Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2
CBS Announces Cast for The World's Best; Bravo Gets Anthology Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 PM   #136
BrandonS

Default I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

I'm a computer programmer for a large brokerage chain. They told us a couple of weeks ago that we were going to have layoffs, and so for two weeks they've been walking people out the door. The way they fire a programmers is typically that your boss and a security guard appear at your cubicle with a cardboard box and say, "Don't touch your keyboard." Then you have a half hour or so to put your possessions in the box while the guard watches you to make sure that you don't get on the computer. When you're done, he walks you out the front door. We've all been wondering if it would be us. This morning, they layed off my best friend at work, and then a few hours later they told us that the layoffs are over. I'm happy that it wasn't me, and that it's over now, but sad about my best friend and the other friends who got axed. Also, I will have to figure out how the computer programs that some of these people were in charge of work, and that's going to mean a lot more work for me. *whine whine complain complain *
Old 06-03-2003, 11:23 PM   #137
Tuesday Weld
I missed you all. *hugs*
Forum Veteran

More freakin' rain today and we're supposed to get more,this week.Enough is enough!!!

Formerly musicrocksmyworld, ElvisDustyfan and vintagetvgirl.

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs
Old 06-04-2003, 12:22 AM   #138
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Default Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonS
I'm a computer programmer for a large brokerage chain. They told us a couple of weeks ago that we were going to have layoffs, and so for two weeks they've been walking people out the door. The way they fire a programmers is typically that your boss and a security guard appear at your cubicle with a cardboard box and say, "Don't touch your keyboard." Then you have a half hour or so to put your possessions in the box while the guard watches you to make sure that you don't get on the computer. When you're done, he walks you out the front door. We've all been wondering if it would be us. This morning, they layed off my best friend at work, and then a few hours later they told us that the layoffs are over. I'm happy that it wasn't me, and that it's over now, but sad about my best friend and the other friends who got axed. Also, I will have to figure out how the computer programs that some of these people were in charge of work, and that's going to mean a lot more work for me. *whine whine complain complain *
A lot of corporations are doing that "criminal" firing. Like you're gonna wreck the place leaving.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:05 PM   #139
*PinkLady*

Quote:
Originally posted by vintagetvgirl
More freakin' rain today and we're supposed to get more,this week.Enough is enough!!!
Ditto. I'm sooo sick of the rain; I'm seriously considering moving to the desert.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:21 PM   #140
Kay Scarpetta
Defy Gravity 8.26.05
Forum Celebrity

My band teacher and I got into a fight this morning (her fault, like always) and I was SCREAMING at her at the top of my lungs and calling her a 'bitch' right to her face. I'm lucky I didn't get 3 days of in-house.

To be a Broadway Freak, you must live, eat, sleep, study, devout, think, obsess, dream, believe Broadway.
You must know original & revival casts, soundtracks, performance runs, dates, theatres, numbers, how many Tony Awards A Chorus Line won.
You must be Broadway.
That's right bitches. I AM Broadway.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:15 PM   #141
*PinkLady*

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Karly
My band teacher and I got into a fight this morning (her fault, like always) and I was SCREAMING at her at the top of my lungs and calling her a 'bitch' right to her face. I'm lucky I didn't get 3 days of in-house.
Holy ****. What did she do?
Old 06-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #142
Montana Ponine
Tragically Beautiful

Send a message via AIM to Montana Ponine

Quote:
Originally posted by *~PinkLady59~*

Holy ****. What did she do?
My question as well!

Promotion tomorrow. waahhhh
Old 06-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #143
Titania
a part of that

Send a message via AIM to Titania

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Karly
i think band teachers all have their batons up their asses...

mine, he calls me bitch- actually "the bitchery" because im "the point from which all bitching begins"
i hate that guy sooo much
Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #144
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

I'd rather have surgery than write a resume and cover letter. Seriously.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #145
BrandonS

Default Re: Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by dawsongirl
A lot of corporations are doing that "criminal" firing. Like you're gonna wreck the place leaving.
Actually, Cathy, I've been through this a number of times at various companies, and computer programmers are pretty much always fired or layed off like that. I've seen this exact same thing when I worked at McDonnell Douglas and Florida Power.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #146
Warm & Fuzzy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Ahh yeah, it's been raining like heck lately. This morning, I stepped on this HUGE puddle going down to the train station...My sneakers and all were SOAKED!

Quote:
i think band teachers all have their batons up their asses...
Haha. That was good.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:41 PM   #147
*PinkLady*

My computer will not scroll right, it keeps disconnecting from the Internet, and the words that I type don't show up until ten minutes after I type them. Plus it keeps freezing.

*picks up computer and hurls it through the window, at which point it lands in the road and is run over by a tractor*
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 PM   #148
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Default Re: Re: Re: I Survived, But I'm Not Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonS

Actually, Cathy, I've been through this a number of times at various companies, and computer programmers are pretty much always fired or layed off like that. I've seen this exact same thing when I worked at McDonnell Douglas and Florida Power.
Oh. My aunt was fired that way from a telemarketing job.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:08 PM   #149
Tuesday Weld
I missed you all. *hugs*
Forum Veteran

upset stomach,again.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #150
*PinkLady*

Quote:
upset stomach,again.
Aw, I'm sorry. I had one of those this morning.