attendance--a fact that caused friction on the set of "Growing Pains" because the cast never knew about it, much less invited.

The following Spring, after 7 years and 166 half-hour episodes, "Growing Pains" was retired--not due to poor ratings (in fact, the show ended its prime-time run at #27 out of 102 network TV shows) but because network execs had grown tired of Kirk's religious tirades--which he's since apologized for, stating publicly that he was new to religion and didn't quite know much about God's existence.

In 2002, aged 32, Kirk Cameron officially retired from showbiz and found a new calling--as a preacher and minister, a real-life role he still plays today.

When he isn't delivering televised preacher sermons twice a week on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, you can find Pastor Kirk Cameron preaching at real churches across the United States. He and his wife of 20 years, Nancy, are the proud parents of 6 children between ages 8 and 15--4 of whom are adopted, and the youngest 2 are biological. They reside in California.

Frankly, it's a tough call between Kirk Cameron and Stephen Hawking.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I got a rock.

Cool

It's an easy choice for me! I'm with Kirk on this one. God is real! He created the world! Heaven is a real place!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
The Flying Dutchmans

He retired from showbiz in 2002? What about the left behind series. That looks like showbiz to me. They may be about the predictions of the bible and what they see will happen but it is still a movie. and then there is Fireproof with Kirk Cameron. Great movie, but it is showbiz. He didn't retire, he just redirected his acting to serve God's purpose. Which I applaud him for. I hope he truly believes in god and not the money.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

LMAO!! He calls Hawking ideas absurd??

The bible is 99% Palestinian MYTH!!

Here is some of the lunacy in the bible:

All humans started from 2 people (impossible), all plants are edible, the earth created in 6 days, a talking snake, man and animals made the same day, the great (fake) worldwide flood, plants made before sunlight, all animals will fear man, a 969 yr. old human, a 10 ft. tall human, God is all powerful yet doesn't help thousands of kids dying of terminal illness every year, etc. etc.

I saw Cameron in a debate on ABC's Nightline a few years ago with a guy from the Rational Responders and he got TOTALLY destroyed. His argument for trying to show a god exists was so horrible that the audience clearly sided with the RATIONAL guy! To all the Christians out there how do you explain the THOUSANDS of pages of scriptures outside Palestine that have NOTHING to do with your mythical ARAB god Jesus?

Don't you realize there are stories of HUNDREDS of gods out there and you can't show any one is more real than another? I've been to church and they simply speak of a STORY of a god NOT evidence of a god! Even clergy have admitted to me that what they say is FAITH not FACT! The bottom line is religions of HATRED are never true and if you've ever read the bible it is full of HATE for every culture on earth outside Palestine! Keep in mind other cultures outside Palestine have their own beliefs and the bible condems for simply having their own culture! How EVIL is that??

It's why every Christian society has been WIPED OUT since the 1700s. You realize our U.S. Constitution doesn't even have the word "god" or "Jesus" in it? Our founding fathers were smart enough to know how destructive religion can be. America is ANYTHING but a Christian country. If you guys have read about Christian societies the last thing they had was freedom since then people could reject the MYTHICAL Jesus and live as they choose. It's why nothing even remotely close to a Christian society exists anymore and why Christianity is a dying religion in the west!