Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

GLOW Renewed for Season 3 by Netflix; TNT Orders Niecy Nash Talk Show Pilot
MeTV Fall 2018 Schedule; Disney Channel Gets New Sitcom for Friday Nights This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 20, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Commitment for Spinoff of The Middle Starring Eden Sher; Luke Null Leaving Saturday Night Live
Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #46
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy for Blair
Cathy, you are one of my favorite people here. Also, I think quite a few people will agree with me that you are somebody here. Your threads are always funny and honest.
I agree. Cathy adds that cool mix of dry humor and wit. She matters, a lot.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #47
PlayOn
ADHD: what I have not who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Good one. Speaking of eggs, I cracked one open today and it was a double yolk. That happens about twice a year, if that. Does that mean the chicks were twins, I wonder. This concludes my version of boring and useless information, lol.
Janice, I've never heard of double-yolk eggs. But then again, I can't/don't cook so...

anyway, i never saw/heard any fights and when one was brewing, our good Janice was here to delete that post and Seth would terminate that persons account.
somebody starts it, Janice finishes it.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #48
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWillisFan
Janice, I've never heard of double-yolk eggs. But then again, I can't/don't cook so...

anyway, i never saw/heard any fights and when one was brewing, our good Janice was here to delete that post and Seth would terminate that persons account.
I love it. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, lol.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 AM   #49
TJL
Suburbanite Extrordinaire
Forum Veteran

Quote:
I love it. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, lol.

I agree.

Janice, you took on an impossible job, and you have been an outstanding moderator. You have taken far too much abuse over the years, and you have always handled yourself in the most proper manner.

It takes a lot to deal with us. Your performance has been incredible.

Honeslty, your dedication to Sitoms Online is above and beyond.

I salute you, and I don't salute that often.

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 04-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #50
Pusy Galore
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
I agree with Lauren. What goes on outside the boards is noones buisness.

That said, then why are some people BRINGING their off board issues onto the boards - via PMs trying to enlist people to gang up on other people without providing ANY evidence or proof or even a good reason for it.

That's what's put me off a bit. I've had people try to pull me into an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with me.

I've got more drama than I need going on in my "real" life - I certainly don't need it here. I come here to escape b.s. and hopefully pickup my mood.

I haven't seen fights per se on the boards, but you can see some weird comments or people referring to "inside jokes" and it's bound to cause problems.

Personally, I miss Mikado - he was a huge contributor to these boards and I fear we've lost him as we have other great members. I know how much these boards meant to him and it hurts to see that happen.

Let's grow up people. If you have an valid issue with another member, you contact a moderator or administrator and leave the cliquish garbage to another venue......or the schoolyard.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 04-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #51
Lee
veteran member

I hope Ireneparalegal is able to come back
Old 04-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #52
coffield3
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I hope Ireneparalegal is able to come back
I hope so aswell Lee I would never of thought she would get suspended.

ღღღ
Old 04-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #53
coffield3
<3

Where the hell is Mikado aswell?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #54
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL

I agree.

Janice, you took on an impossible job, and you have been an outstanding moderator. You have taken far too much abuse over the years, and you have always handled yourself in the most proper manner.

It takes a lot to deal with us. Your performance has been incredible.

Honeslty, your dedication to Sitoms Online is above and beyond.

I salute you, and I don't salute that often.

Aww, how sweet. Thanks for the appreciating me, Tom. It's tough, but fun. I often take heat for things that have nothing to do with me. Also, people often get mad at all moderators for enforcing the rules. I see it at other message sites as well. It used to bother me, but it doesn't any more. I've found that the people that don't like me are the people who don't want to obey the rules. Chances are if a person doesn't like me, the feeling is mutual, lol.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #55
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation

We don't discuss suspensions on the boards. That rule is to respect the privacy of the person who was suspended, among other reasons. Also, if you don't see suspended or banned under a member's name, they are able and welcome to post.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #56
Pusy Galore
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWillisFan

Double yolk eggs freak me out - like Janice said - you crack one when you're making a cake and does that mess up the whole batch?? Does it still count as one egg or one and a half? I've seen it ask for two eggs before too so how does it count there? Ahhh the mysterious questions of life......

LOL JANICE........THE TERMINATOR!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #57
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Last month I took a week long break from the boards to focus on some family matters. When I got back it seemed like the entire board had been turned upside down. Everyone seemed to be angry with each other and I somehow got put in the middle of at least one argument even though I didn't have the slightest idea what had even happened in the first place. Over the last month it seems everything as gotten even worse here. Mikado left the boards. Lauren has now left the boards. I also haven't seen recent posts from Kelly, Katie, Tara, Irene and Cathy. Where has everyone gone? It seems like most of my good friends are leaving the boards.

The point of this thread is a plea for everyone here to get along. Over the last three weeks I have become so uncomfortable here that I have limited my posting to the show boards, the music and movie boards and birthday threads. I've been uncomfortable about posting in any other threads because I don't want to become involved in any more fights. I know that others feel the same as me. TJ even made a thread telling all of to leave the drama at the door. I totally agree with him. This is supposed to be a place to have fun, we don't need all the drama.

I have been holding a grudge against a fellow member myself for about a month now and I have decided to just let it go. I just don't need this sort of negativity in my life. None of us do. So can we all just be friends here? It seems like much of the fighting has been between people who are friends. All I can say to this is, friends forgive one another.
I haven't really commented on this until now but I was pretty much in the same boat Mike. I was gone about the same week you were and when I got back I found things had changed. I didn't want to get involved in anything and by doing that I think I hurt somebody who never did me any harm. I agree with Cathie too that it's one thing to have things take place off the boards but when you try to recruit other people for your cause for no reason at all that just isn't right. It also makes it hard for members who are friends with both sides. You didn't deserve to be put in the middle of anything Mike. You are one of the nicest members on SO. The board would be better off with more members like you.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #58
KissMyGrits
HEGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I haven't really commented on this until now but I was pretty much in the same boat Mike. I was gone about the same week you were and when I got back I found things had changed. I didn't want to get involved in anything and by doing that I think I hurt somebody who never did me any harm. I agree with Cathie too that it's one thing to have things take place off the boards but when you try to recruit other people for your cause for no reason at all that just isn't right. It also makes it hard for members who are friends with both sides. You didn't deserve to be put in the middle of anything Mike. You are one of the nicest members on SO. The board would be better off with more members like you.
Here! Here! Sonny!! I totally agree!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #59
Jo_Luvs_Ketchup
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
I also haven't seen recent posts from Kelly, Katie, Tara, Irene and Cathy. Where has everyone gone? It seems like most of my good friends are leaving the boards.
First of all....

Thank you for the thoughts Mike. I did not in anyway leave the boards because of what has been going on. I've had some personal problems and we had a death. I had to take some time. People are wondering where I am all over the internet But I will try to be on more I promise. Thanks again Mike.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #60
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Aww, how sweet. Thanks for the appreciating me, Tom. It's tough, but fun. I often take heat for things that have nothing to do with me. Also, people often get mad at all moderators for enforcing the rules. I see it at other message sites as well. It used to bother me, but it doesn't any more. I've found that the people that don't like me are the people who don't want to obey the rules. Chances are if a person doesn't like me, the feeling is mutual, lol.
I think you do a really great job too. There are a lot of personalities here ... and sometimes they collide...(and if there are any conflicts, off or on the bds, I hope they get worked out)

xxoo You both Rock!!