Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy
Rare Gems on getTV for Black History Month; Showtime Comedy Pilot Brings Out the Stars
ABC Crossovers Set for March 1; Tosh.0 Gets 3 Additional Seasons Thru 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Tosh.0 Gets Three Season Renewal; New DVDs for Diff'rent Strokes and More

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #61
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich p
I think you do a really great job too. There are a lot of personalities here ... and sometimes they collide...(and if there are any conflicts, off or on the bds, I hope they get worked out)
I agree with you Rich. I wouldn't want Janice's job for anything. She doesn't get paid anything and she is constantly being forced to make difficult decisions. It really is a thankless position . But Janice has always been fair in any descisions she has made . As Mike said she's been a great moderator.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #62
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Lily & Cesar-In my Heart 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I agree with you Rich. I wouldn't want Janice's job for anything. She doesn't get paid anything and she is constantly being forced to make difficult decisions. It really is a thankless position . But Janice has always been fair in any descisions she has made . As Mike said she's been a great moderator.
Thanks Sonny. It's not always easy. I always say, if you follow the rules, you'll never hear from me. I'm never looking for trouble. I hate gangups with a passion, and that includes gangups against me, lol. ESPECIALLY gangups against me.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #63
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich p
I think you do a really great job too. There are a lot of personalities here ... and sometimes they collide...(and if there are any conflicts, off or on the bds, I hope they get worked out)
You've been a great addition to Chit Chat and this site, Rich. Who would ever think that having a bully on your case, caused us to "meet". Talk about a blessing in disguise.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #64
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Personally I feel not as known and acknowledged around here as I used to be. I feel like there's this one group of people who all know each other and then there's a few of us who get overlooked. I mean I honestly don't have a huge problem over it, it's not like I lose sleep over it lol I have my own life outside of here now, unlike when I was 13...but still, keeps me less interested in the boards nowaday. Not as exciting as it used to be.

And Cathy, you're one of the coolest people here I just wanted to let you know that. You remind me so much of myself in so many ways, whenever I read your posts in the complaint dept I'm like...wow that's me more than half the time.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to make this place more exciting again. And I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that. It's just not like it used to be. I mean it's insane going back to four years ago and seeing the difference in posts and threads. I dunno, we need something exciting.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor

Old 04-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #65
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

And I really miss some of the old people who used to be here too, some I didn't even talk to that much but they were just fun to have around. Crystal, Amy, Tim, Karly (hope I spelled that right), Katie and a bunch of others...I know some things went down but it sucks.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #66
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pleasant Tomorrow*
Personally I feel not as known and acknowledged around here as I used to be. I feel like there's this one group of people who all know each other and then there's a few of us who get overlooked. I mean I honestly don't have a huge problem over it, it's not like I lose sleep over it lol I have my own life outside of here now, unlike when I was 13...but still, keeps me less interested in the boards nowaday. Not as exciting as it used to be.

And Cathy, you're one of the coolest people here I just wanted to let you know that. You remind me so much of myself in so many ways, whenever I read your posts in the complaint dept I'm like...wow that's me more than half the time.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to make this place more exciting again. And I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that. It's just not like it used to be. I mean it's insane going back to four years ago and seeing the difference in posts and threads. I dunno, we need something exciting.
I do agree with you Ashlee that the boards aren't as fun as they used to be. Back in 2003 when I joined I had fun just about every second I was on the site. And a lot of good friends left since then so I know how you feel about that too. I'm glad you're still around though. It's nice to see some of the old members still post. Hopefully SO will be exciting again.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #67
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Janice does do a wonderful job as a moderator, but sadly that doesn't stop some members from making other members lives miserable through PMs and outside the boards. I'm not one to stir up trouble at all, therefore I do my best to resolve any problems outside the boards. Unfortunately, me trying to be a peace maker back fires on me sometimes, go figure.

So if I have hurt anyone or made anyone angry with me, I apologize, believe me, I've been hurt by a few members lately and it isn't easy to deal with.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #68
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:

i agree with every word of that post. from around 2003-2005 this place used to be so chaotic. people faking their own deaths, posting under multiple names all the time, cutting their wrists over what other members did to them on livejournal, threatening to leave the boards over silly things, making parody threads, and of course all of the utter silliness that constantly went on. i've seen plenty of bizarre activity on other message boards before, but never so much on the same one. i'm glad i've gotten a life and am not as addicted to this board as i used to be, but we need all that insanity back.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #69
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

i definitely agree with Ashlee and Sarah. i feel like Chit Chat is kind of "elite" now which is why i don't post on it as much, cause i feel like there's only one group and everyone else is kind of ignored. there were groups in the old days but everyone still talked to each other and it was pretty easy to fit in. plus it's just not as crazy and fun as it was in the old days. it wasn't just fighting because that did get annoying (though a lot of the threads were very entertaining) there was just always something interesting and exciting going on and i feel like that's kind of been lost. i can't put my finger on it, something just...changed. -_-

just my opinion anyway.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com

Old 04-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #70
*InThisMoment*
Forum Legend
a starlit sky and you & me

Send a message via MSN to *InThisMoment*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoJoe
i definitely agree with Ashlee and Sarah. i feel like Chit Chat is kind of "elite" now which is why i don't post on it as much, cause i feel like there's only one group and everyone else is kind of ignored. there were groups in the old days but everyone still talked to each other and it was pretty easy to fit in. plus it's just not as crazy and fun as it was in the old days. it wasn't just fighting because that did get annoying (though a lot of the threads were very entertaining) there was just always something interesting and exciting going on and i feel like that's kind of been lost. i can't put my finger on it, something just...changed. -_-

just my opinion anyway.
I have to agree. I miss alot of the old members who used to keep this place fun.. even if I never really talked with them or anything. I guess this place has just gone downhill. It happens. SO will always have a special place in my heart because of all the awesome people I met and the great experiences I had here back in the day, even though it's not what it used to be. To be honest, I think I'll probably be signing in on here daily until this place no longer exists.
but you make me feel i'm in paradise, anywhere

you're velvet on a red cupcake
sound a cello & a violin make

Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #71
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

