Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 AM   #76
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I agree with you Rich. I wouldn't want Janice's job for anything. She doesn't get paid anything and she is constantly being forced to make difficult decisions. It really is a thankless position . But Janice has always been fair in any descisions she has made . As Mike said she's been a great moderator.
Janice has a very hard job being moderator. I know I couldn't do it. You rock Janice.

I know some of you have mentioned you miss 2003, 2004. I certaintly wouldn't want to go through that time period again. The gangup was awful. It would have been so much worse without Janice's help.

I think CC is a good place. The members here are good and personally, I prefer seeing the boards with less fighting. I know that won't win me any points with some, but that's ok. Janice has done a great job keeping the fights off CC.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:11 AM   #77
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Janice has a very hard job being moderator. I know I couldn't do it. You rock Janice.

I know some of you have mentioned you miss 2003, 2004. I certaintly wouldn't want to go through that time period again. The gangup was awful. It would have been so much worse without Janice's help.

I think CC is a good place. The members here are good and personally, I prefer seeing the boards with less fighting. I know that won't win me any points with some, but that's ok. Janice has done a great job keeping the fights off CC.
Thanks Jenny. Yeah, the days of gangups for sport are long over, as is the ever popular, "Let's terrorize the Moderator, just for laughs!". This isn't a game of cat and mouse, where I'm the mouse. I donate my time to this board, and I'm not going to be rewarded with abuse. If stopping the fights and the gangups removed the fun for some, so be it. It's a nice calm board. It's going through a slow period now, but it does that every now and then.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #78
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Janice has certainly cleaned up the rubbish that was on this board a few years ago. I, as well as countless others, are thankful of that. I am sure TJ is as well.

This place is still fun. It is what you make of your time here that matters.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 04-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #79
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Things have changed. Many members have left for various reasons. Just moved on, got older or bored whatever. New members have joined though, like Yooch, Rich, BarneyFife, and a few others. I think that, instead of focusing on how things used to be, try to adapt to how they are now. I think if you participate in birthday threads, condolence or advice threads, or simply join in some of the discussions, then new members will get to know you. You'll see that you'll get more attention and replies that way; for example, with the parody you wrote.

You get what you give. There is no elite group here. I'm personal friends (off the boards) with only a few members. What I see on Chit Chat is a friendly, welcoming group of people. My guess is that if you paid more attention to members here, they would pay more attention to you. You're a funny guy, Jack, and I know you get frustrated that these boards are not what they used to be. Your old audience has left, for the most part members of your age group. Don't take that out on the new members here if they're not overly receptive to you, or even the long-time members.

I mean no offense, just giving you my opinion. It's not hard to fit in here at all. I've seen new members become popular within weeks. The reason for that is that they're participating. You can't expect to hardly come around, then drop off something for people to read, unless you're doing the same for them. If you want to fit in, you have to be here and participate. You can't ride on your popularity of the past. It just doesn't work that way. This applies to anyone who finds themselves frustrated that they're not as popular as they used to be, while not actively participating.

Well said, everything was spot on!

It's a simple case of you get what you give. If you hardly contribute anything, you will hardly get responses back. If you try to give hell, not only will it not be tolerated, it will certainly be given back. This is a community and a very friendly one at that. If that is interpreted as boring by some, so be it. I'll take boring over the constant drama any day.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #80
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Well said, everything was spot on!

This is a community and a very friendly one at that. If that is interpreted as boring by some, so be it. I'll take boring over the constant drama any day.
Amen to that! Me too. I can find pahlenty of drama if I want to off-cyber. And I DON'T want it. Calm is just fine by me.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #81
vtunie
Forum Regular

The thing is, that SO is sort of a double board: one for the TV shows, which is hard-core and sorts itself naturally out by what we like (and not like) to watch, and two for the chit-chat --along with PM. So the TV talk works really well, but the non-TV stuff is obviously where it's easy to bruise and get bruised, though misunderstanding, lack of attention, a silly indiscretion, or just basic differences in personality and attitude. In this sense it's too bad the chit-chat forums are where most of the action is, always. I've never wanted to offend or be offended, and so I haven't really posted in chit-chat too much, and have only used PM once... But what I really want to say is that I really miss some of the people who have left, because they had so much to say that was interesting about the TV side of things. I'm thinking of Mikado and Ireneparalegal specifically, just because it was obvious they watch some of the same shows I do, but all the other members who have left are surely missed in whatever TV forums they were most active in.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #82
ilovethe80s

