Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Watching the Truth Behind Happy Days and wanted to post some Facts some of you may

Not Know. Watching a DVD right now and here are some interesting facts about the Show behind the scenes

Fred Silverman wanted to change the name of the Show to "Fonzie's Happy Days"

Ron Howard threaten to quit if the name of the show was changed

Ron Howard stated he was never jealous of Henry Winkler's Success

The Local ABC station in Dallas took the show off the air after the first commercial because in the first ep Fonzie Shows Richie how to take a girl Brawl Off

The Producers wanted to REDUCE Scott Baio's role on the show when his EGO became to big on the set.

Henry Winkler was very scared of riding the Motorcycle

Other Cast Members were jealous of the Salary of Ron Howard and Henry Winkler

Erin Moran accused a Happy Days Cast Member of Sexual Harassment when she was 14
Old 03-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I knew about all of those things, but i am pretty sure I've seen that special before

it was after the Fonzie character exploded in popularity that they started to think about changing the name of the show

Ron Howard AND Henry Winkler threatened to quit if they changed the name

Ron Howard had plenty of success before Happy Days and by the point that Henry was a superstar, Ron was looking towards a directing career

The Local ABC station in Dallas took the show off the air after the first commercial because in the first ep Fonzie Shows Richie how to take a girl's bra off - which was ridiculously stupid because it was hooked onto the radiator in the boys bathroom - egads! they showed a naked radiator TOPLESS! on national television!

the bit about Scott Baio's ego I knew about, and is what makes what happened with Joanie Loves Chachi even more ironic

Erin Moran accused a Happy Days Cast Member of Sexual Harassment when she was 14 - I have heard about this from many different sources, but I have never heard any more details about it - who it was, what really happened, I have heard that it wasn't true, but who knows? You would think that if it were really true she would NEVER agree to participate in any of the reunions...
Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
I knew about all of those things, but i am pretty sure I've seen that special before

it was after the Fonzie character exploded in popularity that they started to think about changing the name of the show

Ron Howard had plenty of success before Happy Days and by the point that Henry was a superstar, Ron was looking towards a directing career

The Local ABC station in Dallas took the show off the air after the first commercial because in the first ep Fonzie Shows Richie how to take a girl's bra off - which was ridiculously stupid because it was hooked onto the radiator in the boys bathroom - egads! they showed a naked radiator TOPLESS! on national television!

the bit about Scott Baio's ego I knew about, and is what makes what happened with Joanie Loves Chachi even more ironic

Erin Moran accused a Happy Days Cast Member of Sexual Harassment when she was 14 - I have heard about this from many different sources, but I have never heard any more details about it - who it was, what really happened, I have heard that it wasn't true, but who knows? You would think that if it were really true she would NEVER agree to participate in any of the reunions...

Wish they could have focused LESS on characters like Joanie and Chachi and more on the characters who had bigger roles like Ralph and Potsie
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:

you probably have seen it before; as it was first shown on A & E back in 2001 (on a sunday night) before they "jumped the shark".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:

She didn't participate in the 1992 reunion show. In fact, when this was pointed out, a reference was made to this allegation. But I believe Erin was in a bad marriage at the time and had her own issues to deal with.

And you just couldn't show a naked radiator back in those days. In fact, I believe it wasn't until the nineties that you could do so. Naked radiators were very controversial in those days. It was a hot-button issue.

And Scott Baio should have been on his knees, thanking God that he was even on a TV show. I wished Chachi had attempted the shark jump...and failed.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Heidi Dawn
Forum Regular
Muppets

I think that part that Erin accused a cast member of sexually harrassing her was just a rumor. I know I read about it in the tabloids around the time of the 1992 Happy Days Reunion. The real reason she didn't appear was that she was going through a bad time in her life, mainly the fact that she was going through a divorce. Erin's been happily married to her second husband for 16 years.

The part about Henry not knowing how to ride a motorcycle, Henry has stated this in many of his interviews that he had bad co-ordination. They would push him on the set sitting on the motorcycle to make it look like he was riding it. One thing about Henry though, success never went to his head like Scott Baio.
Complete Series Box Sets: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Dawn
I think that part that Erin accused a cast member of sexually harassing her was just a rumor.

Actually, she talked about the harassment when she was on a Howard Stern broadcast back in the early 90s. I'm not a Stern fan, so I didn't listen too long, but she didn't give many details about who the harasser was, but she started to babble about there being a government conspiracy to get everyone hooked on crack cocaine and caffeine. Really.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Quote:
Erin Moran accused a Happy Days Cast Member of Sexual Harassment when she was 14 - I have heard about this from many different sources, but I have never heard any more details about it - who it was, what really happened, I have heard that it wasn't true, but who knows?

I read/heard that Henry Winkler was the cast member she accused.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

that's not nice about chachi jumpin the shark, lol

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff7
that's not nice about chachi jumpin the shark, lol

It may not be nice, but it's true.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #11
wayne

I read where Don Most tried out for the role of Ritchie but the producers like him so much they created Ralph especially for him. Also Erin wasn't the original Joannie someone else was. and in the pilot for Love American Style Tom Bosley's contract kept him from playing Dad on the show.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
88survivor

Well, Scott Baio's ego angered producers, so who could blame them? I mean, just recently Scott doesn't want to be known for the role of Chachi Arcola and thinks that some fans would be getting a rise out of him. However, last year while celebrating Bailey's birthday, Renee wanted a 50s birthday and Scott was against the idea, thinking that people would stop and say, "That's Chachi," etc, etc. But Renee said that the arrangements were already made. So the 50s Bailey birthday party was celebrated.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

If I was Scott Baio, I'd want people to forget I was on Charles In Charge. He was damn lucky to have been on Happy Days.

Of course, Scott Baio also said that he once wouldn't consider doing a "reality" show -- now he's making a career out of it.

Chachi, Chachi, Chachi!!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
88survivor

Well, what are you going to do? Reality is where the money is and I bet the pay is good. Directing a reality show on former teen idols called Confessions of A Teen Idol? Sure. Money in the bag and a huge check in the other. He is not hurting financially. He has money. Renee is so glad that she threw that 50s party just for Bailey. Gee, what is Bailey going to remember you as Charles or Chachi? Take a pick, Scott. It's not that hard. And your cast members are now thinking that you abandoned them all of a sudden. Come on. Have a heart and lower the ego, Scott. While I think the Bailey Baio Foundation is a wonderful idea, created by his wife, I still think you have to make amends at least. I mean, how is Bailey going to remember you as? Charles? You have to decide fast. She'll become a growing girl with an interest in acting soon...and you quoted that you don't your own daughter taking acting? Then why do you bring your own child to the spotlight. Opinionated, optimistic, individual you are.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
Smartboy

I am going to have to confess that I do not know who Bailey is!