I couldnt agree with Ashlee, Sarah, Sonny , Joe and Lynn more. While the occasional thread here thats not on the AI or random board sparks my attention and I say something in reply to it, but the thing is, it's just not what it used to be. I, too, am starting to feel like CC is becoming elite and that only a certain group of people post, just like Joe said, there were groups back then, but we all talked to each other and it was easy to fit in, I remember a time when I was friends with all 3 random board groups, all 3, still am, but only a few of us still post, and I too miss some of the older members that kept the place fun, dont really miss Nate much, but he did keep it active. It has just gone downhill recently, its sad when you're on here for a minute, go to another site, go here, and the same reply that you last saw. I remember there was a time when our threads, well Me, Joe, TF, Lynn, Ashlee,Chad,EFD etc., would make threads that weren't seen as "nonsense", ok maybe to some they were, but not us, and now we're ignored, and no matter what the thread might be, we still do, it sucks for me to have to advertise a thread just to get people to look at it. I KNOW not everyone on the board wants to read a parody of mine that won 3rd place in an SOTM contest, or whenever I've done a thread. Something...changed, people.....changed, everything....changed. There's not too much excitement or much going on like there once was, I do have a life outside of here,sorta, but I still come on here, and sometimes see, well NOTHING that interests me, and when I do, and I reply, it mostly gets ignored now. When people who have been here for a year start getting more "popular" than us, something's up.

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/b]

Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #72
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoJoe

just my opinion anyway.

What elite group? One group and everyone else is ignored. That's just bull. I see a few groups of friends around here, you and your buddies to name a few. Why don't you just join in and post? Nobody's bothering anyone here. It's a friendly group. I could be wrong, but I think people miss the constant drama. That's what's changed. It's not a slugfest an hour anymore. There's no need to blame it on the members. It's a nice group of people here.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet

Old 04-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #73
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
You remind me so much of myself in so many ways, whenever I read your posts in the complaint dept I'm like...wow that's me more than half the time.

You should be very scared. lol

Thank you. You remind me a lot of myself too.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #74
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I couldnt agree with Ashlee, Sarah, Sonny , Joe and Lynn more. While the occasional thread here thats not on the AI or random board sparks my attention and I say something in reply to it, but the thing is, it's just not what it used to be. I, too, am starting to feel like CC is becoming elite and that only a certain group of people post, just like Joe said, there were groups back then, but we all talked to each other and it was easy to fit in, I remember a time when I was friends with all 3 random board groups, all 3, still am, but only a few of us still post, and I too miss some of the older members that kept the place fun, dont really miss Nate much, but he did keep it active. It has just gone downhill recently, its sad when you're on here for a minute, go to another site, go here, and the same reply that you last saw. I remember there was a time when our threads, well Me, Joe, TF, Lynn, Ashlee,Chad,EFD etc., would make threads that weren't seen as "nonsense", ok maybe to some they were, but not us, and now we're ignored, and no matter what the thread might be, we still do, it sucks for me to have to advertise a thread just to get people to look at it. I KNOW not everyone on the board wants to read a parody of mine that won 3rd place in an SOTM contest, or whenever I've done a thread. Something...changed, people.....changed, everything....changed. There's not too much excitement or much going on like there once was, I do have a life outside of here,sorta, but I still come on here, and sometimes see, well NOTHING that interests me, and when I do, and I reply, it mostly gets ignored now. When people who have been here for a year start getting more "popular" than us, something's up.
Things have changed. Many members have left for various reasons. Just moved on, got older or bored whatever. New members have joined though, like Yooch, Rich, BarneyFife, and a few others. I think that, instead of focusing on how things used to be, try to adapt to how they are now. I think if you participate in birthday threads, condolence or advice threads, or simply join in some of the discussions, then new members will get to know you. You'll see that you'll get more attention and replies that way; for example, with the parody you wrote.

You get what you give. There is no elite group here. I'm personal friends (off the boards) with only a few members. What I see on Chit Chat is a friendly, welcoming group of people. My guess is that if you paid more attention to members here, they would pay more attention to you. You're a funny guy, Jack, and I know you get frustrated that these boards are not what they used to be. Your old audience has left, for the most part members of your age group. Don't take that out on the new members here if they're not overly receptive to you, or even the long-time members.

I mean no offense, just giving you my opinion. It's not hard to fit in here at all. I've seen new members become popular within weeks. The reason for that is that they're participating. You can't expect to hardly come around, then drop off something for people to read, unless you're doing the same for them. If you want to fit in, you have to be here and participate. You can't ride on your popularity of the past. It just doesn't work that way. This applies to anyone who finds themselves frustrated that they're not as popular as they used to be, while not actively participating.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #75
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation

For the record, I only move threads when they're posted in the wrong section. If a thread is against the rules, it gets deleted. Regarding the Smurf threads, word is that I'm the one who is moving them. It ain't me. I'm not the only one with the capability to move threads. I moved one thread recently as it simply asked a question. PM me with a question. A thread must have a topic, and not just ask members how they're doing today. We have threads stickied for that. I treat everyone here with the respect they deserve. If I'm treated with disrespect, don't expect kindness from me. I am here to respond to every reported post, PM or any concern that any member may have. I treat people as they treat me.