I try to stay away from drama and fights here and I try not to cause any drama or trouble here and I don't think i do. I hope I contribute to Sitcomsonline sometimes i feel a little unappricated but I try not to feel bad about it. I do have a minor learning disability so that's just the way i am. I have had feelings like I wanted to leave for good but I think people would miss me and I think there are a lot of good members here.

I also wanted to add that I agree with the other members about Janice I do think she's a good moderator here and she really likes a lot of the other members and gets a long with them. I do admit i was a little scared of her because she's a moderator I don't know why really but i'm not scared of her anymore I realize she's just doing what she's supposed to be doing.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #83
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethe80s
I try to stay away from drama and fights here and I try not to cause any drama or trouble here and I don't think i do. I hope I contribute to Sitcomsonline sometimes i feel a little unappricated but I try not to feel bad about it. I do have a minor learning disability so that's just the way i am. I have had feelings like I wanted to leave for good but I think people would miss me and I think there are a lot of good members here.
I think everybody here has thought about leaving for good at one time or another. lol Anyway I'm glad you're here.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #84
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I think everybody here has thought about leaving for good at one time or another. lol Anyway I'm glad you're here.
I know I have. And I can't remember why for most of those times now. I still like talking about TV.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #85
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtunie
The thing is, that SO is sort of a double board: one for the TV shows, which is hard-core and sorts itself naturally out by what we like (and not like) to watch, and two for the chit-chat --along with PM. So the TV talk works really well, but the non-TV stuff is obviously where it's easy to bruise and get bruised, though misunderstanding, lack of attention, a silly indiscretion, or just basic differences in personality and attitude. In this sense it's too bad the chit-chat forums are where most of the action is, always. I've never wanted to offend or be offended, and so I haven't really posted in chit-chat too much, and have only used PM once... But what I really want to say is that I really miss some of the people who have left, because they had so much to say that was interesting about the TV side of things. I'm thinking of Mikado and Ireneparalegal specifically, just because it was obvious they watch some of the same shows I do, but all the other members who have left are surely missed in whatever TV forums they were most active in.
Yes, I think you hit it on the head. It seem more and more like Chit Chat and the PMs are where the rifts start. I know, for example, that I post very little on Politics Board. because that's where passions seem to get very heated. I know I've felt offended by one or two of the posts there & they made me consider leaving SO. (Although most posts are polite expressions of views and dissent.) But then I thought of that old adage about not discussing religion or politics & realized I really don't like discussing these topics that much on cyber & that politics is not why I came to SO. But others do seem to like to discuss these topics, and seem find the discussions spirited. It is good there's a bd set aside specifically for this, otherwise politics would creep onto the sitcom sites. They still do a little at times, but a little's to be expected.

I don't PM too much, so thank god, I seem to avoid a lot of the drama-which I CAN REALLY DO WITHOUT.

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 04-22-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #86
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

My public Apoligy to Holly, TJ and everyone else.
Now my girlfriend is here...
Chit Chat Club- To get away from people bashing Chit Chat!
Funny Joke heard on Cable Tonight
Mourning thread...
grady
I can't put my finger on it but SitcomsOnline hasn't been as fun as it was in the

classic SO. minus the stuff that might offend people who are still here.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #87
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

i am deeply offended by the Chit Chat Club thread.

just kidding lolol i wish i wasnt annoying back then

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
Old 04-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #88
Stormtracker TF
🤔
Forum Idol

That stuff is Gold, reading the thread about the guy who "died" still cracks me up.

I don't care what anyone says, those are the kind of things that made/makes SO great.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #89
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

aww this was such a happy time

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=150343

and i enjoy this thread.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=116852
Old 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #90
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

LOL great threads

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]