Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: An Early Look at What's Coming and Going for Next Season; Trial & Error Gets New Murderer for Second Season
Fri-Yay: What Show Could Use a Revival?; Trial & Error Adds Kristin Chenoweth for Season 2
NBC Picks Up 4th Season of Comedy; WE tv Acquires Madam Secretary
MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 PM   #136
BrandonS

Default I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

I'm a computer programmer for a large brokerage chain. They told us a couple of weeks ago that we were going to have layoffs, and so for two weeks they've been walking people out the door. The way they fire a programmers is typically that your boss and a security guard appear at your cubicle with a cardboard box and say, "Don't touch your keyboard." Then you have a half hour or so to put your possessions in the box while the guard watches you to make sure that you don't get on the computer. When you're done, he walks you out the front door. We've all been wondering if it would be us. This morning, they layed off my best friend at work, and then a few hours later they told us that the layoffs are over. I'm happy that it wasn't me, and that it's over now, but sad about my best friend and the other friends who got axed. Also, I will have to figure out how the computer programs that some of these people were in charge of work, and that's going to mean a lot more work for me. *whine whine complain complain *

Old 06-03-2003, 11:23 PM   #137
Tuesday Weld
Forum Veteran
I missed you all. *hugs*

More freakin' rain today and we're supposed to get more,this week.Enough is enough!!!

Formerly musicrocksmyworld, ElvisDustyfan and vintagetvgirl.

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs

Old 06-04-2003, 12:22 AM   #138
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Default Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonS
I'm a computer programmer for a large brokerage chain. They told us a couple of weeks ago that we were going to have layoffs, and so for two weeks they've been walking people out the door. The way they fire a programmers is typically that your boss and a security guard appear at your cubicle with a cardboard box and say, "Don't touch your keyboard." Then you have a half hour or so to put your possessions in the box while the guard watches you to make sure that you don't get on the computer. When you're done, he walks you out the front door. We've all been wondering if it would be us. This morning, they layed off my best friend at work, and then a few hours later they told us that the layoffs are over. I'm happy that it wasn't me, and that it's over now, but sad about my best friend and the other friends who got axed. Also, I will have to figure out how the computer programs that some of these people were in charge of work, and that's going to mean a lot more work for me. *whine whine complain complain *

A lot of corporations are doing that "criminal" firing. Like you're gonna wreck the place leaving.

Old 06-04-2003, 01:05 PM   #139
*PinkLady*

Quote:
Originally posted by vintagetvgirl
More freakin' rain today and we're supposed to get more,this week.Enough is enough!!!

Ditto. I'm sooo sick of the rain; I'm seriously considering moving to the desert.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:21 PM   #140
Kay Scarpetta
Forum Celebrity
Defy Gravity 8.26.05

My band teacher and I got into a fight this morning (her fault, like always) and I was SCREAMING at her at the top of my lungs and calling her a 'bitch' right to her face. I'm lucky I didn't get 3 days of in-house.

To be a Broadway Freak, you must live, eat, sleep, study, devout, think, obsess, dream, believe Broadway.
You must know original & revival casts, soundtracks, performance runs, dates, theatres, numbers, how many Tony Awards A Chorus Line won.
You must be Broadway.
That's right bitches. I AM Broadway.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:15 PM   #141
*PinkLady*

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Karly
My band teacher and I got into a fight this morning (her fault, like always) and I was SCREAMING at her at the top of my lungs and calling her a 'bitch' right to her face. I'm lucky I didn't get 3 days of in-house.

Holy ****. What did she do?

Old 06-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #142
Montana Ponine
Tragically Beautiful

Send a message via AIM to Montana Ponine

Quote:
Originally posted by *~PinkLady59~*

Holy ****. What did she do?
My question as well!

Promotion tomorrow. waahhhh

Old 06-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #143
Titania
a part of that

Send a message via AIM to Titania

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Karly

i think band teachers all have their batons up their asses...

mine, he calls me bitch- actually "the bitchery" because im "the point from which all bitching begins"
i hate that guy sooo much

Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #144
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

I'd rather have surgery than write a resume and cover letter. Seriously.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #145
BrandonS

Default Re: Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by dawsongirl
A lot of corporations are doing that "criminal" firing. Like you're gonna wreck the place leaving.
Actually, Cathy, I've been through this a number of times at various companies, and computer programmers are pretty much always fired or layed off like that. I've seen this exact same thing when I worked at McDonnell Douglas and Florida Power.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #146
Warm & Fuzzy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Ahh yeah, it's been raining like heck lately. This morning, I stepped on this HUGE puddle going down to the train station...My sneakers and all were SOAKED!

Quote:
i think band teachers all have their batons up their asses...
Haha. That was good.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:41 PM   #147
*PinkLady*

My computer will not scroll right, it keeps disconnecting from the Internet, and the words that I type don't show up until ten minutes after I type them. Plus it keeps freezing.

*picks up computer and hurls it through the window, at which point it lands in the road and is run over by a tractor*

Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 PM   #148
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Default Re: Re: Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonS

Actually, Cathy, I've been through this a number of times at various companies, and computer programmers are pretty much always fired or layed off like that. I've seen this exact same thing when I worked at McDonnell Douglas and Florida Power.

Oh. My aunt was fired that way from a telemarketing job.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:08 PM   #149
Tuesday Weld
Forum Veteran
I missed you all. *hugs*

upset stomach,again.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #150
*PinkLady*

Quote:
upset stomach,again.

Aw, I'm sorry. I had one of those this morning.